One game out of first

B24

Well with the win and the loss by the Browns, the Bengals are 1 game out of first.

I've gotta be a Bengals fan being excited about a 2-4 record. :D

Haven't seen the game yet going to watch the tape of it now. With the score updates I got, it sounds like they are still having a little trouble putting teams away. A win is a win though and things are on the upswing.

This was a great win. Kitna has really responded well the last few games. You could also see that having Schobel back in the game helped by giving him a third target so I actully expect Kitna to have even better games for the rest of the season. It's no real surprise the Dillon didn't get back on track, the Ravens do have a good defense, but he did make some runs when they counted. This game shows exactly why Palmer is holding the clipboard and not starting, losing the ball as much as Boller did can't help his mindset, and he has to play this team again :P ....But I'll keep my mouth shut on my opinion of the Baltimore QB situation and their "offensive guru" head coach....

cheers

Kev

I've watched a lot of the game now and have some notes.

Note to Kitna. Never throw another pass to J. Johnson. I saw at least two passes so far that were thrown exactly where they needed to be and Johnson drops them.

S. Graham was a great pickup for the Bengals. His FGs go right down the middle. Even some of Rackers made FG's looked like they were going to miss. Graham does need to work on getting a little more distance on his kickoffs though. Can Richardson kickoff?

J. Smith has been looking better and better all season. I was ready to write him off after last season.

Kitna has did great the last few weeks not throwing the interception or making the BIG mistake. Hope he keeps it up and we don't see C. Palmer this year. Except for maybe cleanup duty. :D

The Bengals' tight-ends have been contributing more this season than in the past. The TD catch by Schobel was awesome.

There was a lot of luck on the 82 yard TD catch by C. Johnson, but luck isn't something the Bengals have had very much in the past decade. It was great to see the ball bounce the Bengals way on a few plays today.

Also it was great to see the Bengals actually take advantage and score off of the turnovers today.

What was up with K. Washington stopping on his route on a pass in the first half? It looked like if he'd kept going he could've caught the ball and possibly scored.

ok.... so rj dropped 2 in his hands...it was upsetting at the time considering how open he was....schobel is a big difference, here for what 3 yrs.....something to be said for continuity....k-wash is still young and learning and he may have lost his footing a bit on that pattern, not sure, didn't see a replay but it looked as though he may have slipped.....dillon..............well, the only time i saw him go all out was on a pass pattern from r to l when it was apparent he was the primary receiver....still think he wants out....anyway...let's enjoy this one, because it is the foundation of winning....something i think we're all going to enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

I think ( hope ) that this win will do more to reinforce the Bengals confidence than anything the coaches could say or do. Beating the Browns on the road was good, but this was the kind of game that the old Bengals would have blown badly.

The Ravens are a well coached team with pro bowl level players, and Bengals are going to see on the game film that they kicked their butts. This is the fruit of the labor that coach Lewis was referring to.

They played well, got the fan support, and came away with a win. Now I'm waiting to see what effect it will have on them next week against the Seahawks.

Now I'm waiting to see what effect it will have on them next week against the Seahawks.

Yep, that's the thing, they have shown they can win against a quality team, now they have to show they can win two in a row, and that will go a long way to helping them establish that these ain't the Bungles....

Winning against a 5-1 team will do a lot in building up the confidence of this team. I feel the Bengals are only going to get better week in and week out with Marvin at the helm. I've gotta say hiring Marvin may very well be the best move Mike Brown has ever made.

Marvin is a great motivator and is very good at judging talent. Just replacing the Rackers and Harris has helped this team a lot.

Yeah, we gotta win those home games too, very important to have a presence in the jungle....

This team clearly wants to win for the coach .... the fans ... and of course for themselves. On several of the defensive stands, the players were looking at the stands and waving their arms. The whole stadium responded and you could see the team feeding on the crowd noise with the way they stepped up their play.

They got a standing ovation when they went in for the half, and came out in the 3rd qarter and picked up right where they left off. If there is such a thing as a downward spiral, then I think the reverse is true as well. The team executes well, it excites the fans, the team sees the level of excitement and it gets them pumped up. It can't be overstated how imprtant it is to this team to have the vocal support and approval of the fans.