Watson wins "ground player"

Bengals1

Bengals tailback Kenny Watson is the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week for games of Oct. 21-22, an honor which brings a $5,000 donation from FedEx to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.

Watson won the award in fan voting on nfl.com, outpolling running backs Brandon Jacobs of the New York Giants and Larry Johnson of the Kansas City Chiefs. Each week, for both its Ground and Air awards, FedEx makes a $5,000 donation to the major children’s hospital in the city of the winning player’s team.

Watson rushed for 130 yards on 31 carries and scored three touchdowns in the Bengals’ 38-31 win over the New York Jets. He added 27 yards on three pass receptions.

"It's not about awards," Watson said. "It's about playing and doing the job."

UPDATED:

Wide receivers Chad Johnson (ankle) and Antonio Chatman (hamstring) were on the field and practicing this morning. Tailback Rudi Johnson did not have his jersey or helmet on but participated in light warm-up drills.

Linebacker Ahmad Brooks, out for the fifth consecutive game with a groin injury, caught head coach Marvin Lewis' ire for not getting on the field on time for the start of the 11 a.m. practice.

"It's not about awards," Watson said. "It's about playing and doing the job."

This quote almost has a "Hollywood" feel to it. Did someone at your studio write this? B)

Have you seen the movies we've come out with lately!?! We don't have anybody that clever! Well, maybe on the DreamWorks side....

Have you seen the movies we've come out with lately!?! We don't have anybody that clever! Well, maybe on the DreamWorks side....

Nah bro. I far prefer waiting for them to come out on DVD so I can watch them at my leisure. Besides, if I pick a crappy movie, I'm only out $4! ;)