The Bengal Curse

DDOGG

I truly believe that the football gods have put a curse on this team through the years ....heres a few examples ...

1.Curse ...What some considered to be the next John Unitas ..Greg Cook gets hurt and is done in 4 yrs as a pro ..

2.Curse ...The Bengals can't win the pivotal matchup against the Steelers in 1975 for the division title and finish second ...but on a positive note we still make the playoffs only to lose to Oakland by 3 ...

3.Curse ...Paul Brown in his 'infinite wisdom' decides Bill Johnson would be a better coach than a guy by the name of Bill Walsh ...

4.Curse ...The Bengals are leading the Steelers in a key 1976 matchup 3-0 for the division title late in the game when Boobie Clark fumbles the ball and the Steelers score winning 7-3.Steelers finish 1st again.

5.Curse...Bengals lose our first Super Bowl when we try pounding the ball in from 1 yd out ..in the second play standing alone in the back of the endzone was TE Don Bass waving his hands he was wide open...

6.Curse ...In our second SB apperance after sacking Joe Montana twice on the opening drive Tim Krumrie breaks his leg ....later a sure interception was dropped that in all likely hood would have sealed the victory ...

7.Curse ..Carson Palmer gets hurt in our only playoff apperance in years and we all know what happens there ....

Everything that happened to us in the past yrs of losing even through the Marvin Lewis area is unexplainable i can only say i do believe the football gods hate us ...

No mention of Ickey Woods, Ki-Jana Carter, Weathersby, or Pollack injuries. There are others but these stand out as either flukes or in Woods' case he would have been fine after rehabbing with the advancements in sports medicine that came just a few years to late.

I keep hoping that all the bad luck will eventually add up to a SB victory season in which they get all the good luck due them. I was starting to think that 2005 was that season when Palmer and Henry both went down on the same play in the first playoff game in what seemed like forever.

3.Curse ...Paul Brown in his 'infinite wisdom' decides Bill Johnson would be a better coach than a guy by the name of Bill Walsh ...

As Browns HC-

1946 AAFC Championship

1947 AAFC Championship

1948 AAFC Championship

1949 AAFC Championship

1950 NFL Championship

1954 NFL Championship

1955 NFL Championship

7 Confrence Championships

4 Division championships

1946: 13-2(First year expansion team)

1947: 13-1-1

1948: 15-0

1950: 11-2

1951: 11-1

1953: 11-1

As Bengals owner-

Three playoff appearences in the 1970's

Two playoff AND SuperBowl appearences 1980's

One playoff appearence, 1990

Created the "West Coast" Offense

Molded your wonderful Bill Walsh

Influenced Don Shula

Influenced Weeb Ewbank

So i'd say yeah Paul Brown knew wtf he was doing and had infinite wisdom. I guess one could argue not making Walsh Bengals HC was a bad move(despite us nearly beating his team twice, losing by under a touchdown both times) and maybe it was. Although if you're thinking Walsh would've had the same success in Cincy? Doubtful. He wouldn't have had a Joe Montana here to piggyback to the top off of.

Try researching better the next time you wanna take a dig at Paul Brown kid.

As Browns HC-

1946 AAFC Championship

1947 AAFC Championship

1948 AAFC Championship

1949 AAFC Championship

1950 NFL Championship

1954 NFL Championship

1955 NFL Championship

7 Confrence Championships

4 Division championships

1946: 13-2(First year expansion team)

1947: 13-1-1

1948: 15-0

1950: 11-2

1951: 11-1

1953: 11-1

As Bengals owner-

Three playoff appearences in the 1970's

Two playoff AND SuperBowl appearences 1980's

One playoff appearence, 1990

Created the "West Coast" Offense

Molded your wonderful Bill Walsh

Influenced Don Shula

Influenced Weed Ewbank

So i'd say yeah Paul Brown knew wtf he was doing and had infinite wisdom. I guess one could argue not making Walsh Bengals HC was a bad move(despite us nearly beating his team twice, losing by under a touchdown both times) and maybe it was. Although if you're thinking Walsh would've had the same success in Cincy? Doubtful. He wouldn't have had a Joe Montana here to piggyback to the top off of.

Try researching better the next time you wanna take a dig at Paul Brown kid.

That's Weeb Ewbank....though by saying Weed you probably got the attention of some on this board...