A Sad Realization

DuffMan

I was just thinking, it is almost a certainty that Dorsey and Chris Long will go before our pick, that leaves potentially S. Ellis and Gholston not gobbled up. Now, New England sits one pick before us. Does anyone think they wouldn't grab a specimen like Gholston to play OLB in their 3-4? Sure A. Thomas plays one side, but Mike Vrable currently owns the other and he has to be in his mid 30s. Plus Roosevelt Colvin is oft inured, I've never heard that Ellis can play 3-4 DE or NT, and what other holes does NE have? I know this is quite premature but asssuming all these top 5 draft projections are semi-accurate I highly doubt we have a shot at Gholston. I'd be happy with Ellis though...

Actually the Ravens sit one pick before us NE is at #7. I think if they wanted to switch to a 3-4 the Bengals should look at Calais Campbell at DE. They also could take Ellis and move him to DE in a 3-4. I still think they will stay in a 4-3 for atleast another season. I know the Patriots have a need at mlb. Their Dline is pretty stacked and they might look at WR if they end up losing Moss to FA. The Patriots are in pretty good shape for the future. Their team is relatively young group with exception to mlb.

Actually the Ravens sit one pick before us NE is at #7. I think if they wanted to switch to a 3-4 the Bengals should look at Calais Campbell at DE. They also could take Ellis and move him to DE in a 3-4. I still think they will stay in a 4-3 for atleast another season. I know the Patriots have a need at mlb. Their Dline is pretty stacked and they might look at WR if they end up losing Moss to FA. The Patriots are in pretty good shape for the future. Their team is relatively young group with exception to mlb.

There is no MLB worthy of a top 10 pick, with James Laurenitis going back to OSU. Look for New England to trade down (Dallas?) or pick up a top DB (Phillips / Reggie Smith) or OLB (Connors / Rivers).

There is no MLB worthy of a top 10 pick, with James Laurenitis going back to OSU. Look for New England to trade down (Dallas?) or pick up a top DB (Phillips / Reggie Smith) or OLB (Connors / Rivers).

Exactly my thinking. If they can trade down, which the will probably do somehow, they'll go CB, imo. If not, they can take the Cane safety actually worthy of a 1st round pick this year in Philips and let Merriweather stay on ST. They'll pick a LB somewhere but not sure they'd do it in the first, no LB stands out that much. Rivers maybe but only if they trade down.

I'd love Ellis but Campbell has such a lot of potential. Still, potential is not something this D needs to help in a turnaround of fortune straight away next year. Really hope Ellis is still there. The Jets have so many needs, I can't really tell who the heck they'd pick.

I was just thinking, it is almost a certainty that Dorsey and Chris Long will go before our pick, that leaves potentially S. Ellis and Gholston not gobbled up. Now, New England sits one pick before us. Does anyone think they wouldn't grab a specimen like Gholston to play OLB in their 3-4?

SI's Don Banks has the Patriots (who pick TWO before us) going for a CB in Mike Jenkins, which may be happen with the possibility of losing Asante Samuels. After that he predicts Baltimore going QB with Louisville's Brian Brohm, and then Cincinnati grabbing Ellis at #9.

Of course who the hell knows. Here's the link.