Bengals draft special

icehole3

was on last night and the Bengals showed off all their scouts and who's on their draft board Jim Lippincott Director of Football Operations and holder of Mike Brown's cross dressing photos started of the program talking about these guys in this order.

DL - dorsey ellis long harvey gholsten

RB - mc fadden jones mendenhall johnson stewart

LB - rivers lofton groves

DBs - mc kelvin rogers cromartie talib jenkins phillips zbikowski

OL - long williams otah clady baker albert

TE - carlson cottam davis

WR - kelly jackson sweed thomas caldwell

QB - ryan brohm flacco

Dave Lapham take on the 1st round, says if Ellis is gone its Mendenhall, says they wont trade up may trade down. Rb, WR in the second but if one of the OLs on their board drops they grab him. I can comment later on individual players.

my opinion based on watching this Lippincott special was I pray to god Ellis falls in our lap and I think in the second round theyre gonna reach and grab RB Chris Johnson, they must not be happy watching Rudi work out.

pray.gif

was on last night and the Bengals showed off all their scouts and who's on their draft board

I cannot believe any organization in their right mind would actually tell the truth the week before the draft.

Dave Lapham ... says if Ellis is gone its Mendenhall

pray.gif

I think it's safe to assume that these lists do NOT reflect their job board, and are hoping to generate trade talk or mislead our competition. Clady & Albert behind Williams & Otah?? Thomas behind 3 other receivers, and Caldwell up to 5th? I dont't think so .......

The most interesting thing this week is the assertion that New Orleans wants to trade up with Atlanta. If this happens, and Matt Ryan is on the board when we pick, our number 9 selection becomes a very hot commodity. Carolina (13th), Chicago (14th), and Tampa Bay (20th) are viable trade partners, wanting to ace out Atlanta for the highest rated QB in the draft.

was on last night and the Bengals showed off all their scouts and who's on their draft board

I cannot believe any organization in their right mind would actually tell the truth the week before the draft.

Dave Lapham ... says if Ellis is gone its Mendenhall

pray.gif

I think it's safe to assume that these lists do NOT reflect their job board, and are hoping to generate trade talk or mislead our competition. Clady & Albert behind Williams & Otah?? Thomas behind 3 other receivers, and Caldwell up to 5th? I dont't think so .......

The most interesting thing this week is the assertion that New Orleans wants to trade up with Atlanta. If this happens, and Matt Ryan is on the board when we pick, our number 9 selection becomes a very hot commodity. Carolina (13th), Chicago (14th), and Tampa Bay (20th) are viable trade partners, wanting to ace out Atlanta for the highest rated QB in the draft.

I do believe Matt Ryan will be available and Ellis will be gone at number 9. Ellis is simply too good to last and Ryan is simply overrated. I kind of expect to see them trade down rather than trade up. Besides does anyone think that if Ellis is available at #8, that Baltimore won't take him? If for no other reason than to guarantee another fun season playing the Cincy "soft as butter" D?

If I'm the Ravens and Ellis is available, then I trade with the Saints so that they can take them and therefore keep Ellis away from a divisional rival. Then they could probably take Ryan if he was still available at #10 or a CB like McElvin or Talib or Rodger-Cromartie, if Ryan was already gone.

I'm quite sure that the Ravens would want to do this, especially if Ryan was gone. Therefore, the Bengals should trade up with the Patriots if Ellis is still there at #7 and give them our last pick in the 3rd so that the Saints and Ravens can't screw us. Unfortunately, this is probably going to happen, and we'll all be talking about how "we were so close to getting Ellis" knowing that we could have had him all along if we would just do a little movement.

WE NEED ELLIS! No other selection gets me excited.

If I'm the Ravens and Ellis is available, then I trade with the Saints so that they can take them and therefore keep Ellis away from a divisional rival. Then they could probably take Ryan if he was still available at #10 or a CB like McElvin or Talib or Rodger-Cromartie, if Ryan was already gone.

