Browns interested in Smith

cincyhokie

It was said that the organization wouldn't get into a biding war or overpay for the pass-rusher, but is prepared to look into the situation.

Over the past 7 years, how many of you guys have been seeing Justin Smith as a pass rusher?

I've seen a good "motor" that never gets to the QB. I don't know...go to the Browns board. They're hailing him as the next great Savage steal that "hurts the Bengals and helps the Browns"! Idiots.

He's a decent player. He's about to get paid alot of money. He's no difference maker. The only way he's making any kind of difference is on a team with a good DL in place, like the Jags. Most definately not the Browns. Their DL is about as bad as ours is.

It was said that the organization wouldn't get into a biding war or overpay for the pass-rusher, but is prepared to look into the situation.

Over the past 7 years, how many of you guys have been seeing Justin Smith as a pass rusher?

I've seen a good "motor" that never gets to the QB. I don't know...go to the Browns board. They're hailing him as the next great Savage steal that "hurts the Bengals and helps the Browns"! Idiots.

He's a decent player. He's about to get paid alot of money. He's no difference maker. The only way he's making any kind of difference is on a team with a good DL in place, like the Jags. Most definately not the Browns. Their DL is about as bad as ours is.

From what I've seen, I've never even seen him as a decent player. He's got a good motor, I guess, but he constantly, I mean constantly gets washed down inside against the run. He's not strong enough to hold up against the run and not quick enough or skilled enough to make an impact as a pass rusher. The dude would seriously benefit from actually watching some tape and not trying to bullrush every offensive tackle that he goes up against. I appreciate his hustle, but Jesus, I just don't see how anyone can see him as a big money guy/

JoePong said Justin will make the Pro Bowl... I don't think he'll make the bowl but I think Justin will shine once he's out of Cincinnati. Even if it is playing with the Browns, Justin will do good. The Browns will address the D Line and LB position through the draft and FA. They may even be in a better situation that we are defensively.

He sucks in space, all he trys to do is overpower a 6-7 340lb tackle every play...If they want him they can have him...You DON'T have to worry about him being the next MVrabel or TSuggs...We messed up with EStienbach but not this...

He sucks in space, all he trys to do is overpower a 6-7 340lb tackle every play...If they want him they can have him...You DON'T have to worry about him being the next MVrabel or TSuggs...We messed up with EStienbach but not this...

Yeah keeping Justin because we let Steinbach go would be compunding the problem, IMO. Two wrongs don't make a right.

How is he in space though? I've never seen him in the open. He overpursues the QB for crying out loud, what about a RB in space? Could work, could fail.

I remember one from last year, it was like a signature Justin play. Offense ran a trap or some misdirection run. Justin sprints out of his gap toward the initial direction of the runner, who reverses field and runs right through Justin's gap. Of course, Justin uses his motor to admirably chase the RB down from behind...after a 10 yard gain that wouldn't have happened had he just stayed in his gap.

I think he has some talent, but he needs a coach who is willing to electroshock him every time he runs out of his gap.

good riddins! he didint deserve the money he got last year form us and he doesnt deserve the money hes going to be getting, this guy reminds me of a DE i played with in highschool, all this guy did was bullrush and tryed to chase down RB's they actually have the exact same style of play. And that style doesn't and shouldnt be getting paid as much as a williams, freeney or peppers