Mock Draft

CarsonDaMan

I'm participating in a group mock draft and these are the picks i've made up to this point.

With the number nine pick I went with Ryan Clady. I spent my time praying Sedrick Ellis dropped to me but it didn't happen. My choices came down to Clady, Harvey, and Keith Rivers. I felt Rivers was the worst player in this group so i X'd him out. I really like Harvey but Clady is the better player of the two. With Levi and Willie constantly banged up and Stacy Andrews long term status up in the air they need a tackle for the near future.

Needless to say i'm not particularly comfortable with the pick but it's the best option under the circumstances. If it's up to me I do whatever I can to trade up and get Ellis. If they can't get a fair deal to do it then I look to trade down. If that happens I'm hoping to get Harvey. I also think DeSean Jackson may be a darkhorse if they do drop down a few spots. They obviously need a receiver now and he'd be perfect out of the slot. And it's no secret the Bengals want an explosive return man and Jackson is without a doubt that.

On to round two. With the options available to me this pick was cut and dry. I went with E.J. Henderson out of Maryland. Prototypical size and can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 front. Very productive in college and adds some depth to the Linebacker position. I considered Mike Pollak but found Henderson to be the superior player. I also considered Martellus Bennett but with the Utect signing didn't see the need to grab him. All of the DLineman I was hoping to grab here were all taken.

I'll be back with the rest of my picks when I make them. This is a 7 round mock draft.

Well I wouldn't complain about taking a OT I think our line problem lies in the interior (Fine with whitwith as a LG but rather see him @ RT)

Bobbie Williams is a solid starter but needs someone rdy to go when need be...Guycheck doesn't seem to be the future at center with poor play and Marvin calling it out.If it was up to me I would have took Rivers then prayed for laws and went DT,OG,C & WR in rnds 2-4

He didn't have bad production for a Outside linebacker,He's a safe pick and with how some of our other draft choices have been turning out I wouldn't mind safe...I wouldn't even complain if we took Rivers over Dorsey.
I'd be pissed!!! :angry: Rivers over Dorsey, are you KNUTTS!!!

He didn't have bad production for a Outside linebacker,He's a safe pick and with how some of our other draft choices have been turning out I wouldn't mind safe...I wouldn't even complain if we took Rivers over Dorsey.
I'd be pissed!!! :angry: Rivers over Dorsey, are you KNUTTS!!!

Dorsey would be freaking awesome but at the same time I have doubt in his knees,Is he another C.Perry,David Pollack or other Injury plagued player.......Dorsey is by far more of a play Maker but before he's even drafted you can question if he'll play a full season in next 3 years...Dorsey has Boom or Bust written all over him where rivers looks to be player you know what your getting for next 10 years.Ellis is the DT I want it would be super to get Dorsey or rivers if hes gone.

I do not know how much weight to give injuries in college. Perry and Pollack both had injury free college careers. Perry had like the most starts in UM history if I am not mistaken. Draft someone who will be good fast, and maybe only have a short career as opposed to a building project.

I do not know how much weight to give injuries in college. Perry and Pollack both had injury free college careers. Perry had like the most starts in UM history if I am not mistaken. Draft someone who will be good fast, and maybe only have a short career as opposed to a building project.

The fact they brought in Doug Gabriel shows that WR has become an official #1 possibility. With needs at dline, oline, RB, WR, possibly LB if Odel is bounced out of the league, these Bengals are as needy as a Union Square pan handler.

Anything is possible in this year's draft.

I would have wanted Rivers over Clady for the needs for our LBing corp far outweight someone who probably would make NO impact in his first year and we would expect production with the #9 pick overall. Not to mention the interior of our O-line needs to be the pick before OT unless they play both positions...

Clady over Dorsey or Ellis is just insanity at it's finest !!!!

WHODEY !!!

I know Pollack and Perry didn't have any past injury problems but that's why selecting Dorsey is playing with fire...

He may never have another injury problem again but it's still asking for trouble taking a Defensive Tackle with bad knees.

I would have wanted Rivers over Clady for (our) needs

Clady over Dorsey or Ellis is just insanity at it's finest !!!!

WHODEY !!!

Agreed. You need to set up your draft board based on talent of the individual AND talent available later in the draft. This is the deepest draft in years in some areas the Bengal's should address - DT, WR, RB, and OL (especially OT).

Why get an A- player in Round 1 if you can get a B+ in Rounds 2 or 3.

Actually, after all the film I've been watching, I'd rather have an elite DE in round 1 and a DT in round 2 (Laws, Sims) or Round 3 (Rubin, Harrison). Add 2 BPA's in the 1st 4 picks in RB, WR, LB, or OL, and you've got a very solid draft started.

Dolphins- Chris Long(Hall of Fame Pedigree)

Rams- Jake Long (Steven jackson needs help)

Falcons- Matt Ryan (Could also be a DT because of their new coach)

Raiders- Darren McFadden (Could also be Gholston or a DT but I think they go with Balmer in round 2)

Chiefs- Clady or another OT (LJ needs help)

Jets- Gholston (They make this pick to have two rush LB on the outside and to piss off the pats)

Pats- Cromartie (The guy is going to be number one corner taken)

Ravens- Trade down to Saints for a DT

Bengals- Whichever DT is left. WE WILL NOT SELECT AN OT first round.

