Bengals 2-3 vs seahawks 5-1

jbengals1

well i am going to start this off by saying great game bengals "WAY TO GO" and i am now going to start thinking abought the upcomming game agenst the seahawks "like marvin lewis will do"

so i will start the predictions out and say its going to be a close game again this comming week but if the boys in ORANGE & BLACK play like they did today 10/19/03 then i think they can and will win it

jbengals1 says BENGALS 31 - seahawks 24 :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit that I was a bit worried about this game a few weeks ago. But after seeing the Seahawks squek past the Bears, I am not nearly as worried. I also think Kitna will be pumped up for this game, and the whole team will be fired up after winning this week. The Bengals are still looking for some respect and beating the top team in the NFC west will go a long way for that. In fact I can see the Bengals going on a bit of a run in the next few weeks setting up a dandy with KC...But anyway...

Bengals 30 Seahawks 17.

Cheers

Remember that this is Shawn Alexander's home coming also, so he'll be pretty juiced up. Plus a QB way better than Boller should prove a major challenge. This week will be a great test on how the Bengals defense can perform against a balanced attack instead of putting 8 in the box or sending 6-7 into coverage for an advantage.

But seeing how the Bengals played last week, I think that a win is definately a possibility, it will be a great game nontheless.

I can't believe that the Seahawks are only favored by 2 points in this game. Looks like the odds makers are seeing that Marvin's plan is slowly coming together and the Bengals are a team on the rise.

In years past we'd be a 10 point underdog against a 5-1 team, regardless of who it was.

My optimistic prediction:

Bengals 27

Seahawks 20

I know everyone here will predict their team to win, just like any other fan. That's just optimism. But I, being a fan of another team, think you guys have a very good chance to win this week. I loved all the moves your team made this off season, especially with Thompson (good for us) and the move to get Marvin Lewis. I think your team will get better and better every week, just like they have so far, and the Bengals WILL beat the Seahawks this week. They look sloppy.

if the defense comes to play like it did against the hated Ravens, I mean, marvin lewis will have to get the team pumped like he did against his old team, these are the Seahawks, a vanilla football team with nothing really to point at to get all steamed about... other than, the seahawks being favorites... if the bengals can keep winning, the bengals will eventually come into a game as the favorites.. now wouldn't that be nice... prediction. bengals will win, if they win the turnover battle, 16-10, but if they give the ball away more than the seahawks, the bengals will lose, 23-6.

I think one thing to consider is that the Bengals will want to win this one for Kitna. The Bengals showed what they can do when motivated, and Kitna has the total respect of this team, and is their leader and I can't see them wanting to see him loose to his old team that pretty much shafted him. Just so long as Kit doesn't try to force it this is a very winnable game.

What is going to happen to Kitna when the season is over? Will he be released, traded, be a backup behind Palmer, or even be the starter again? Personally, I think he is too good to be a back-up QB, because I think a lot of teams would be interested in him if Palmer takes over.

What is going to happen to Kitna when the season is over?

Ah, now that's the question. Kitna has stated that he wants to stay here, even if it's as a backup, but he couldn't be happy as a backup if he continues to play the way he does. With one year left on his contract he could be traded, however that probably won't happen, as trades just don't happen in the NFL anymore. He's too classy to rock the boat like a certain former Bengals QB...cough, Jeff Blake...Cough. If Kitna does lead the Bengals to the playoffs, you'd have to expect for him to go into training camp as the started and see if Palmer can unseat him. But then you are paying your backup QB a whole lot of money to hold the clipboard. They could try a trade but only if they resign Shane Matthews, because you have to have quality QBs all the way to the 3rd string. Unless Kitna self destructs at some point this season, next year will be very interesting.

If Kitna does lead the Bengals to the playoffs, you'd have to expect for him to go into training camp as the started and see if Palmer can unseat him.

At this point, that's still a pretty big IF. Most people agree that 8 n 8 would be good enough to win the division. I don't know. I do know that 8 and 8 is going to be hard for the Bengals unless they can pick up the runnning game. At this point I still think 7 and 9 is doable and realistic. For a first year turnaround it's also pretty respectable.

