Palmer: Should be changes on coaching staff

Bengals1

What if Chad said the same exact thing??? To play devil's advocate (being I stand behind Carson 100%) what gives Carson a free pass on these comments? Why is it not seen as "causing a rift" with the coaches, or being a prima donna?

First, Chad has said the same type of things. Only recently he complained that from the start of this past season his new position coach emphasized the things he doesn't do well, unlike Hue Jackson's habit of constantly blowing sunshine up Ocho's skinny patoot.

Next, Chad's problems should be easily correctable, but he repeatedly refuses to accept responsibility and insists that he'll change nothing. Worse, he jokes about his shortcomings and year after year they remain problems. Meanwhile, Palmer has no problem with accepting blame, even when it's undeserved, and his playing problems, demonstrated almost weekly by high throw after high throw, seem to be rooted in throwing technique and footwork....problems he didn't have until recently.

I agree completely....Just seeing if there was even a small amount of doubt about CP's leadership and Chad's "blow-hardedness".

:rolleyes:

Someone mentioned in another thread that if it comes down to Marvin vs. Chad - Lewis may be the odd man out " 'cause Chad sells jerseys."

While there is some truth in that statement if it comes down to Palmer/Lewis vs. Chad I'm going to bet Ocho Cinco is the one wearing another uniform next season. ;)

Agree - chad sells jerseys because of our 14-2 season a couple of years ago. Bengals go 2-14 for 5 years in a row with chad being chad and he is no longer an elite WR he is a clown and a toolbox.

You build a winning franchise around an elite QB - not an elite WR. Frankly, I don't think CP, CJ, of ML are going anywhere this year but if they were going to go - they would go in this order:

1st - chad

2nd - marvin

3rd - carson

Someone mentioned in another thread that if it comes down to Marvin vs. Chad - Lewis may be the odd man out " 'cause Chad sells jerseys."

While there is some truth in that statement if it comes down to Palmer/Lewis vs. Chad I'm going to bet Ocho Cinco is the one wearing another uniform next season. ;)

Agree - chad sells jerseys because of our 14-2 season a couple of years ago. Bengals go 2-14 for 5 years in a row with chad being chad and he is no longer an elite WR he is a clown and a toolbox.

You build a winning franchise around an elite QB - not an elite WR. Frankly, I don't think CP, CJ, of ML are going anywhere this year but if they were going to go - they would go in this order:

1st - chad

2nd - marvin

3rd - carson

I missed the 14-2 season. What year did that happen?

Of the 3 you mention, Marvin should go and the others stay.

I missed the 14-2 season. What year did that happen?

It must have been long, long ago, in a land far, far away. :lol: The best Cincinnati regular season record was back in '88 when they went 12-4, and then on to the Superbowl.

14-2? You guys don't remember that season? I must have dreamed it...

I winced as soon as I posted that and I knew I was toast as soon as someone caught it.

That's what happens when you post fast - speed kills!

Well you can always use the "Edit" button you know... :rolleyes: