When do we find out officially who comes back @ KC?

walzav29

I think this has been the craziest 1st 4 games in Bengal history. 2 Monday nighters, a million injuries, and a national debate on their maturity. We have not seen this team in it's entirety yet. It could be too late in the season if these guys don't get back by week 6. I'll say this. I would rather go 1-3 in the beginning compared to 1-3 in the last 4.

Jeanty says he expects to play at KC. Marvin added that he expects Landon, Caleb and Brooks back "quickly." But since he doesn't have to issue an injury report, he's not gonna.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PT02/710040327/

C. Perry was also working out with on the sidelines yesterday and is apparently on course to return to practice Oct. 17.

Bonus laff from article:

After Lewis' postgame tirade, players said Tuesday's 4 p.m. meeting was productive. It lasted about 21/2 hours.

(Leon) Hall said defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan spliced together all the team's good defensive plays.

Must have been a very short film...

Does anyone have any hope that Chris Perry will stay productive?

This is probably a topic for a separate thread but while I've critisized the Perry pick mightly over the years he was not known to be injury prone at Michigan.

Bad breaks happen, and God knows the kitties have had more than their fair share, but beyond the debate over whether we should have taken Perry is the fact that for some reason he's been unable to remain vertical for more than a few games at a time.

Now, whether he turned out to be more brittle than advertised or whether our "crack' medical staff has somehow contributed to his problems is interesting to me.

What say you all.....?

I don't know about any contributions, good or ill, by the med staff, but he took a wicked hit when he got hurt and my biggest concern is that he lost some of his speed and/or agility.

As for "any hope he will stay productive," well, it isn't as if there's anything to lose at this point. If he isn't productive, the Bengals are no worse off than they are now -- and if he is, we gain a much-needed weapon in the running game.

Well I never got an answer that I'm aware in the debate we had over whether I was correct in remembering that our "crack" medical staff had misdiagnosed his leg injury and cost him valuable rehab time. That was the kind of thing I was referring to there.

Also, If I'm not mistaken, isn't he in the final year of his contract?

This is probably a topic for a separate thread but while I've critisized the Perry pick mightly over the years he was not known to be injury prone at Michigan.

Bad breaks happen, and God knows the kitties have had more than their fair share, but beyond the debate over whether we should have taken Perry is the fact that for some reason he's been unable to remain vertical for more than a few games at a time.

Now, whether he turned out to be more brittle than advertised or whether our "crack' medical staff has somehow contributed to his problems is interesting to me.

What say you all.....?

I would say it's combination of bad luck and poor medical staff. During his college career Perry was extremely durable and one could argue that he was worn down, I think set a record for rushing attempts. Once he got the abdominal tear and medicial staff failed to correct the first time.

In short, I hope Perry can come back do what he does best.

What say you all.....?

During his college career Perry was extremely durable and one could argue that he was worn down.

Sounds alot like another former 1st round selection....Kagina. CP is made of glass. He was never touched at michgan.

What say you all.....?

During his college career Perry was extremely durable and one could argue that he was worn down.

Sounds alot like another former 1st round selection....Kagina. CP is made of glass. He was never touched at michgan.

He only carried the ball 811 times while at UofM, yeah he was never touched. In 2004 he set a school record for attempts with 338. Like I said he came out of college with alot of mileage and he was never injuried while he was there, so the injuries caught up with him.