Duel 150's

kenyon1977

Man was that some good racing or what yesterday???

I am curious though about how they say that the cars stay grouped together during the racing and that was always the major complaint and reason for the "Big One" because of the restrictor plate keeping the old cars bunched up.

It was hated for so many years but now every seems to like it. How long will that last? After the first big crash on Sunday I'm curious if Fox will still have the annoucers saying how great the new car is and that they all so equal and that keeping the cars grouped together is still a good thing.

Take the restrictor plates off!!!!

I am curious though about how they say that the cars stay grouped together during the racing and that was always the major complaint and reason for the "Big One" because of the restrictor plate keeping the old cars bunched up.

It was hated for so many years but now every seems to like it. How long will that last? After the first big crash on Sunday I'm curious if Fox will still have the annoucers saying how great the new car is and that they all so equal and that keeping the cars grouped together is still a good thing.

I was at work and couldn't watch. BTW, what are you doin' in that picture. Hooking you up some free cable TV? :rolleyes:

They are showing all the races live over here for the first time this year. I could get into it. Funny to see Villeneuve crashing, as usual.

Completely baffling at the moment but I'll stick with it for a few races at least.

What is up with Boogy dee boogy dee boo though? :confused:

They are showing all the races live over here for the first time this year. I could get into it. Funny to see Villeneuve crashing, as usual.

Completely baffling at the moment but I'll stick with it for a few races at least.

Wow! An Englishman watching Nascar!?! That evens us up because I watch Formula One.

As far as "Boogity-Boogity-Boogity" goes, Thats just a phrase Darrell Waltrip (a former Champion of our American series as was British F1 champs Jackie Stewart, James Hunt, and Damon Hill were for you.) uses to emphasize to put the pedal to the metal when the green flag drops.

Wow! An Englishman watching Nascar!?! That evens us up because I watch Formula One.

As far as "Boogity-Boogity-Boogity" goes, Thats just a phrase Darrell Waltrip (a former Champion of our American series as was British F1 champs Jackie Stewart, James Hunt, and Damon Hill were for you.) uses to emphasize to put the pedal to the metal when the green flag drops.

Ah OK. No deeper meaning then. He's enthusiastic, I'll give him that. :D I think there was a driver in the last race called Waltrip, any relation?

F1 has been boring me rigid for about the last decade. It was nice to see some actual overtaking a couple of nights ago. I might watch the highlights this season to see if Hamilton has another run at the championship but that's it. It was good to see some real hatred between two drivers again, especially , at the time, team mates.

Ah OK. No deeper meaning then. He's enthusiastic, I'll give him that. :D I think there was a driver in the last race called Waltrip, any relation?

Whoa! :blink: Pidge was paying attention! Yes. Michael Waltrip is the younger brother of Darrell Waltrip. Michael and Darrell are also a past Daytona 500 winners.

Here's the whole "Boogity" thing in a nutshell:

F1 has been boring me rigid for about the last decade. It was nice to see some actual overtaking a couple of nights ago. I might watch the highlights this season to see if Hamilton has another run at the championship but that's it. It was good to see some real hatred between two drivers again, especially , at the time, team mates.

My view exactly mate. F1 has been totally dominated by the mega-money teams, which make racing BORING! As a fan I want to see drivers/teams playing on an even pitch if you will. Formula One needs to even the pitch for all teams to return to it's former glory IMHO.

Whoa! :blink: Pidge was paying attention! Yes. Michael Waltrip is the younger brother of Darrell Waltrip. Michael and Darrell are also a past Daytona 500 winners.

Kewl. There's a lot of family tradition in NASCAR I'm beginning to realize. It's a nice tie in to past generations. Looking forward to tomorrow. The biggie.

My view exactly mate. F1 has been totally dominated by the mega-money teams, which make racing BORING! As a fan I want to see drivers/teams playing on an even pitch if you will. Formula One needs to even the pitch for all teams to return to it's former glory IMHO.

I was spoiled when I first started watching F1. Prost v. Senna v. Mansel but the last good rivalry, IMO, was Shumacher v. Hill. Since then it been nothing more than a glorified research institute for the big European and Japanese car companies to test out gadgets for next year's street models. ZZzzz.

