The Bright Side

bryce40

Good news comes from the Rogers deal falling apart. It shows a defense can be rebuilt in one day.

See Browns, Cleveland.

Step 1. Trade a 2nd round pick to another team for a young stud DL while the commish is high on pot so the language and salary cap don't affect it.

Step 2. Let another team trade first for a stud DL, then make sure the commish is off his pot and ask about language and salary cap implications of this trade.

Step 3. Get commish to veto trade.

Step 4. Then trade a decent player and next year's 3rd rounder to team trading the DL after making sure commish is back to smoking pot so salary cap and language won't matter. After all it won't be a high 3rd rounder next year, your defense was just improved.

Step 5. Draft or sign some more D. players.

Step 6. Thank the commish by giving him some more pot for screwing team mentioned earlier, but allowing you to do whatever you want. :D

Robertson is the best bet I should think. Stroud - old and injured - we've gone down this route before. It ain't perfect but I'd rather not go into another season with Thornton as anything more than rotation at best. This all means that Ellis/Dorsey are likely to be gone. So unless we settle for another DT at #9, I think we go best LB/DE/tweener instead.

Odom would still be a nice DE pickup, should his majesty Goodell be generous enough as to allow us lowly plebs associated with the Bengals to savour anything but constant misery.

Whatever with the Goodell conspiracy stuff. This is the Bengals' dickering over his $1mm signing bonus due today and how it was allocated to salary caps and it seems the Bengals tried some funny business, from what I can tell.

It's just another example of how cheap they are, to the point it affects their ability to sign players and improve their team. Now their disillusioned fans have a reason to make excuses for another year, saying the Bengals "tried" and well, we're the poor, poor Bengals and that's just the way it is.

To sit here and whine about how Goodell is "picking on" the Bengals and doing things outside of league rules to punish them is nonsense.

Why can't some people just fess up and put the blame where it belongs? The Brown family. I don't see why that is so hard for some people here to swallow, it's been going on for years and years. They screw up everything.

Whatever with the Goodell conspiracy stuff. This is the Bengals' dickering over his $1mm signing bonus due today and how it was allocated to salary caps and it seems the Bengals tried some funny business, from what I can tell.

It's just another example of how cheap they are, to the point it affects their ability to sign players and improve their team. Now their disillusioned fans have a reason to make excuses for another year, saying the Bengals "tried" and well, we're the poor, poor Bengals and that's just the way it is.

To sit here and whine about how Goodell is "picking on" the Bengals and doing things outside of league rules to punish them is nonsense.

Why can't some people just fess up and put the blame where it belongs? The Brown family. I don't see why that is so hard for some people here to swallow, it's been going on for years and years. They screw up everything.

Aren't you the one with the world weary act about how we should be expecting a Superbowl run and that we weren't that far away from having a team capable of doing so? If so then how are we so close in your opinion and where did the players you listed as being good (not that I agreed with all of them) come from? They find their way to the Bengals by osmosis?

I digress - and I'm sure this is in the other thread, but the Bengals' simply "didn't know" about the issue of the roster bonus affecting last year's cap, and supposably taking them over the cap limit or some such. Nice.

Pidge - Yes I think when you have an offensive core and a top 5 QB, and some young defensive talent to build around, with some smart/creative moves, they can beat anyone.

But, they screwed it up, not that I care that much - it's the incompetence that ticks me off. The Bengals' FO is just hopeless, totally freakin hopeless.

Ok sorry to threadjack. Dwayne Robertson? You can do better in the draft. But, he is better than Thorton or Robinson I suppose.

You're an idiot. The NFL was able to reject the trade proposal precisely because the Bengals had spent too much money in the previous cap year. And because there was no way around that fact the Bengals were prevented from improving their offer in any way.

Bottom Line: The very thing that makes your negativity possible is your complete and total ignorance.