Griffey to White Sox

skyline

http://proxy.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3512365

I hate to see him go, being a big fan. That said, it's the right move to back for both parties. The reds free up his salary to bring in young players on a team that's trying to turn a corner.

Griffey goes to a possible contender, which is good...he doesn't have that many more years left and needs to be on a competitive team. Who wouldn't like to see him play in October?

It's hard to believe that he's been here since 2000.

What I find hard to believe is the dreams of team greatness his arrival in Cincinnati seemingly forebode, but never materialized. When he was signed I was thinking World Series within three years.

It's hard to be that far off the truth without the help of illicit drugs is possible, but there you have it. :rolleyes:

HIP HIP HOORAYYYYYY!!!!

NANANANA NANANANA HEY HEY HEY GOOD BYE!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about a leech on the payroll. THANK GOD he is gone. Hes a great guy and a good player but not worth as much as the reds payed for him. He was what, half the payroll? Now maybe we can possibly get over the hump.

I was really happy when Griffey was signed, but I agree he has cost the organization to much money for what they were getting in return.

I to, will be a White Sox fan until the day Griffey leaves them or retires and consider this a sad day for the most part.

I enjoyed watching him play... Good luck Junior !!!

WHODEY !!!

Well we all knew this was coming. I wish we could of gotten something for him. But this was just a salary dump and I hope he gets to a W/S with the SOX. They got a good chance in the A.L.,but the ANGELS will be tough to beat out for A.L crown.....Good Luck GRIFF :sure:

I wonder where he will be next year. Is there a chance that he would come back here for less than the option that was on the table for 2009?

I would put those chances somewhere between slim and none. My bet would be him going back to Seattle.

Yeah probably so. Or maybe Tampa Bay now that they are a legitimate major league team.

It's hard to believe that he's been here since 2000.

That's because 2000 was the last season he played a full season in. He's been on the DL almost every year since. I wish things would've worked out differently. I was very excited when they signed him all those years ago, but have been clamoring for him to be traded for three or four years now. For some reason he hasn't been able to stay healthy here.