Opening Day

skyline

Well, 4-2. Certainly now what we would have liked, but it's 100x better than least season's opener :P

:blink:

We won last season's opener and it was 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

We may have lost yesterday, but I'm still very optimistic about the season. I think they have 83-84 win potential. They will struggle during the first couple months, then really turn it on as the young guys mature.

One thing, I like Corey Patterson's defense in center, but Baker cannot continue to bat him leadoff. I would have no problem batting him 7th, but not leadoff. Not when you have a career OBP under .300.

Well, 4-2. Certainly now what we would have liked, but it's 100x better than least season's opener :P

We may have lost yesterday, but I'm still very optimistic about the season. I think they have 83-84 win potential. They will struggle during the first couple months, then really turn it on as the young guys mature.

One thing, I like Corey Patterson's defense in center, but Baker cannot continue to bat him leadoff. I would have no problem batting him 7th, but not leadoff. Not when you have a career OBP under .300.

My bad. Is it two years ago that I'm thinking of when the Cubs came out on opening day and just slaughtered us? Or perhaps it was just one game of the opening series. I'm too old to remember :P

My bad. Is it two years ago that I'm thinking of when the Cubs came out on opening day and just slaughtered us? Or perhaps it was just one game of the opening series. I'm too old to remember :P

Yeah, that was the '06 opener. They beat us 16-7 and it was like 12 degrees. THAT was a terrible, terrible day.

Reds go into the 9th down 5-3 and Encarnacion hits a 3 run walkoff homer and the Reds win 6-5 !!!

HELL YEAH !!!

WHODEY !!!

The game was televised out here in Arizona, and I about s**t my pants! What a great reply to the opening day loss!

I love how Jeff Brantley said "Edwin is just not a clutch player

and then literally one second later, Edwin drilled it out.

Brantley is a moron. Edwin had a career batting average of over .360 with runners in scoring position. He's the most clutch player on the team and has been since he was called up.