how about jared allen for chad

UK Bengal

seeing as the chiefs are taking trade offers for allen they may be interested in this we have plenty of picks so maybe a third and 4th plus chad and an imiediate upgrade at DE.

only problem is finding the cap space to give allen a contract that could be tricky but i think it would be worth it for a 25year old who led the nfl in sacks last year.

yeah he had a couple of dui's and got his suspension reduced but id be willing to overlook that for his talent.

yeah he had a couple of dui's and got his suspension reduced but id be willing to overlook that for his talent.

I seriously doubt the Bengals front office would be so generous in this respect. Not after all of the off field problems they've endured up to now.

Simply not worth the risk IMHO.

As Billy said, the character concerns make it highly unlikely. Also, Allen is a young, gifted DE. Not sure they'd go for trading that for a WR whose best years are most likely behind him (approaching the wrong side of 30 soon) straight out. Especially one who has the mental agility of a pinenut.

Not worth the risk.

Yea its not worth the risk for a 25 year old sack master. Does anyone remember that Allen is the one that made everyone in the league get down on Levi, he beat him so bad that they pulled Levi out of the game. Frankly, he got a DUI which is f**ked up but it isn't that serious. You guys are crazy to think he isn't worth it. Allen is high intensity and he would come in and unf**k our defense. We would draft Rivers or a DT in round one and get odell back and our defense would be back!

seeing as the chiefs are taking trade offers for allen they may be interested in this we have plenty of picks so maybe a third and 4th plus chad and an imiediate upgrade at DE.

only problem is finding the cap space to give allen a contract that could be tricky but i think it would be worth it for a 25year old who led the nfl in sacks last year.

Well considering that the Bengals already have two starting DE's this trade makes no sense. Who would you bench Odom or Geathers? I think before anyone else posts a thread regarding trades for Chad they need to put a little more thought into the process.

I just heard on the radio that Brian Urlacher wants to be traded. How about trading him for Stinko? I think he would significantly upgrade the defense, and you would have the possibility of having Thurman, Urlacher, and Brooks on the field together. Damn that sounds nasty. Then try and get Ellis in the first and you got a kick ass D.

Well considering that the Bengals already have two starting DE's this trade makes no sense. Who would you bench Odom or Geathers? I think before anyone else posts a thread regarding trades for Chad they need to put a little more thought into the process.

How many sacks did geathers have last year? Let me ask you we all love JJ and Hall but if someone was going to give us a 25 year old champ bailey i am pretty sure we would drop one of them guys to nickel back. Same thing, if we can get Allen who is a top 3 end in the league then we bench the other bums!

How many sacks did geathers have last year? Let me ask you we all love JJ and Hall but if someone was going to give us a 25 year old champ bailey i am pretty sure we would drop one of them guys to nickel back. Same thing, if we can get Allen who is a top 3 end in the league then we bench the other bums!

Ooh, how about if we could get Peyton Manning too. Then we could go with a two QB system and have the best 2 QB's in the league. Yeah you would make a great GM. ;)

...sounds good to me. banish his sorry act to KC where there is no QB and is coached by offensive genius Herm Edwards.

Now, whoever dislikes the idea of trading for Allen because of Odom and Geathers, I'd like to direct your attention to a little thing I like to call "The Depth Chart"...if you look, you will see that the others DE's listed are the oft-injured, rarely activated and typically underperforming duo of Rucker and Fanaene....

...now, would you care to revise your position relative to trading for Allen?

....other DE's listed are the oft-injured, rarely activated and typically underperforming duo of Rucker and Fanaene....

also known as that dynamic duo - Frucker & Fa-nanny !!! :)

See that's what I've been thinking about for a while...Chad for Allen.

But I wonder if this could be done straight up?

Not gonna happen guys. Allen is their franchise player. The reason the Chiefs are trading Allen is because they can't agree to terms on a new contract. Allen is permited to talk to other teams, but the team (Bengals) that trade for Allen would have to give up TWO first-round draft picks. Bengals won't give up two first-rounders and we can't afford him.

Linky

Ooh, how about if we could get Peyton Manning too. Then we could go with a two QB system and have the best 2 QB's in the league. Yeah you would make a great GM. ;)

LMAO that isn't even close to the same thing. Peyton is older than Carson, plus Carson is one of the best qb's in the league so that is just an irrelevant point. Like the other guy said, our depth at de isnt very good so bringing him is a good idea

But I wonder if this could be done straight up?

I don't think it would. The Chiefs would want something else. Maybe the Bengals would part with a 2nd rounder as well or something if Allen was cleaner than a preacher's sheets. The DUIs make this improbable at best though, nevermind the giving away of picks and the cap hit factored in.

Tamba Hali would be the guy I'd do it for. *lives in fantasy world*

Ive been saying Urlacher for Chad since last year.

What's the status of his back injury/condition?

hes threatening retiring because of it only because he wants more money, And id still take a 30 year old Urlacher for a 30 year old baby straight up.

Not worth the risk.

Yea its not worth the risk for a 25 year old sack master. Does anyone remember that Allen is the one that made everyone in the league get down on Levi, he beat him so bad that they pulled Levi out of the game. Frankly, he got a DUI which is f**ked up but it isn't that serious. You guys are crazy to think he isn't worth it. Allen is high intensity and he would come in and unf**k our defense. We would draft Rivers or a DT in round one and get odell back and our defense would be back!

Yeah, that's all great til he gets a DUI. You ever think about that? He didnt' have one DUI, he had two, in a year. The next one gets him the Odell treatment I'm sure.

Ive been saying Urlacher for Chad since last year.

What's the status of his back injury/condition?

hes threatening retiring because of it only because he wants more money, And id still take a 30 year old Urlacher for a 30 year old baby straight up.

When you put it like that, then yeah, I have to agree. He'll play for a couple of years but he could be so much more valuable in terms of helping our young LB corps. It would also resolve the "who is going to be our defensive leader?" question.

Hey guys, I've heard on the radio here yesterday that the Chiefs want two 1st rounders for Jared Allen. They also said that the Bengals want two first rounders for Chad if they trade him, so I could see us sending Chad to the Chiefs for J. Allen. I'm not really an Allen fan, as I get the Chiefs on my T.V. every week, but I'd be pretty happy with this trade. What I'm not happy about hearing lately is that the Bengals are considering trading down and taking a WR in the 1st round. I would not be a happy camper if we took a WR before the 2-3rd rounds. The only WR's I'm interested in at all in this draft is Early Doucet and DeSean Jackson.

Hey guys, I've heard on the radio here yesterday that the Chiefs want two 1st rounders for Jared Allen. They also said that the Bengals want two first rounders for Chad if they trade him, so I could see us sending Chad to the Chiefs for J. Allen. I'm not really an Allen fan, as I get the Chiefs on my T.V. every week, but I'd be pretty happy with this trade. What I'm not happy about hearing lately is that the Bengals are considering trading down and taking a WR in the 1st round. I would not be a happy camper if we took a WR before the 2-3rd rounds. The only WR's I'm interested in at all in this draft is Early Doucet and DeSean Jackson.

Unless we get those 2 picks for Chad theres no way i can see them taking a WR before any player on the defensive side of the ball, even without Chad thats stupid and would have me re-evaluate my morals as to why i'm a Bengals fan.