Is Hobson Toying With Me?

blueridge

I'm never quite sure whether Hobson really has solid inside information as to what the M & M show is thinking with regard to the upcoming draft. Recent stories on the team's website, particularly his latest, seem to suggest that the team is giving serious consideration to using the #9 pick on a running back,i.e., Stewart, Mendenhall, or McFadden(should he drop). I don't know what to think. If Ellis or Rivers aren't around when the Bengals pick, I suppose one of these RBs could represent a viable Plan C. But if Hobson is indeed wired in to what is going on, what really worries me is that he has recently and on more than one occasion mentioned Pitt OT Jeff Otah. Otah is a fine player I'm sure, but the prospect of using a top ten selection on another hulking tackle is worrisome. This may be far-fetched, but the Bengals have in the past evinced a scary penchant for the alarming reach, e.g. Frostee Rucker. Frostee Rucker!?! WTF! (By the way, does Mike Brown have any grandchildren? I ask because I am half convinced that the only explanation for the Frostee selection is that some doting parent or grand-parent in the front office let a five year-old make that 3rd round pick in 2006;when I was 5, a jolly snowman and ice cream both seemed like a good idea.) I'm rambling now. Its the eve of the draft.I worry about my poor kitty kats.

I'm never quite sure whether Hobson really has solid inside information as to what the M & M show is thinking with regard to the upcoming draft. Recent stories on the team's website, particularly his latest, seem to suggest that the team is giving serious consideration to using the #9 pick on a running back,i.e., Stewart, Mendenhall, or McFadden(should he drop). I don't know what to think. If Ellis or Rivers aren't around when the Bengals pick, I suppose one of these RBs could represent a viable Plan C. But if Hobson is indeed wired in to what is going on, what really worries me is that he has recently and on more than one occasion mentioned Pitt OT Jeff Otah. Otah is a fine player I'm sure, but the prospect of using a top ten selection on another hulking tackle is worrisome. This may be far-fetched, but the Bengals have in the past evinced a scary penchant for the alarming reach, e.g. Frostee Rucker. Frostee Rucker!?! WTF! (By the way, does Mike Brown have any grandchildren? I ask because I am half convinced that the only explanation for the Frostee selection is that some doting parent or grand-parent in the front office let a five year-old make that 3rd round pick in 2006;when I was 5, a jolly snowman and ice cream both seemed like a good idea.) I'm rambling now. Its the eve of the draft.I worry about my poor kitty kats.

:lol: You just got home from the bar, didn't you?

No worries mate. Been there, done that. ;)