supplemental draft

El Tigere

I think Ox is about right, my understanding is that they finalize the details at the current owners meeting, according to GBN

"Supp draft in sight… The NFL summer supplemental will take place within in the next 3-4 weeks. So far we are aware of two players who have reportedly applied: Georgia junior CB Paul Oliver and Nebraska LT Chris Patrick. We’d appreciate it if anyone knows of any other supp draft applicants they’d drop us a line. We’ll also be posting scouting reports on the individual players in the supp draft as we get closer to the actual date."

It's funny when I saw this yesterday I wondered aloud if maybe they might be tempted to throw in a bid on somebody as we appear to have a few extra picks next year.

2007 Supplemental Draft is July 13. I found this info on Paul Oliver: "DraftHeadquarters.com reports that Oliver ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.5-4.58 range and had a 33.5 inch vertical jump. RotoWorld is calling him likely no higher than a third rounder."

I can't see the Bengals spending a pick in this supplemental draft, even if they get a 3rd round comp pick for Steinbach.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/20/...orkout-for-nfl/

from various sources . . .

Georgia CB Paul Oliver, recently rated by the War Room Report as one of the top prospects for the 2008 NFL Draft, has announced he will enter the NFL Supplemental Draft, after being declared ineligible for his senior season at Georgia because of academics.

NOTE: Bengals will probably pass, but Pats may spend 3rd or 4th rounder. Others intersted include: Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans, or Green Bay Packers. His 4.5 didn't help.

Chris Patrick - Cornhuskers ... originally intended to forgo his senior season and enter April's draft but wavered and didn't decide in time to enter his name. The 6-4/290-pound Patrick is an excellent pass protector but will likely need to kick to guard in the NFL. Patrick has signed with agent Joe Linta.

Also, more of a rumor than a report:

Jared Gaither - Terrapins ... Scout.com reports Gaither will meet with Terrapin officials this week. If he declares early, Maryland will have lost both its starting tackles, as Stephon Heyer graduated and signed as an undrafted free agent with the Redskins.