Suddenly a Bubble is Necessary

Jet23

INDOORS: One of the details in the new contract signed by football coach Brian Kelly at the University of Cincinnati is tied to the construction of an indoor practice facility. He would have to pay $1 million instead of $2 million to buy out his contract if the bubble is not built within two years.

And so now the Bengals - the northern-most NFL team without an indoor facility - might finally get to practice indoors in December.

The Bengals and UC are talking about a deal that would allow the Bengals to co-invest in the project and use it, as well.

"They contacted us several months about the project they're involved with, which includes the practice bubble and fields up there (on campus)," Bob Bedinghaus, Bengals director of development/Paul Brown Stadium, said Wednesday. "We've talked with them as recently as Monday . . . and we'll continue to talk to them about how we might form a partnership.

"As far as we can be supportive and fill a void we have, that's a good mix."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/712200335/

Translation: Now that someone is willing to pony up half, we really need a bubble.

Here's hoping that Slick Bob negotiates a terrible deal for SOP and takes a job with the Bearcats. ABSOLUTE JOKE!

Here's hoping that Slick Bob negotiates a terrible deal for SOP and takes a job with the Bearcats.

Whatever the terms of the agreement, assuming one can be reached, the only given is the locals will immediately start second guessing everything the moment the lease has been signed.

What the hell do the locals care? For ONCE, the County will not be picking up the tab. How did Bob miss that one back in the day? You know, back when he was supposedly representing the Slack jawed, mouth breathing, tractor pull watching Hamilton County futgards. I'm sure the omission will be duly reflected in his Christmas bonus.

I agree.

If an indoor practice facility was really that important....you cheap bastardos should have built Mike Brown a dome.

:sure:

He didn't want it. The fine tax paying citizens of Cincinnati would've built the old bastard anything he wanted. So glad the new stadium and facilities has made his team "competitive again," since this was apparently the reason he couldn't compete in the 90's. So now you get 8-8 and 5-11 instead 2-14, woo hoo!

Maybe I'm old school, but it seems to me that practicing inside to play outside just makes you soft, and could create bad habits like expecting good footing and a dry ball. If you practice outside, sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's not, so you get used to everything.

If it makes you soft why were the bengals most northern team without a bubble? if it made you soft don't you think they'd be doing better then those other "soft teams" with bubbles? Bengals are soft as is :P I really don't see it getting worse.

Maybe I'm old school, but it seems to me that practicing inside to play outside just makes you soft, and could create bad habits like expecting good footing and a dry ball. If you practice outside, sometimes it's nice, sometimes it's not, so you get used to everything.

If it makes you soft why were the bengals most northern team without a bubble? if it made you soft don't you think they'd be doing better then those other "soft teams" with bubbles? Bengals are soft as is :P I really don't see it getting worse.

The Bengals are soft because of ALL of the administration and that includes Marvin... He should have went off on Chad when he did the camera thing - but, no, he whimped out in my opinion...