1st Round: Sedrick Ellis DT USC

2nd Round: Philip Merling DE Clemson

3rd Round: Carl Nicks OT Nebraska

3rd Round: Jerod Mayo LB Tennessee

4th Round: David Terrel CB USC

5th Round: Angelo Craig DE/OLB Cincinnati

6th Round: Kirk Barton OT OSU

7th Round: DJ Wolfe CB/S Oklahoma

Intersting choices, especially in the 2nd round. I've been playing with mocks starting with the premise that Ellis is off the board at #9...thereby forcing me to consider other positions like DE, OLB, FS, and OT. Obviously, if the first pick isn't a DE the interest in finding one in the 2nd round increases dramatically, and Merling perfectly fits the profile of the plus-sized DE that I prefer. Chris Ellis is another popular option, and I'd be happy enough with him, but I like Merling better. Regardless, I think a team looking for a real good DE prospect is going to find the cupboard almost bare if they don't jump on one in the first two rounds, with Wallace Gilberry in the 3rd round looking like the last good option.

I'd be quite content with that, but I figure you have to get some O-line help late on the 1st day or early on the 2nd day.

Agreed, but I noticed you double dipped at the OT position. I think Levi will come back strong next season and the Bengals decision to pat Big Willies roster bonus has to be seen as a sign that they're banking on his return as well. As a result I'd be at least as interested in adding help inside at OG or maybe at OC if the Bengals are as unhappy with Ghiacuic as many Bengal fans seem to be. So maybe Roy Schuening or Brandon Albert in the 3rd?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have a firm opinion on Miami OLB Tavares Gooden? That guy managed to fly completely under my radar but always seem to project right where the Bengals will be picking in the 3rd round.

I'd be quite content with that, but I figure you have to get some O-line help late on the 1st day or early on the 2nd day.

Agreed, but I noticed you double dipped at the OT position. I think Levi will come back strong next season and the Bengals decision to pat Big Willies roster bonus has to be seen as a sign that they're banking on his return as well. As a result I'd be at least as interested in adding help inside at OG or maybe at OC if the Bengals are as unhappy with Ghiacuic as many Bengal fans seem to be. So maybe Roy Schuening or Brandon Albert in the 3rd?

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone have a firm opinion on Miami OLB Tavares Gooden? That guy managed to fly completely under my radar but always seem to project right where the Bengals will be picking in the 3rd round.

The double OT move was under the assumption that Stacey walks, and also the fact that it always annoyed me that the bengals roster never has a true guard on it other than Bobby Williams. The Nebraska kids seems like a Stacey-like player who is gifted athletically but relatively inexperienced. I assume Barton will get moved to guard since he seems like a technically sound kid with limited athletic ability.

Gooden was a guy I considered putting on there, seems like a complete athletic package who has underachieved for his ability.