Reds/Phillies discussion

skyline

I'd like to see us start a new thread to discuss each series as they happen.

Great idea Eric. I have a feeling this season holds promise for the Reds.

Let's hope so! It's a good start, regardless.

And I agree, Grizzly. The lack of offense had me a tad worried, but they looked good all around today.

I am absoutely speechles about this move.....I cant root for this kind of idiocy. Both sports teams have been bungalized. I support Dusty Baker and Francisco Cordero, but this move just baffles me. whyyyy??? Does Wayne want to lose his job?

They better REALLY hope this pans out.

I hate the move for now. If this kid ends up being an elite pitcher, then we'll all change our minds and call Wayne a genius, but for now I'm not happy.

We're trading known for unknown and that makes me very nervous. The ONLY current thing that would pacify me would be to learn that the Reds felt unsure Hamilton was going to be able to keep walking the straight and narrow. *sigh*

Just a couple of reaction to the Volquez trade.

Not to toot my own horn, I just to remind everyone I predicted Volquez's awesome-ness from the beginning. With him and Cueto, this has the making of one of the best rotations in the entire league (except Josh Fogg who is Eric Milton-esque.) I haven't been this excited about this organization in a LONG LONG LONG time. Not just about this season, but the future.

The Reds are going to be a fixture at the top for the foreseeable future.

If the Reds are hitting good, we easily could be 5-1 or 6-0 at this point... They'll bring the sticks out, I think we're just warming up for a 10 or 15 game tear!

Did I mention that I love Dusty and Patterson. Patterson is da man!!!

With our starting rotation throwing the way they have, the newly aquired Affeldt and Cordero along with others in the bullpen, and the boys bringing their bats; Its a recipe for success. My expectations are through the roof.

I am absoutely speechles about this move.....I cant root for this kind of idiocy. Both sports teams have been bungalized. I support Dusty Baker and Francisco Cordero, but this move just baffles me. whyyyy??? Does Wayne want to lose his job?

They better REALLY hope this pans out.

I hate the move for now. If this kid ends up being an elite pitcher, then we'll all change our minds and call Wayne a genius, but for now I'm not happy.

We're trading known for unknown and that makes me very nervous. The ONLY current thing that would pacify me would be to learn that the Reds felt unsure Hamilton was going to be able to keep walking the straight and narrow. *sigh*

Just a couple of reaction to the Volquez trade.

Not to toot my own horn, I just to remind everyone I predicted Volquez's awesome-ness from the beginning. With him and Cueto, this has the making of one of the best rotations in the entire league (except Josh Fogg who is Eric Milton-esque.) I haven't been this excited about this organization in a LONG LONG LONG time. Not just about this season, but the future.

The Reds are going to be a fixture at the top for the foreseeable future.

Yep, you called it, and I couldn't be happier to say you're right. I expect Volquez and Cueto to be roughed up a little when teams start seeing him for a 2nd or 3rd time, but man...what talent. I haven't been this excited about our pitching staff since 1990.