Reinstate the player

combatbengal

Adam "Pacman" Jones will request that the commissioner reinstate him this coming Tuesday. There are tons of talk about a trade to Dallas too. My question is, what about Thurman? Why can't the Bengals be notified of his reinstatement before the draft? And what the heck is Pollack going to do? Do you think that the Bengals already know but are keeping it under wraps until after the draft?

Do you think that the Bengals already know but are keeping it under wraps until after the draft?

Personally I think they just might, and are playing their cards close to their chest. I fully expect Thurman to be reinstated. As far as Pollack, I feel he will return as well.

Just my gut feelings here, nothing more.

Do you think that the Bengals already know but are keeping it under wraps until after the draft?

Personally I think they just might, and are playing their cards close to their chest. I fully expect Thurman to be reinstated. As far as Pollack, I feel he will return as well.

Just my gut feelings here, nothing more.

They have to reenstate Thurman. If Thurman goes for another year Mike Vick can kiss his playing career over cuz he will be out until he is at least thirty two.

Adam "Pacman" Jones will request that the commissioner reinstate him this coming Tuesday. There are tons of talk about a trade to Dallas too. My question is, what about Thurman? Why can't the Bengals be notified of his reinstatement before the draft? And what the heck is Pollack going to do? Do you think that the Bengals already know but are keeping it under wraps until after the draft?
I can't make an an educated guess on Pacman, because he never has been found guilty of anything... He is just always around when trouble starts.. Personally I wouldn't think the NFL let's him back in... I also have a gut feeling that Pollack will be back and Thurman will be reinstated... Can ML trust Thurman?? Remember his comments on Henry, about he wondered how long it would be before he got in trouble... You don't think he has drudged these feelings up about ODell?? ;)

I hope you're right. It would be huge if we knew he was reinstated prior to the draft. Also, be huge if we knew if Pollack was coming back prior to the draft. Right now the Bengals are talking about drafting a WR at 9. Even if those guys come back, I still think we should draft def at 9. A better def will get us into the playoffs! On off, we still have Palmer, TJ, Rudi and a cast of players that can get the job done. Plus, Chad will be back becasue it's all about money and he isn't ready to give a year of paychecks away!

My thoughts on Pollack, was cleared to play by doctors a month ago or so. Physically able but the biggest battle is mentally. Coaching a football team last ten years, I see kids go down all the time, they will heal but tackling drills on the their return the "pop" is gone. They are scared to get re-injured. My guess he is gone.

Thurman, I do not see how you can compare Odells "crimes" to Pacman's??? Do not see it. I see Pacmans crimes alot more severe. Does anyone else agree?

I hope you're right. It would be huge if we knew he was reinstated prior to the draft. Also, be huge if we knew if Pollack was coming back prior to the draft. Right now the Bengals are talking about drafting a WR at 9. Even if those guys come back, I still think we should draft def at 9. A better def will get us into the playoffs! On off, we still have Palmer, TJ, Rudi and a cast of players that can get the job done. Plus, Chad will be back becasue it's all about money and he isn't ready to give a year of paychecks away!

Where have you read that we're thinking of taking a WR at #9? There's no WR worth a top 10 pick, so if that is the case hopefully we trade down to draft one. Personally, I'm hoping Mario Manningham slips to us in the 2nd round. His stock is dropping due sub-par 40 times at the combine and his pro-day (his pro-day times were a bit better). I think he's going to be a stud. Everytime I watched a Michigan game last year the dude was making plays. Plus we seem to love michigan players.

Yeah, we draft Michigan players, but none have worked out for us. Chris Perry's been hurt since we drafted him. I would love to see Manningham in stripe's too, but the only Michigan receiver who's had any NFL success in the last 20 years is Braylon Edwards.

James Hardy of IU is a beast. I am not sure whether any of you guys got the opportunity to ever catch IU against of any of the other big ten schools but he was pretty much unstopable. He had a TD a game for almost ever game of the year and was a real clutch receiver or option in the endzone. He is huge and can move and would be a perfect replacement for Henry.

He was actually a basketball recruit for Mike Davis that decided to play football instead.

Mark my word, he will be the real deal for whoever gets him. Hopefully its us. Otherwise I hope we do not get a WR early.

Jackson and Kelly have sounded like head cases from what I have read.

Yeah, we draft Michigan players, but none have worked out for us. Chris Perry's been hurt since we drafted him. I would love to see Manningham in stripe's too, but the only Michigan receiver who's had any NFL success in the last 20 years is Braylon Edwards.

Leon Hall?

He's pretty good.

The jury's still out on Hall. He's only played one year. Don't get me wrong, I hope he turns into a perennial Pro-Bowler, but basically my overall point was that Michigan doesn't typically turn out any good NFL receivers.