Scouting NFL Europa

I've been watching NFL Europa this year and there are few guys who I think could play in the NFL. I know that NFL Europa is like a league full of practice squad players, but there a handful of guys who do have some natural talent and skill.

Imo, the most impressive player I've seen on a consistant basis is George Gause from Cologne. He was a 3 year starter at South Carolina were he put up good numbers vs. SEC competition.

Gause's college stats..

Started 31 of 43 games

• Totaled 156 tackles, 15 sacks, 26.5 tackles for loss, 6 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery and 7 passes defended

• Started every game as a senior

• Posted 40 stops, 8 for losses, 5 sacks and 1 forced fumble

• Started eight games during his junior campaign

• Collected 37 tackles, 9 for losses and 5 sacks

• Started 11 games as a sophomore

• Posted 55 stops, 7.5 for losses, 4 sacks and 3 forced fumbles

• Had 24 tackles and 1 sack, and was named to SEC All-Freshman team

Gause is always around the qb, he makes Cologne's defense one of the tops in the league by constantly pressuring the qb. At 6'5" 272 lbs Gause has the physical tools to play in the NFL, he just needs another opportunity with a team that doesn't have Pro Bowl players at his position.

Gause's NFL Career

Originally signed with the Buffalo Bills on April 29, 2005

• Waived on September 3

• Signed to the Denver Broncos’ practice squad on October 11, 2005

• Waived by the Broncos on July 24, 2006

• Signed with the Indianapolis Colts on August 14, 2006

• Released by the Colts on September 2

It seems that Gause has made it to the final cut down for the past two years with two different teams, he just can't get over the hump. I think Gause could be a productive player in the NFL if given the chance to play.

P.K. Sam is another guy who looks like he's finally putting it together over there, he said when he first came into the league he was drafted by NE but he didn't buy into Belicheck's way of doing things. Now he's ready to learn :lol: , to little to late imo. But MIA has him under contract so well see how he fairs this offseason.

Bobby Blizzard is a TE who has shown he can catch the ball and make a few plays after he catches it as well. I know Blizzard played for the Cards last year, maybe without lack of a #2 TE if he's available he could come in for a tryout.

Btw, does anyone know how the process goes with players who have been allocated by a certain team? I'm guessing he would have to be released before we could pick him up, right??

Like I said before I know this a league full of practice squad players so there not much to be excited about, but I would like to see one of these teams like Cologne play the Raiders or Browns or the Lions. It would be closer than the NFL team would like it to be, imo.

I've been watching NFL Europa this year and there are few guys who I think could play in the NFL.

The QB from Io has a hot hand. And I like that Ganymede WR. Oh, and I think the running back from Callisto is a real sleeper... B)