Raiders- Darren McFadden (Could also be Gholston or a DT but I think they go with Balmer in round 2)

Jets- Gholston (They make this pick to have two rush LB on the outside and to piss off the pats)

If you think Dorsey and Ellis will be both be available at number nine I want what you are smoking. It'd be a miracle if either one fell to the Bengals.

If you think Dorsey and Ellis will be both be available at number nine I want what you are smoking. It'd be a miracle if either one fell to the Bengals.

It's very plusable,Some teams just have other needs that they'd rather adress in top 10.

Phins=Should go Oline or QB but I could see them taking a DE with Jason Taylor only having so much time left.

Rams=Could take a DT but DE or OT would be a better choice IMO

Falcons=QB or RB

Raiders=I'd sayMcfadden is the choice after money they've put in too DT.

Chiefs=Oline they went from having a top 3 unit to a pile of crap.

Jets-Gholston will not make it past the jets....if he's not there I just don't see a DT going here in rnd 1.

Pats-CB,S they need to restock defensive backfield.

Ravens=Have far more pressing needs then DT,Hell I would kill to have Ravens current rotation.

With the 77th pick I selected Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M. Big space eater, very athletic for his size, and also a high character guy.

I considered Tyrell Johnson, Eddie Royal, Ray Rice, and Brad Cottam as well with this pick. I consider all these guys about even talent wise so i went with the need. I should be able to grab one of those four with my next third round pick.

It's very plusable,Some teams just have other needs that they'd rather adress in top 10.

While I thank you for defending my point, the Falcons will not take a RB with the 3rd pick. They just dropped lots of money on a young Michael Turner, that wouldnt make any sense. There are four teams ahead of us Dolphins, Falcons, Raiders, and Jets who could use a DT, but I believe they will go a different route!!!

Phins=Should go Oline or QB but I could see them taking a DE with Jason Taylor only having so much time left.

Falcons=QB or RB

Jets-Gholston will not make it past the jets....if he's not there I just don't see a DT going here in rnd 1.

Ravens=Have far more pressing needs then DT,Hell I would kill to have Ravens current rotation.

Falcons=QB or RB

I don't think the falcons are thinking RB after they just ponyed up for MTurner. This is how I see things shaking out:

1. Jake Long - Dolphins: Since Matt Ryan isn't a can't miss #1 QB prospect OT is the next best place to start building your team.

2. Chris Long - Rams: I think they wanted the other long, but Chris isn't a bad conciliation prize.

3. Glenn Dorsey - Falcons: I'm hoping the Falcons like Dorsey over Ellis. That's not to say that I like Ellis over Dorsey, but I think there's a better chance of Ellis slipping to us than Dorsey

4. Darren McFadden - Raiders: I wanted to give them Gholston, but I think Al Davis has totally lost it. I also think that McFadden is WAY overrated, so the two would be a match made in heaven.

5. Ryan Clady - Chiefs: I'm not as big on Clady as I am on Brandon Alberts, but Clady seems to be rated higher on most mocks.

6. Vernon Gholston - Jets: Mangini gets to steal this toy from his old Boss. The rest of the league thanks him for it.

7. Leodis McKelvin - Pats: CB just makes the most sense with Samuels gone.

8. Matt Ryan - Ravens: Jon Harbaugh gets something Brian Billick never got. The #1 rated QB fall in his lap.

9. Sedrick Ellis - Bengals: The planets have aligned. All is right with the world :cheers:

Rivers would be the guy I'd like to see us take if Ellis and Dorsey are both gone. Clady's okay, I just don't think he's worth a top ten pick.

Somebody give me the odds that both Dorsey and Ellis will be available at #9. Do to injury concerns, it is not a lock that Dorsey lands in the top 10 and many mocks have Ellis slipping to #9. Heck, there could be a run on QB's and OT's for all we know. I'm calling 25 to 1. In the unlikely event that both are available, who would you take? Believe me, I would be happy with either, but I believe Dorsey plugs the middle better when healthy.

With the 97th pick I selected safety Tom Zbikowski out of Notre Dame. I wouldn't expect him to push for a starting job but should be an excellent special teams player and very good backup. Very smart, tough, and hardworking player. The kind of guy the Bengals need on the roster. He could even be a darkhorse at returning punts.

So to sum up the first day:

1.) Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St

2.) Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland

3a.) Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M

3b.) Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame

I know the majority of you don't agree with Clady but I still feel he's the better player over Rivers. I also agree he won't make an impact right off but I don't think Rivers would either. Drafting is more about building your roster up for the long haul than quick fixes.

Be back shortly with my second day picks.

With the 97th pick I selected safety Tom Zbikowski out of Notre Dame. I wouldn't expect him to push for a starting job but should be an excellent special teams player and very good backup. Very smart, tough, and hardworking player. The kind of guy the Bengals need on the roster. He could even be a darkhorse at returning punts.

So to sum up the first day:

1.) Ryan Clady, OT, Boise St

2.) Erin Henderson, LB, Maryland

3a.) Red Bryant, DT, Texas A&M

3b.) Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame

I know the majority of you don't agree with Clady but I still feel he's the better player over Rivers. I also agree he won't make an impact right off but I don't think Rivers would either. Drafting is more about building your roster up for the long haul than quick fixes.

Be back shortly with my second day picks.

You lost me on the Zbikowski pick. Big reach, plus we have like 8 or 9 S's on the roster right now. Kilmer should return and has potential and is the special teams wildcard.

If we want to address the KR/PR then lets look at the WR's who also have the skill as we need to rebuild serious depth there. Our 3b pick needs to be more than a targeted special teamer.