Dillon a no-show for 1st minicamp

B24

It shouldn't be a big deal, but I think I read that Dillon was the only starter not to attend the voluntary workouts.

It was his choice whether to attend, but I think for a fresh start and a new attitude for the Bengals, he should have made an appearance.

thats what everybody is saying, dillion is the only no show but that was an unofficial count in fact many of the new sighnies were'nt there also, corey has kept in touch with marvin lewis and allready had plans with his family, look for corey dillion to be at the next practise even if its just to vent some anger for all these stupid rumors......... :angry:

I really think that Corey made an err in judgement on this one. As the best player on the team Corey needs to set an example and show that everyone is on the same page, but he did not do that. Everyone on this team needs to do their share to ensure that they take care of business and Dillon is not helping the situation by not showing up. Coach Lewis said one the main things he wanted to teach this team is how to conduct themselves like professionals. I dont know how many of you guys could tell your new boss that on his first major meeting of importance you don't want to show up because you don't want to. Dillon needs to mature as a player and realize what is best for the team.

you cant give 24/7 to a team there are other things that are important like family.....and getting rested up for the up-coming season

Dillon's had three months off to visit his family. That's more time off than most of us get from our jobs and we don't get paid millions.

Being the only signed player not to show up was bad.

Dillon is a great player, but he will never be a leader of this team.

Did anyone catch the article on CBS Sportsline about the Bengals and their needs. Well, whoever wrote the article suggested they trade Dillon because he is disgruntled. What an idoit, trade Dillon, sure why not fire Marvin Lewis and sell the team to Marge Schott. That would definitely help the Bengals turn things around. Trade Dillon, yeah sure.

Granted Dillon has been an unhappy camper but that can be solved by winning. If we have a respectable season I guarantee Dillon would not be so quick to do the things he does.

It seems as if Dillon actions do come with a price. Reports out of Bengaldom have Coach Lewis asking Brat to open up the offense more and NOT make Corey the focus of the offense. Do you think that would have happened if Dillon would have had his ass in mini-camp where he should have been. The whole spend time with my family excuse is lame as hell. I'm sure his family would understand that Daddy is a football player and he has to do certain things as a football player, like going to mini-camp. Corey needs to be a leader not a bad-ass.

I read somewhere today that Marvin Lewis said that the Bengals may draft a running back with the second pick if he's the best available player. Not sure if that was said because of Dillon missing the mini-camp.

I bet Dillon shows up to the next two mini-camps. ;)