Pasq on our Safety situation

Tasher

I can't see that at all.

Maybe the meant to say Dexter Jackson.

Thats what I was thinking but in april or march cant rememeber but Fatty said that coachs thought Madieu was overated so i dont think that he is getting them confused.

Madieu Williams is the Brian Simmons of the secondary. Lots of athletic ability, but he will always frustrate by never becoming much of a playmaker. You need your safeties to be impact players. Madieu Williams is just a guy. I have a feeling he'll be one of those players who we're always waiting on to take the next step, but it will never happen.

Madieu Williams is the Brian Simmons of the secondary. Lots of athletic ability, but he will always frustrate by never becoming much of a playmaker. You need your safeties to be impact players. Madieu Williams is just a guy. I have a feeling he'll be one of those players who we're always waiting on to take the next step, but it will never happen.

Madieu is more of a play maker then dexter.

Madieu is more of a play maker then dexter.

Thats not saying Much <_<

Hate to tell you this, but Dexter Jackson made more plays in one game last year than Madieu has made in his entire career.

Madieu Made arguably are two biggest plays this past season THe INT in Pittsburg and the Int in Neworlearns both in the Endzone when both teams could have taken the lead and take control of the games and dont Forget about the Big hit he had on Steve Smith in the Redzone that took smith out of the Game for one play that ruined their offensive rythym.

Hate to tell you this, but Dexter Jackson made more plays in one game last year than Madieu has made in his entire career.

Madieu Made arguably are two biggest plays this past season THe INT in Pittsburg and the Int in Neworlearns both in the Endzone when both teams could have taken the lead and take control of the games and dont Forget about the Big hit he had on Steve Smith in the Redzone that took smith out of the Game for one play that ruined their offensive rythym.

Exactly don't start that Madieu is not a playmake stuff, name somebody else that had more big plays on defense last year then him? Madieu was coming back from a serious shoulder injury maybe he was playing a little timid last year after that but don't act like he turned into Ohalete. Plus he's great in the community too, that defense needs a lot more players like Madieu he's not a weakness at all. I'm sure he was disappointed in his play just like the rest of you guys and is putting in the work to come back stronger.

Exactly don't start that Madieu is not a playmake stuff, name somebody else that had more big plays on defense last year then him? Madieu was coming back from a serious shoulder injury maybe he was playing a little timid last year after that but don't act like he turned into Ohalete. Plus he's great in the community too, that defense needs a lot more players like Madieu he's not a weakness at all. I'm sure he was disappointed in his play just like the rest of you guys and is putting in the work to come back stronger.

KK made the most "big" plays on defense last year. It seemed whenever the Bengals needed an INT to close out a game, KK was the one that got it

KK made the most "big" plays on defense last year. It seemed whenever the Bengals needed an INT to close out a game, KK was the one that got it

yeah he did but take in to consideration that teams threw away from Madieu and threw right at kk. Dont get me wrong I like KK and I wish he was still on the Team but Madieu is in my opinion our Best Defensive player and I think it is pathetic that he is getting critisised as much as he is by our own fan Base.

yeah he did but take in to consideration that teams threw away from Madieu and threw right at kk. Dont get me wrong I like KK and I wish he was still on the Team but Madieu is in my opinion our Best Defensive player and I think it is pathetic that he is getting critisised as much as he is by our own fan Base.

He's critisised because of how soft he played last season. Read between the lines dude, we drafted 2 safeties, there's a reason for that! I liked Madieu just as much as the next guy, but last season, He looked very suspect. Like I said, it wasn't always Tory's Fault. The CB's depend on that safety to "help" out. Madieu didn't help Tory's cause one bit! I look for the coaches to shake it up a bit this season at the FS position. Dexter was solid and provided plenty of run support, I see him getting just as much PT.

He's critisised because of how soft he played last season. Read between the lines dude, we drafted 2 safeties, there's a reason for that! I liked Madieu just as much as the next guy, but last season, He looked very suspect. Like I said, it wasn't always Tory's Fault. The CB's depend on that safety to "help" out. Madieu didn't help Tory's cause one bit! I look for the coaches to shake it up a bit this season at the FS position. Dexter was solid and provided plenty of run support, I see him getting just as much PT.