The days of a small team like Brabham and Lotus winning races is long gone. Crying shame.

I was spoiled when I first started watching F1. Prost v. Senna v. Mansel but the last good rivalry, IMO, was Shumacher v. Hill. Since then it been nothing more than a glorified research institute for the big European and Japanese car companies to test out gadgets for next year's street models. ZZzzz.

The days of a small team like Brabham and Lotus winning races is long gone. Crying shame.

That too was when I became an F1 fan. Now they are feeling the marketing heat of Nascar. American open wheel series such as Champ and Indy Car have already surrendered, and their top drivers are defecting to the fendered cars in droves! (Are you feelin' me Blueridge?) Their stuffy, white collared, country club leadership has proven TOTALLY inadequate to the good ol' boys from the south.

That too was when I became an F1 fan. Now they are feeling the marketing heat of Nascar. American open wheel series such as Champ and Indy Car have already surrendered, and their top drivers are defecting to the fendered cars in droves! (Are you feelin' me Blueridge?) Their stuffy, white collared, country club leadership has proven TOTALLY inadequate to the good ol' boys from the south.

I remember watching Indy Car for a couple of years a while back. Watched Montoya and his various antics then saw him come and have his talent totally squandered by F1. It's more like a beauty pageant than a racing series. I actually really enjoy watching the junior Formula championships now. Young, hungry drivers looking to move up the ladder. Actual racing.

RE: Montoya and Villeneuve etc - it'll certainly help me, and I'm sure a few others over here, get into NASCAR. Nice to have a point of reference, even though neither driver will likely have much success.

RE: Montoya and Villeneuve etc - it'll certainly help me, and I'm sure a few others over here, get into NASCAR. Nice to have a point of reference, even though neither driver will likely have much success.

Actually Pidge, Juan Pablo Montoya has won a Nascar race, albeit a road course. IMHO, out of all the open wheel drivers coming over, he will have more success than the others. At least in the near term. In the long term who knows how far these open wheel driver defections will go? My guess is it's not over by a long shot.

Why? Top talent drivers demand the spotlight. It strokes their tremendous egos. The open wheel drivers are not getting stroked nearly enough in the little sister Indy and Champ car series as they stand now.

Actually Pidge, Juan Pablo Montoya has won a Nascar race, albeit a road course. IMHO, out of all the open wheel drivers coming over, he will have more success than the others. At least in the near term. In the long term who knows how far these open wheel driver defections will go? My guess is it's not over by a long shot.

Why? Top talent drivers demand the spotlight. It strokes their tremendous egos. The open wheel drivers are not getting stroked nearly enough in the little sister Indy and Champ car series as they stand now.

I see. They mentioned he was ROTY last year on Thursday's show. Didn't know he'd won a race. It'll be interesting to see how the open wheeled drivers progress this season. Carpentier et al is probably just the start as you say:. Coverage over here has all but stopped of Indy and Champ Car which is telling. Far similar to F1 for us Europeans and yet NASCAR is now the flagship US racing series being shown. I can only imagine how domestic coverage is also tailing off.

Thanks for helping this newbie out. I'm sure I will ask you many obvious questions throughout the season. My apologies in advance. :blush:

I see. They mentioned he was ROTY last year on Thursday's show. Didn't know he'd won a race. It'll be interesting to see how the open wheeled drivers progress this season. Carpentier et al is probably just the start as you say:. Coverage over here has all but stopped of Indy and Champ Car which is telling. Far similar to F1 for us Europeans and yet NASCAR is now the flagship US racing series being shown. I can only imagine how domestic coverage is also tailing off.

Thanks for helping this newbie out. I'm sure I will ask you many obvious questions throughout the season. My apologies in advance. :blush:

Whoa it up cowboy. No advance apologies needed. Always glad to talk motorsports with a real fan. :sure:

I was at work and couldn't watch. BTW, what are you doin' in that picture. Hooking you up some free cable TV? :rolleyes:

500 is today boys!!!

That's me splicing a couple 50 pair cables at Main St and I-75.