Open letter to Mike Brown

Dan2330

After a lackluster first day of FA where the Bengals once again looked like a laughing stock of the NFL by allowing a trade for Rogers to fall apart for who the hell knows why this team needs to rebound quickly and swiftly in the FA market or else I am considering the start of the end of being a fan.

I can only sit by and take so much. For years I have supported this team through the bad years and the worse years. Many of you know what it feels like by showing team support by wearing their merchandise to often times being laughed at and made the butt of jokes.

And late last night once again the Bengals organization lived up to their reputation again as I was at least happy that they got Rogers only to find my buddies laughing it up at the bar once ESPN announced the trade was off and that Rogers was now headed to the Browns. Nice job Bengals not only did you lose him but then he goes to the enemy.

What has this team ever done in FA? Someone please name me and value player we picked up. We got lucky on the Sapp thing since he never materialized in Oakland but just how many times are we going to go through this?

So here's the deal, make some moves and do something in FA or else I start by boycotting my yearly trip to Cincy to see a game. I know that may not seem like a big deal but I live in Missouri so for me it is a big deal to drive, get the tickets, by the merchandise, eat the ball park food, etc. Continue down the same path of mistakes and I will continue in my non-support of this team. I hate for it to come to this but if this team and organization can't act like they belong in the NFL then why should I support them......

After a lackluster first day of FA where the Bengals once again looked like a laughing stock of the NFL by allowing a trade for Rogers to fall apart for who the hell knows why this team needs to rebound quickly and swiftly in the FA market or else I am considering the start of the end of being a fan.

I can only sit by and take so much. For years I have supported this team through the bad years and the worse years. Many of you know what it feels like by showing team support by wearing their merchandise to often times being laughed at and made the butt of jokes.

And late last night once again the Bengals organization lived up to their reputation again as I was at least happy that they got Rogers only to find my buddies laughing it up at the bar once ESPN announced the trade was off and that Rogers was now headed to the Browns. Nice job Bengals not only did you lose him but then he goes to the enemy.

What has this team ever done in FA? Someone please name me and value player we picked up. We got lucky on the Sapp thing since he never materialized in Oakland but just how many times are we going to go through this?

So here's the deal, make some moves and do something in FA or else I start by boycotting my yearly trip to Cincy to see a game. I know that may not seem like a big deal but I live in Missouri so for me it is a big deal to drive, get the tickets, by the merchandise, eat the ball park food, etc. Continue down the same path of mistakes and I will continue in my non-support of this team. I hate for it to come to this but if this team and organization can't act like they belong in the NFL then why should I support them......

Well said!!!!! Mike Brown is in the NFL to make money, not put a winning team on the field. The sad fact of the matter is that as long as there is a waiting list for season tickets the Brown family is happy!!!

I hate for it to come to this but if this team and organization can't act like they belong in the NFL then why should I support them......

The NFL needs to get it's act together as well. It's becoming a f**king joke in of itself. Like some secret society and only those who know the secret handshake are allowed to play in Roger's playpen.

I hate for it to come to this but if this team and organization can't act like they belong in the NFL then why should I support them......

The NFL needs to get it's act together as well. It's becoming a f**king joke in of itself. Like some secret society and only those who know the secret handshake are allowed to play in Roger's playpen.

The NFL loves the Bengals!!! They make the NFL alot of money but dont keep other teams out of the playoffs!!!

I guess stupid people do find each other.

Is that why you're here?

Not to blame this on Mike Brown yet because the facts haven't been submitted. But you have to admit this reeks of the infamous "lets sleep on it" decision. I personally am not a Shaun Rogers fan and while he is a great player he's not the type of personality this team needs on it. That being said they deemed him worthy of going after and had the deal done and ready to be made. With the Lions having announced it I have to think this was a major screwup on the part of the Bengals FO. I'll be more than happy to say i'm wrong if proven otherwise but based on the track records here it's hard to argue against.

Maybe the Lions got a better offer from the Browns and pulled it. Maybe the Bengals twiddle their thumbs and lost out on a signifigant addition. At this point we don't know but I think we can all admit that things like this only happen to a select few organizations in professional sports. Embarassing is putting it lightly in this case.

Is that why you're here?

Not to blame this on Mike Brown yet because the facts haven't been submitted. But you have to admit this reeks of the infamous "lets sleep on it" decision. I personally am not a Shaun Rogers fan and while he is a great player he's not the type of personality this team needs on it. That being said they deemed him worthy of going after and had the deal done and ready to be made. With the Lions having announced it I have to think this was a major screwup on the part of the Bengals FO. I'll be more than happy to say i'm wrong if proven otherwise but based on the track records here it's hard to argue against.

Maybe the Lions got a better offer from the Browns and pulled it. Maybe the Bengals twiddle their thumbs and lost out on a signifigant addition. At this point we don't know but I think we can all admit that things like this only happen to a select few organizations in professional sports. Embarassing is putting it lightly in this case.

I wonder if it was the we'll give them a 3rd and a 5th unless we're bidding against ourselves' language that crushed the deal. Perhaps SOP suggested that maybe the Lions should strike a deal with Cleveland, but bring it back to the Bengals to see if they could match it. After all, that is how they handle their Free Agents. This may not be the fault of SOP, but I'm all for anything that embarrasses that man.

