I bet he's meeting with Lovie and CO. already. .

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=3549

Presumably they let him go this early to enable him to find another team, or maybe he was just guilty.

I think they were just tired of his never ending s**t... <_<

Has anyone read the comments on the bottom of the ESPN article...Classic! I was rolling when I first saw it! Of all things to say he commented...

Bears pull plug on Tank Johnson

------------------

"StormJH1 (6/25/2007 at 3:17 PM)

How many minutes until the Bengals sign him?

-------------------

FYI...Tank was let go for all the wrong reasons. He commited NO CRIME!!

From my backyard in Arizona, and into Yahoo Sports:

Tank Johnson under legal limit in DUI arrest

July 2, 2007

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) -- Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when the former Chicago Bears tackle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072, under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent, police Sgt. Andrew Duncan said Monday. No charges have been filed pending results of a completed investigation.

Johnson, whose legal name is Terry Darnell Johnson, was arrested when officers pulled him over at 3:30 a.m. for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Duncan said an officer placed him under arrest because he believed Johnson was under the influence of alcohol. He was released without being booked or charged after providing a blood sample, and police said he was very cooperative.

The 25-year-old player was released by the Bears three days after his arrest. The team said it was "upset and embarrassed" by the defensive tackle's legal troubles.

The Bears declined comment Monday.

It is still possible for Johnson to be charged with DUI, but it would be unusual barring special circumstances. The law in Arizona provides for such prosecutions based on overall signs and symptoms of intoxication.

But Lorna Propes, an attorney for Johnson, emphasized Monday that the player hadn't been charged "and the fact that his blood level came back as it did is certainly encouraging."

Johnson already had been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season for violating probation on a gun charge. He spent two months in jail and was released in May.

Last December, police raided the 300-pound Johnson's suburban Chicago home and found six unregistered firearms -- a violation of his probation on an earlier gun charge.

Two days after the December raid, Willie B. Posey, Johnson's bodyguard, was shot and killed in an early morning fight while he and Johnson were at a Chicago nightclub.

Johnson was suspended by the Bears for one game for being at the club. He played in the Super Bowl as the Bears lost to Indianapolis.

In March, Johnson began his two-month jail stint. In May, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge from the December raid as part of a deal with prosecutors that kept him from serving more time in jail.

Johnson was chosen by the Bears in the second round of the 2004 draft out of Washington. He played in 46 games, starting 15.

FYI...Tank was let go for all the wrong reasons. He commited NO CRIME!!

From my backyard in Arizona, and into Yahoo Sports:

Tank Johnson under legal limit in DUI arrest

July 2, 2007

GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) -- Tank Johnson's blood alcohol level was below the legal limit when the former Chicago Bears tackle was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving June 22.

Johnson's blood alcohol level was .072, under the presumptive limit in Arizona of .08 percent, police Sgt. Andrew Duncan said Monday. No charges have been filed pending results of a completed investigation.

Johnson, whose legal name is Terry Darnell Johnson, was arrested when officers pulled him over at 3:30 a.m. for driving 40 mph in a 25 mph zone. Duncan said an officer placed him under arrest because he believed Johnson was under the influence of alcohol. He was released without being booked or charged after providing a blood sample, and police said he was very cooperative.

The 25-year-old player was released by the Bears three days after his arrest. The team said it was "upset and embarrassed" by the defensive tackle's legal troubles.

The Bears declined comment Monday.

It is still possible for Johnson to be charged with DUI, but it would be unusual barring special circumstances. The law in Arizona provides for such prosecutions based on overall signs and symptoms of intoxication.

But Lorna Propes, an attorney for Johnson, emphasized Monday that the player hadn't been charged "and the fact that his blood level came back as it did is certainly encouraging."

Johnson already had been suspended for the first eight games of the 2007 season for violating probation on a gun charge. He spent two months in jail and was released in May.

Last December, police raided the 300-pound Johnson's suburban Chicago home and found six unregistered firearms -- a violation of his probation on an earlier gun charge.

Two days after the December raid, Willie B. Posey, Johnson's bodyguard, was shot and killed in an early morning fight while he and Johnson were at a Chicago nightclub.

Johnson was suspended by the Bears for one game for being at the club. He played in the Super Bowl as the Bears lost to Indianapolis.

In March, Johnson began his two-month jail stint. In May, he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor weapons charge from the December raid as part of a deal with prosecutors that kept him from serving more time in jail.

Johnson was chosen by the Bears in the second round of the 2004 draft out of Washington. He played in 46 games, starting 15.

Excatly, he was fired for getting a speeding ticket...But he put himself in a situation were that could affect him like that . If this was his first offense it wouldn't even get any press, but sense he feels the need to be a dumb ass this is what he gets.

But more importantly who is that lovely lady in the sig..she is a work of art.

Does she have something in her left eye ?? What's with that look ??

It's the "I wanna do you" look. Don't you recognize it? :lmao:

I've been in Afghanistan since January and not a woman in sight !!! I don't think I REMEMBER that look !!! God October can't get here fast enough !!!

WHODEY !!!