Kitna as a back up: I'd take him at his word. I think he would re-sign knowing he'd be the back up. I also think it would be good for Palmer. Everbody including Kitna says that Palmer is the most talented qb on the team. On the other hand Marvin Lewis repeatedly says that Kitna understands football. I think as a back up he would still try to help Palmer and provide a good insurance policy if needed. It definitely wouldn't be like Flutie who put a knife in Johnsons lower back every time he turned around.

Hopefully Bengals 27 Seahawks 20

I think as a back up he would still try to help Palmer and provide a good insurance policy if needed.

Totally agree. Kit is a class act. However he would generate a lot of interest on the FA market if he could lead the Bengals to the Playoffs...And I don't think it's fair to Kitna to hold the clipboard when he has the skills to play QB in the NFL. How the Bengals handle Kitna-Palmer situation will be a huge indication of where the Franchise is at and going next year.

I'll also say that there is no need to rush Palmer out onto the field just cause he was the top pick.

You Bengal Fans are pathetic! You win one game, and you think that your "striped felines" are on their way!

Look, Seattle may have won close games, but you fail to see that they actually were in the process of blowing out their opponents in the first quarter. Yeah, they they've made it interesting in the second half, but you cannot disregard what they have done thus far.

Jon Kitna, I loved the guy, but he's NOT gonna do squat against this defense, nor will your defense stop your home town boy, Alexander!

Seattle will win this game, and you all know it! You hang on to what ever hope you have for the rest of this season, and are blinded by the fact that you will be facing a superior team this Sunday!

Good luck guys......Hawks 28 Bengals 10

Aloha means Good Bye!!!!!

Oh yeah, let me tell you. The seahawks really kick ass. They are ranked 16th in the league in offense with all starters available, while the Bengals are 24th without Corey Dillon. In passing offense, Bengals are ranked 11th and Seattle is ranked 24th. If you want to say your team is "superior", be able to back it up with something besides your record. You've won against teams like New Orleans, Arizona, St. Louis (when they sucked), San Francisco (still suck), and were barely able to come out of the Chicago game with a win. And you have the nerve to say that your team is superior??? I think you Seahawks fans are pathetic! You win a few games and all of a sudden you think you're the best team in the NFL. Let me remind you of a few teams from last year, like Miami, San Diego, Kansas City, and Carolina. They all started off fast, but they didn't make the playoffs. Then look at teams like Tennessee and N.Y. Jets. Both of these two teams were at one point 2-4 and went on to make the playoffs. It's not how fast you start, but how you finish. I can't wait to see the Bengals beat your so called "superior" team.

Oh yeah, let me tell you. The seahawks really kick ass. They are ranked 16th in the league in offense with all starters available, while the Bengals are 24th without Corey Dillon. In passing offense, Bengals are ranked 11th and Seattle is ranked 24th. If you want to say your team is "superior", be able to back it up with something besides your record. You've won against teams like New Orleans, Arizona, St. Louis (when they sucked), San Francisco (still suck), and were barely able to come out of the Chicago game with a win. And you have the nerve to say that your team is superior??? I think you Seahawks fans are pathetic! You win a few games and all of a sudden you think you're the best team in the NFL. Let me remind you of a few teams from last year, like Miami, San Diego, Kansas City, and Carolina. They all started off fast, but they didn't make the playoffs. Then look at teams like Tennessee and N.Y. Jets. Both of these two teams were at one point 2-4 and went on to make the playoffs. It's not how fast you start, but how you finish. I can't wait to see the Bengals beat your so called "superior" team.

I posted along those lines in another post of his. You put it a lot better than I did though. :)

WAY TO GO CALICO87 & B24..................I WAS GOING TO SAY SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT BUT B24 PROBLEY WOULD HAVE KICKED ME OUT OF THIS SITE 4 DOING IT :D ........................SO I COMMEND THE BOTH OF YA FOR DOING IT FOR ME

HAWAIIAN-----thanks for helping me with this weeks prediction......i believe you are in the ball park with your score of 28-10.... on the big screen at paul brown stadium, just before the game begins....our BENGAL will be slashing a CLAW through your seahawk.....feathers will be flying everywhere.....the crowd will ROAR from within ....and in the end...after all the bits and pieces have been loaded for the return to seattle......you will have a nice record of 5-2.....just as with balt; we may give up a few points near the end to make you think you had a chance....but reality SAYS: BENGALS 34 (not 28) hawks 10.... i luv u man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):rolleyes::lol:

You Bengal Fans are pathetic! You win one game, and you think that your "striped felines" are on their way!

