Consider this

hammerinhamlin26

1st downs 119/105 advantage Seahawks.

Total Yards1920/1769 advantage Seahawks.

Rushing YD 776/443 Ouch..Seahawks

Passing YD 1144/1326 Kudos..Bengals

Touchdowns 17/12 Seahawks

Tackles 432/410 Seahawks

Defense.INTS 9/6 Seahawks

Sacks 12/12 even

FumbleRec 10/5..Seahawks

People have made alot the following stat:

Seahawks Opp. Record 15-24 Bengals 19-21

Now since these records include games against our teams Ive taken away wins and losses to get a better idea of the competition.

Seahawks Opp Record adjusted 15-18 Bengals 15-19......So to say youve had a tougher schedule is rediculous. The Steelers and Raiders only have one win apiece if it wasnt for the woefull Bengals. Sure, on paper you schedule looks tougher but thats why you? Say it together!Play the games!

Now your opponents have Outsacked you, outrushed you, out INTD you, outscored you, outpassed you, outplayed you.

You CANNOT say that for our opponents. :P

Now your opponents have Outsacked you, outrushed you, out INTD you, outscored you, outpassed you, outplayed you.

Sometimes they have, sometimes they haven't. And it's a fairly poor predictor of who leaves the field the happiest. We generated more than twice the first downs and almost double the yards of the Raiders. Still lost. We had more yards and first downs than the Bills. Still lost. We were outgained on both counts by the Browns. Still won.

The bottom line is something all Bengal fans know quite well: stats are for losers. We spent much of last year listening in disgust to ex-head coach Dick LeBeau reel off how we beat the competition in all these stats except the one labeled "score."

The Bengals have shown the ability to keep top backs like Jamal Lewis in check, and baffle solid QBs like Bledsoe and Gannon. And they're shown they can score against good defenses. They keep that up this week and they have at least an even chace of walking away with a win. For the record, I think they will. Bengals 24, Seahags 19.

In spite of the records and the stats, I like the way we match up against the Seahawks. I like our chances with our passing game against the hawks passing defense. We've shown we can generate enough of a run game to keep the defense honest. As soon as Dillon is in the game, that goes way up.

Like the pressure we get on opposing qb's and coverage on their receivers. Running defense ( ours ) brings up another meaningless stat. Jamal Lewis got his 100 yds, but it didn't count for much. He was also stacked up pretty good and dropped for losses several times. Nothing against Alexander ( hawks fans are VERY sensitive ), but the defnse should be able to do OK with him as well.

Tough game all around. I still think Bengals win 27 to 20. I hope that halp is right tho. After Hawaiian got him riled he said we win 34 to 10.