I'm quite sure that the Ravens would want to do this, especially if Ryan was gone. Therefore, the Bengals should trade up with the Patriots if Ellis is still there at #7 and give them our last pick in the 3rd so that the Saints and Ravens can't screw us. Unfortunately, this is probably going to happen, and we'll all be talking about how "we were so close to getting Ellis" knowing that we could have had him all along if we would just do a little movement.

That's a good point - the Ravens could move down, pick up a later pick, and screw a divisional rival simultaneously, with no risk that Nawlins takes the guy (Ryan) Baltimore presumably wants. Oh, and they get Ryan at a later slot so he's cheaper. Yeah, they'd have to be stupid not to trade with NO.

Wonder what NE would want to do a deal? Pound of flesh?

EDIT: The only risk is this: if I'm the Bengals, I call Baltimore and tell them if they make a trade with Nawlins so we don't get Ellis, we make a trade with somebody so they don't get Ryan. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

Living outside of Cincinnati, I am unable to watch the show. Thanks for the update.

Has anyone taped and posted the show??

The Show has been uploaded to Benglas.com, you can watch it there.

Sounds like a personal problem :lol: We do not NEED Ellis !!!

Ok - here's a scenario - you can a) get Ellis by trading up (losing a 3rd), or -

B) pick up a 3rd trading down - so you now have:

a) Harvey (DE), Trevor Laws (DT), Caldwell (WR), Avril (LB) & Forte (WR) or something similar, or

B) Ellis (DT), Doucet (WR) and Howard (LB)

which group helps us win games next year ??? in 2009 ???

That's a good point - the Ravens could move down, pick up a later pick, and screw a divisional rival simultaneously, with no risk that Nawlins takes the guy (Ryan) Baltimore presumably wants. Oh, and they get Ryan at a later slot so he's cheaper. Yeah, they'd have to be stupid not to trade with NO.

EDIT: The only risk is this: if I'm the Bengals, I call Baltimore and tell them if they make a trade with Nawlins so we don't get Ellis, we make a trade with somebody so they don't get Ryan. Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD).

Absolutely - the Rat-birds have to know that they have a HUGE chance to lose their player

Sounds like a personal problem :lol: We do not NEED Ellis !!!

Ok - here's a scenario - you can a) get Ellis by trading up (losing a 3rd), or -

B) pick up a 3rd trading down - so you now have:

a) Harvey (DE), Trevor Laws (DT), Caldwell (WR), Avril (LB) & Forte (WR) or something similar, or

B) Ellis (DT), Doucet (WR) and Howard (LB)

which group helps us win games next year ??? in 2009 ???

Absolutely - the Rat-birds have to know that they have a HUGE chance to lose their player

This is what makes the draft fun to us poor, benighted, married slugs. What will they do? Of course Ryan may not even be their guy, could be someone else in the 2ed round. Thing is, by #8, if Ellis is still there, they have to take him. He'll be the best player available and the rats always go there in the draft, Kyle Boller not with standing.

Therefore, the Bengals should trade up with the Patriots if Ellis is still there at #7 and give them our last pick in the 3rd so that the Saints and Ravens can't screw us. Unfortunately, this is probably going to happen, and we'll all be talking about how "we were so close to getting Ellis" knowing that we could have had him all along if we would just do a little movement.

The way I see the draft playing out at the moment, I think Ellis will be the pick at 7. The only question is whether it's NO or Cincy making the selection.

Therefore, the Bengals should trade up with the Patriots if Ellis is still there at #7 and give them our last pick in the 3rd so that the Saints and Ravens can't screw us. Unfortunately, this is probably going to happen, and we'll all be talking about how "we were so close to getting Ellis" knowing that we could have had him all along if we would just do a little movement.

The way I see the draft playing out at the moment, I think Ellis will be the pick at 7. The only question is whether it's NO or Cincy making the selection.

Aye I'd say wait to see if saints trade 2-4 range if they don't get get on the phone with the Chiefs & the patriots and work something out.