Dextar Jackson his going to be 30 this season and has already proved that he is a major health risk, Madieu although injured in 05 has proven that he can stay healthy for an entire season when he started all 16 games and also had the most snaps out of any other player on the 53 man raoster. As Far as those other two players go white and Nuke they are going to be special team players only this season. White might get time at Strongsaftey because Jackson Will get hurt at somepoint during the season. Dude and this is beside the point, You will jump threw hoops to support a clown like Henry but you will rip one of our class citizens who also happens to be a great Player just because he had a couple of bad plays.

It's becoming increasingly clear that most of Bengal Nation won't tolerate any criticism of Madeiu Williams, even when offered in far more measured tones than Joe Pong is capable of.

That said, the original post touches on a very important subject that few will acknowledge. That being, if the Bengals are frustrated at William's lack of progress then it's increasingly unlikely that they'll try very hard to keep him in stripes after this season.

He needs to breakout.

I'd be happy to have 8-9 madieu style players on the defense :P with 2 other major play makers :P

He's critisised because of how soft he played last season.

We Drafted 1 safety with high expectations in White who looks to be more of our SS of the future,Duke was taken as fodder / late round special teamer you think he's a starter based off a few camps? he's not even signed yet.

Like I said, it wasn't always Tory's Fault. The CB's depend on that safety to "help" out

it's tory's fault for not being able to cover people and giving up on plays,you think Ed Reed would wanna cover on tory's side?

It's becoming increasingly clear that most of Bengal Nation won't tolerate any criticism of Madeiu Williams,

He wasn't a probowler and does get more love then he deserves sometimes but he also doesn't deserve some of the hate he gets,

Is Madieu the cause of our defense being bad? would we be a better team with white or duke starting instead of him? I personally like the idea of him,white,jjoe & hall being the backbone of our DB's for next 4-5 years if they do resign him.

I like Madieu as our starter, but those few plays last year made him look VERY bad. Call it soft, call it what you will, he looked bad. Your safety getting ran the f*ck over is just not something fans are willing to deal with in a nice manner. Better yet, why should they ?? I can see it now, who cares that our safety gets ran the f*ck over ?? At least he contributes to the community right ??

What the f*ck ever !!! Now don't get me wrong, I WANT MADIEU IN THERE and I want to see him to realize that potential we all know he has, but he really didn't help his cause much last year. The injury was a b*tch, but this is a new year and I just want him to be a beast !!!

WHODEY !!!

I like Madieu as our starter, but those few plays last year made him look VERY bad. Call it soft, call it what you will, he looked bad. Your safety getting ran the f*ck over is just not something fans are willing to deal with in a nice manner. Better yet, why should they ?? I can see it now, who cares that our safety gets ran the f*ck over ?? At least he contributes to the community right ??

What the f*ck ever !!! Now don't get me wrong, I WANT MADIEU IN THERE and I want to see him realize the potential we all know he has, but he really didn't help his cause much last year. The injury was a b*tch, but this is a new year and I just want him to be a beast !!!

WHODEY !!!

Every safety has gotten ran over or stiffed armed before,A safety isen't also expected to make as many tackles vs the run game as the Bengals safetys....

I Do agree he needs step up his game if he's gonna get payed and to reach the potential that everyone thought he had his rookie season :P when he wasen't getting ran over and he was 2nd on the team in tackles as a CB/S...I just don't think he's as bad as people make him out to be and would worrie about replacing alot of other starters on this team before I would replace madieu.

Once again, I don't wish to see him replaced... I wish to see him play to his potential. I could care less about what the Bengals want him to do as opposed to some other team, he just needs to be more physical than he was last year. And to that point, regardless of what he did or didn't do last year (stat wise) those plays made him look bad. That's all I'm saying. Here's to hoping Madieu makes the pro-bowl this year !!!

WHODEY !!!

But Williams, heading into his fourth season, remains a valued guy to his coaches. Talk to them and they consistently speak about how he consistently played last season, which is a good thing because he led the team with 1,265 snaps. Now in his second season removed from shoulder surgery, he looks to get better and better.

Hobson on Madieu.