Look, Seattle may have won close games, but you fail to see that they actually were in the process of blowing out their opponents in the first quarter.

Jon Kitna, I loved the guy, but he's NOT gonna do squat against this defense, nor will your defense stop your home town boy, Alexander!

Seattle will win this game, and you all know it!

Aloha means Good Bye!!!!!

Would have been here sooner, but wanted to check team websites etc. first.

First of all you definitely need to get some anger management. I realize the crappy weather is mostly to blame for people like you .... but REALLY. If nothing else get some of those Dr Scholls and start "gellin".

To business: Seattle may have won close games after having big leads in the 1st qtr. I'm paraphrasing here, but that is generally the the point you were making. Actually that was San Fran and St. Louis both by 1 point. Admitting that you can't hold on to a lead is nothing to pound your chest about ....... and 1 point is way past close. That is more like by the skin of your butt.

Your team did pound on Arizona. To celebrate in fashion did you go out and kick puppies ???? Green Bay, there's a powerhouse. Beat you by 22 points didn't they ??? Were you beating them in the 1st quarter too? And lastly, Chicago. Again you managed to squeak out a win against what is now recognized as most likely the worst team in the league.

The Bengals passing game is ranked ahead of several teams including Green Bays ( you lost to them ). Kitnas qb rating is 85.4. Better than Hasslebecks. Jamal Lewis got over 100 yards most of which were on 2 runs. He does that to everybody, and it wasn't that much of a factor in the game. After him, I think the Bengals can deal with Alexander. Your record is 5 and 1. No arguing that . Take away just a couple of bad plays that were admittedly our fault, and out record is the same and against unargueably "superior" competition. Everybody and I mean Everybody also knew we didn't stand a chance against the Ravens.

You haven't convinced me you have a superior team. IF we don't make plays on Sunday, the Seahawks could even win the game. Even in that case, you will have one thing in common with fans from Oakland. Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. You'll have won the game, but you will also KNOW that you definitely do not have a superior team.

Sorry this post was so long, but that was quite a mess of bird crap that needed to be cleaned up.

I'm standing pat on my prediction. 27 to 20 . We win .... they lose.

Aloha also means hello.

They are ranked 16th in the league in offense with all starters available, while the Bengals are 24th without Corey Dillon. In passing offense, Bengals are ranked 11th and Seattle is ranked 24th. If you want to say your team is "superior", be able to back it up with something besides your record.

It's not how fast you start, but how you finish. .

In remarks to your earlier post i would like to add a few STATS also.

You Failed to mention that Hawks are 7th overall in D while the Bengals are 12th. Both respectable.

In your Offense observations, you also failed to mention the Bengals are 31st in the league in running. So of course your passing is going to be higher when all you can do is pass. Gaining only an avg. of 73.8 per game running will make you throw alot. While the Hawks have a more balanced offense so the passing numbers are not as high.

To say back it up with something besides your record DONT give the few stats that are better then the Hawks and not even be able to back them up yourself.

Then to the Quote about its not how fast you start, but how you finish. Yes some teams do come from 2-4 and make the playoffs while others start at 5-2 or so and dont, doesn't mean it happens all the time. Good starts are cruical because you are not playing catch-up all year. You can play hard yet still have a lead. And if you want to talk about finishes. In the Hawks last 6 games last year we were 4-2 and averaging about 480 yards a game. Thats a little strong i would think.

Im not saying this will be a push over game and the Hawks are looking at the Steelers right now, the Bengals are playing some tough ball and have prove it but dont be so arrogent in saying you 5-1 record shows no proof of being a superior team you are mistaken. I do think this will be a close game but like in the games previously the Hawks do and will come back, so dont think if you have a lead its safe.

SEAHAWKS 24-BENGALS 16

GOOD LUCK!!