Which is the bigger scandal

The PatternMaster

Both the NBA and NFL are getting media coverage in the offseason for all the wrong reasons. We all know about the scandals by now, what league do think will have a tougher time trying to save face.

I would say the NBA, because what the ref did directly comprised the integrity of the game and has the potential to ruin the league if he can name other refs and players who were involved, like he says he can. Stern has been doing his best spin job to date, but even he doesn't know if Donaghy is the only ref involved, he can only hope.

Vick is just one idiot, one monkey don't stop the show.

Both the NBA and NFL are getting media coverage in the offseason for all the wrong reasons. We all know about the scandals by now, what league do think will have a tougher time trying to save face.

I would say the NBA, because what the ref did directly comprised the integrity of the game and has the potential to ruin the league if he can name other refs and players who were involved, like he says he can. Stern has been doing his best spin job to date, but even he doesn't know if Donaghy is the only ref involved, he can only hope.

Vick is just one idiot, one monkey don't stop the show.

I have to agree with you. The NBA's current issue with this referee and gambling far overshadows Vick's animal abuse, which really only involves himself. To date, I do not believe anyone else currently associated with the NFL has been named in this crime.

I agree. I think the NBA situation is far worse because you have someone who could potentially affect the outcome of a game. If I'm a fan of the NBA, why would I be willing to fork over $50-$100 to see something that is as legitimate as pro wrestling? Stern said this is an isolated incident and there is only one ref involved, but if it turns out to be more than that, this is something that could bring down the entire league.

I agree. I think the NBA situation is far worse because you have someone who could potentially affect the outcome of a game. If I'm a fan of the NBA, why would I be willing to fork over $50-$100 to see something that is as legitimate as pro wrestling? Stern said this is an isolated incident and there is only one ref involved, but if it turns out to be more than that, this is something that could bring down the entire league.

Stern is doing his best to spin the situation in way that he wants it to turn out, but that doesn't mean what he is saying is true. I seriously doubt this guy was the only one involved out of all of the refs and players in the NBA, plus if he was the only one involved he would've turned himself in by now, imo. Right now he and his lawyer are probably negoiating with the Feds regarding what kind of deal he could get depending on who he snitches on.

I have read published reports that say that Donaghy can name other players and refs, which is probably true. Either way Stern has a huge mess on his hands, I think this is the biggest sports story of the century if you look at how this guy affected the outcome of regular season and playoff games. Donaghy directly affected the integrity of the entire league by manipulating the outcome of games, Stern has a huge problem on his hands.