A crazy idea, Jason taylor, Chad Johnson, and Cedric Ellis

DDOGG

I saw on NFL network last night that the Dolphins are looking for another first round pick. If he Bengals got creative they could completely fix the defense in one fell swoop.

Take the Redskins offer (pending Chad paying back some of his signing bonus) and swap 21 to the Dolphins for Jason Taylor and another pick. use the additional pick to trade up with New England to ensure we get Ellis. We then have:

Odom Peko Ellis Taylor

That would be one of the best defensive lines in football. With fast rangy linebackers and good cover corners we have a top five defense. The loss of Chad Johnson hurts less because we will not need to score nearly as much and can commit to a power running game.

Feel free to hammer me but I would love this scenario.

I saw on NFL network last night that the Dolphins are looking for another first round pick. If he Bengals got creative they could completely fix the defense in one fell swoop.

Take the Redskins offer (pending Chad paying back some of his signing bonus) and swap 21 to the Dolphins for Jason Taylor and another pick. use the additional pick to trade up with New England to ensure we get Ellis. We then have:

Odom Peko Ellis Taylor

That would be one of the best defensive lines in football. With fast rangy linebackers and good cover corners we have a top five defense. The loss of Chad Johnson hurts less because we will not need to score nearly as much and can commit to a power running game.

Feel free to hammer me but I would love this scenario.

Give the Flippers a perfectly good pick at #21 so they can unload a soon to be 34 year old pro for a 21 year old pro? You're serious? Mike Brown might as well load up the moving trucks at midnight and leave town if he did that.

Jason Taylor is very likely to be cut.

Again, Jason Taylor will be 34 when the season starts. He's not going to be productive much longer.

you get an A for effort but as mentioned by the post before me, Talyor is inching toward ineffective.

Pose it this way,

would you rather have a guy, Taylor, who used to be productive but may have one average season in him left...or a another r1 pick and get a guy like Groves or Merling who may have 10 years to contribute...?

Taylor is not worth an r1 pick...heck look what Minny gave for a 26 yr-old Jared Allen...