Is that why you're here?

Go get some information and you'll find out it was voided by the league. As far as the Lions and bengals we're concerned the deal was done(according to sourse, of course, I'm not stating this as fact)

So let's get past the Mike Brown is the devil speak <_<

A lot of people around the NFL seem to think Bengal fans are some of the worst if not the worst around the NFL. This thread seems to prove just that. I realize that all of your fans may not be this way, but reading this and other posts, it seems to be a majority on the latter. So from us Browns fans we would like to let you know we pity you, not as a team, but as a fan base. Cleveland fans would never even suggest something like this, because after all, real fans do not show up just for the good times, but also for the bad. I guess looking around this forum just makes me realize how great the fans of Cleveland are.

BTW, we'll be enjoying Roger's services.

A lot of people around the NFL seem to think Bengal fans are some of the worst if not the worst around the NFL. This thread seems to prove just that. I realize that all of your fans may not be this way, but reading this and other posts, it seems to be a majority on the latter. So from us Browns fans we would like to let you know we pity you, not as a team, but as a fan base. Cleveland fans would never even suggest something like this, because after all, real fans do not show up just for the good times, but also for the bad. I guess looking around this forum just makes me realize how great the fans of Cleveland are.

Yeah. Right. Like we're the fans throwing beer bottles at player on the field. You sir are a hypocrite.

I guess looking around this forum just makes me realize how great the fans of Cleveland are.

Back at McGuffey's in Dayton, the place used to be about half Bengals fans and half Brown's fans. Some of those Browns fans were the most obnoxious a**h***s I had ever met until running into a group of stealer losers down here in Texas.

The Browns fans loved to say that the Bengals didn't have any fans, they only had people jumping on the bandwagon when the Bengals were winning. Bullsh*t Browns fans, I have been through more 4 - 12 seasons then I can count.

The stealer a**h***s down here liked to brag about what die hard fans they were. Though we were outnumbered by about 40 to 3, I stood up in front of all of them and told them that the three most loyal football fans in this bar were the three guys sitting right here at this Bengals table. If the stealer fans had gone through what we had for two decades, 90% of them would not have been there.

Don't dislocate a shoulder patting yourself on the back. Your fans are no more loyal or better than our's and I'd bet that you have just as many Shula/Bengals1 idiots as we do.

I guess looking around this forum just makes me realize how great the fans of Cleveland are.

Back at McGuffey's in Dayton, the place used to be about half Bengals fans and half Brown's fans. Some of those Browns fans were the most obnoxious a**h***s I had ever met until running into a group of stealer losers down here in Texas.

The Browns fans loved to say that the Bengals didn't have any fans, they only had people jumping on the bandwagon when the Bengals were winning. Bullsh*t Browns fans, I have been through more 4 - 12 seasons then I can count.

The stealer a**h***s down here liked to brag about what die hard fans they were. Though we were outnumbered by about 40 to 3, I stood up in front of all of them and told them that the three most loyal football fans in this bar were the three guys sitting right here at this Bengals table. If the stealer fans had gone through what we had for two decades, 90% of them would not have been there.

Don't dislocate a shoulder patting yourself on the back. Your fans are no more loyal or better than our's and I'd bet that you have just as many Shula/Bengals1 idiots as we do.

Yes, maybe you, however that is not a majority. Our house is always packed no matter how the weather is or how the record is. Your house sat empty in those 4-12 days, ours did not and believe me I know all too well what its like sitting through those 4-12 days.

That is our house, do not walk into it if your not ready to hear s**t about wearing that hotdog loving Palmer jersey of yours. If I was in your house, I would expect nothing but the same, and if I didn't ge that "warm welcome" I think I would be a little disapointed.

To be fair we do have some idiots like Bengals1, but no even close to the amount or the magnitude you have here. I promise you, you wouldn't see this kind of s**t on a Browns board.

And I think we can all agree that s**tsburgh fans are some of the biggest a**h***s in the NFL, not the worst fans, just the biggest a**h***s.

:cheers:

Yeah. Right. Like we're the fans throwing beer bottles at player on the field. You sir are a hypocrite.

Hey, I take pride in that.

From this post, plus I gotta agree on that one, sorry.

Well said!!!!! Mike Brown is in the NFL to make money, not put a winning team on the field. The sad fact of the matter is that as long as there is a waiting list for season tickets the Brown family is happy!!!

You would think he would understand that if he puts a winning team on the field he would make way MORE MONEY. But I guess he get by huh. <_<

You would think he would understand that if he puts a winning team on the field he would make way MORE MONEY. But I guess he get by huh. <_<

As the old saying goes...."You gotta spend money to make money."

I can honestly say as a fan base goes I'd rather watch a game with Steeler's fans than Cleveland fans and have done both.

Steeler fans dish it out and can take it right back.

Cleveland fans talk a lot of s**t but when you say something back they get their feelings hurt. Hell if it was up to me we'd move the Browns to Columbus and give the whole damn city of Cleveland to Michigan. They could use another mediocre team and horribley designed city.