Why is it...

Big Hugg

Why is it that anytime anything goes remotely "wrong" in anyone's eyes, it's suddenly back to the old days, Mike Brown's running things, and things are going to hell in a handbasket?

We're so desperate to break the "Bungles" tag from everyone else and yet some people seem to still think we're in that era. People are panicing because, in their opinion, we had a bad draft day, when most are declaring it a solid day of work from Marvin and crew.

Marvin Lewis didn't become an idiot overnight, I know we're coming off a long streak of bad luck, but let's have a little more trust in our franchise. Mike Brown didn't wake up this morning and decide he was going to power Brown aside and take things over. This has clearly been Lewis' team since day 1 and it still is.

For all the complaining we do about being typecast and disrespected, we sure do it to ourselves enough.

Do I have a couple second-guesses about some of our moves today? Sure, there's always questions, but I trust this regime, Marvin Lewis knows what he's doing, this isn't the old Bengals, nothing they did is that hard to defend.

People need to calm down, history is history, we're not "reverting to our old ways."

Well, Broomy, we're certainly not getting ripped either are we?

I haven't seen us on one loser list. I haven't seen any "what the hell are they doing?"

Well, except from Bengals fans with inferiority complexes. We had a solid day. The sky isn't falling, we didn't fumble the draft, we're having a solid draft, it's not spectacular, we're not picking first in every round anymore.

Well huggy you may not be...but all my fan friends of many other teams are asking me incredulously via e-mail of what the hell Mike and Marvin are smokin'! They know our needs and weaknesses, as I do. I cannot provide a sane answer to give them. Sorry. We ARE getting ripped. You just ain't gonna feel it until the season starts.

yep, we didnt have a breakthrough draft like last year...wanna know why? cuz picking first and picking 26th is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. And even in the later rounds...look at the players that were steals, steinbach at first in 2nd round and 2 injury players that still havent stepped into a starting role. The only other starter is Jeremi Johnson AND WHO THE HELL GUESSED WE WOULD DRAFT HIM LAST YEAR????? NO ONE!!!!

This years draft is damn solid, billy and chris need to get their heads out of each others asses and see the light. :P

Well huggy you may not be...but all my fan friends of many other teams are asking me incredulously via e-mail of what the hell Mike and Marvin are smokin'! They know our needs and weaknesses, as I do. I cannot provide a sane answer to give them. Sorry. We ARE getting ripped. You just ain't gonna feel it until the season starts.

We're getting ripped by your friends and by you. SO WHAT!?

We're not getting ripped by one "expert" by one guy actually paid to break this stuff down. John Clayton praised us. The NFL Draft crew on ESPN praised us.

I don't care about the opinions of your friends.

I'm getting e-mails that say "WE GOT KELLEN WINSLOW! WHOOOOO!"

So, I guess the Browns owned today?

Until we address the defensive line...hopefully tomorrow...I'm not gonna let up. If it doesn't happen tomorrow, I'm gonna go BALLISTIC!! :wacko:

And by the way huggy, these aren't just friends, they are knowlegeable compadres from many other teams websites that I frequent. I'm not a Homer. I get around...give it a try, you might like it. <_<

yep, we didnt have a breakthrough draft like last year...wanna know why? cuz picking first and picking 26th is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. And even in the later rounds...look at the players that were steals, steinbach at first in 2nd round and 2 injury players that still havent stepped into a starting role. The only other starter is Jeremi Johnson AND WHO THE HELL GUESSED WE WOULD DRAFT HIM LAST YEAR????? NO ONE!!!!

This years draft is damn solid, billy and chris need to get their heads out of each others asses and see the light. :P

Exactly my point JDitty, we didn't have a specatacular draft !. We had the opportunity to do so..

* Guys bust for all types of reasons.. poor scouting, poor coaching, injury etc..

But these guys get scrutinized for a reason. guys like Dockett and Poole, yes they have off the field baggage, but physically their elite guys you can build around. No one thought Levi was gonna get into a fight with Police..? did they..? Dockett dedicated himself.. He gained the weight coaches told him he needed to.. he was the most dominating lineman at the senior bowl. He's good value, because of his skills, and personality... WE need a defense built more on nasti-ness.. We don't have an Identity.. Sure these guys can help, but dammit we deserve some guys that walk tall and beat you with a stick too.. :lol: