Anyone wish we still had Shaun Smith??

MARVIN=W'S

Am I the only one who wasn't real happy when we let Shaun Smith go RFA to the Clowns? Now all this DT chasing we are doing really makes me wonder why we let him go. He was starting to come on at the end and if I were to pick someone to eliminate from the DT rotation it wouldn't have been him. He played with some swagger and looked good in Cleveland last year. I'd much rather have him here than JT. WHO DEY.

Assuming that the rumors are true, Cincy wants to switch to a 3 4....and yes, Smith is a gem for said system. Now, if you'll excuse my lack of knowledge of your "less familiar" players, do the Bengals currently have the proper personnel in which to run a 3-4 ? When the Browns first switched over, it wasn't pretty...until towards the end of last year...they stepped it up a bit. And why does your staff suddenly want to switch from a 4-3?? If this was in the works last season, they never would have let Smith go. I just don't get how that decision to switch came to light...anyone wanna enlighten me??

Assuming that the rumors are true, Cincy wants to switch to a 3 4....and yes, Smith is a gem for said system. Now, if you'll excuse my lack of knowledge of your "less familiar" players, do the Bengals currently have the proper personnel in which to run a 3-4 ? When the Browns first switched over, it wasn't pretty...until towards the end of last year...they stepped it up a bit. And why does your staff suddenly want to switch from a 4-3?? If this was in the works last season, they never would have let Smith go. I just don't get how that decision to switch came to light...anyone wanna enlighten me??

They dont want to switch to a 3-4. Never did. It was just a bunch of talk among some less intelligent bengals fans on message boards, which was also fueled by uninformed media who don't understand football.

As for why the decision was made? Are you serious? Shaun Smith is a medicore player who couldn't crack our lineup who was not worth the ridiculous money you guys paid him. If he was, you guys wouldn't be making such an effort to overhaul your D-Line this off-season.

They dont want to switch to a 3-4. Never did. It was just a bunch of talk among some less intelligent bengals fans on message boards, which was also fueled by uninformed media who don't understand football.

This is yet another fine example of why we call this poor pathetic fellow JoeWrong

And why does your staff suddenly want to switch from a 4-3??

Because, thanks to you jackasses, we can't sign any D-linemen. So we figured we'll just stick with 3. =D

In seriousness, I think it's a bit of just keeping the options open and seeing which scheme is less bad with the crap we have on D. Right now we have a number of candidates for the tweener, with Geathers being a good option since he'd be bad playing inside. We don't have a good NT though.

As for why the decision was made? Are you serious? Shaun Smith is a medicore player who couldn't crack our lineup who was not worth the ridiculous money you guys paid him. If he was, you guys wouldn't be making such an effort to overhaul your D-Line this off-season.

Your the only one who calls him JoeWrong TJ, I think he's got ANOTHER good point here... Shaun WAS mediocre!!!

Your the only one who calls him JoeWrong TJ, I think he's got ANOTHER good point here... Shaun WAS mediocre!!!

I disagree with you both. Shaun was a pretty nice player who wasn't worth the money the Brown's gave him.

See the 3-4 or 4-3 are numbers to me, means nothing. What this Joe Fan wants to see is runners routinely running well below their averages. QB's with passer ratings well below their averages. Thats good for at least 10 wins. 10-6, 11-5 those are numbers I can understand.

As for Shaun Smith, he's just a average NFL linemen nothing special. Guys like him, at contract termination, the Bengals should pat them on the back, thank them for their effort and say "NEXT!"