Faneca P*ssed

Ah, nothing warms my heart more than misery for Pittsburgh fans... :lmao:

Agreed ... well, watching my daughter head off to school this morning wearing her Carson Palmer jersey warmed my heart a fair amount too.

You should go check out the meltdown on the stillers.com boards, duss, it's a laff riot. Faneca has gone from one of the best guards in the league to whiney biatch who needs to be benched for the season. "Hope he blows his knee out," says one. What fine human beings. And now one guy is going off on Ward because Hines refused to lead calestentics is support of Faneca or something like that! :lmao:

Today...is a good day! :cheers:

Pissburgh fans are about as low of a life form as they come. The organization is always right and the player is just a meaningless piece of the machine. If that piece does not perfectly toe the "Pissburgh is Life" line, then they are useless ... more than that ... they should be destroyed ... punished by God Himself. A laughable bunch, I tell you. It's this type of display that will always prove to me that this fanbase is a complete myth. What a joke.

You should go check out the meltdown on the stillers.com boards, duss, it's a laff riot. Faneca has gone from one of the best guards in the league to whiney biatch who needs to be benched for the season. "Hope he blows his knee out," says one. What fine human beings. And now one guy is going off on Ward because Hines refused to lead calestentics is support of Faneca or something like that! :lmao:

Today...is a good day! :cheers:

And you know what drives me nuts? Imagine someone on our board using the phrase "hope he blows his knee out" in reference to a guy mad about his contract. Yeah, right. First, I doubt it would happen ... the class of guys here is too high. We are football fans ... with brains. Not like those idiots over there. Second, imagine the comment is made and EVERYONE does not go completely nuts on this guy. Heck, I would get to the point where I would insist either the guy is removed or I leave forever. You take a stand. There is something higher than the sport ... than the organization ... and it's called ethics. These folks obviously have no sense of ethics ... no sense of morality ... no sense of right and wrong. It's information like this that makes my case more and more as to how low this fanbase is. I've said it before, and I will say it again ... try living here. Cracks me up to hear them try to make fun of Cincinnati or Kentucky or West Virginia, when they are collectively so much more ignorant. Heck, just today I pointed out to my wife how the literacy differences show up even in email. We get dozens of emails from friends born and raised in Pissburgh, from others born and raised in Cincinnati, and many from various places in Kentucky. The Pissburghers, BY FAR, are the absolute worst at spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. ... and you can always bet which group will be the very first to blame life situations on anything but their own choices. Pissburghers. "hope he blows his knee out" ... go figure. Unfortunately, it's expected.

And I guess Big Ben and Cowher weren't exactly busom buddies either.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...d/s_503876.html

What a nitwit. Does Toothless actually think he would have that SB ring if it wasn't for Cowher? Tomlin has to be wondering what he's gotten himself into.

And yeah, duus, wishing injuries on guys is seriously lame. Then again I remember all the rejoicing they did over Palmer's knee, so I guess I shouldn't expect anything else...

So Hoosier, it's been months since I've bothered to wade in the filth known as stillers.com, but I had to check this out based upon your comments.

And I see the comment you quoted. Stupid. But it doesn't stop there. Here's one response to this idiotic statement by "Yazman":

Yazman - "Super Bowl this year, 4th quarter, Steelers up by 20, blow out a knee, Fanaca."

Swissvale72 - "First thing you've ever said that I completely agree with, Yazman...."

And finally a guy that speaks up and gives us a glance into how stupid these folks are:

"maybe some of us could actually learn how to spell faneca's name correctly--it's not that hard geniuses."

So Hoosier, it's been months since I've bothered to wade in the filth known as stillers.com, but I had to check this out based upon your comments.

Didn't mean to ruin your Friday! :lol:

In all honesty I can understand their annoyance with Faneca's "negotiating through the media" bit. We've seen enough of that in Cincy. But the question I don't see anyone asking is, how did it come to this? The guy is a six-time Pro Bowl guard. If anyone deserves the kind of coin being thrown around for guards it's him, not Steinback or Dockery. And its been clear the guard market is headed upward for a couple years now. So why wasn't he extended a year or two ago? He could go several more years easy, and it isn't like the Steelers have spent big bucks in FA. If anything they've been more tightfisted than Mikey. And Faneca is set to make a prtty big chunk of change. It's not like they couldn't bring his cap number down.

Oh, well, whatever. The Stelers' turmoil is the Bengals' gain, right? :cheers:

Whenever another of these 'one year left on contract' cases comes up, I just shake my head. The reason is that it is the goofiest scenario, and it's hard to not see the anger, frustration, etc on both sides. I mean, I see the organizational side that the player signed a contract that still has a year on it. I see the player side where, especially when the market has changed drastically (like in Faneca's case), that he expects to get a new deal at this market value. Apparently the Black and Urine have not offered him anything compared to what the other guys are getting. That doesn't surprise ... given the other guys are severely over-paid this year. Nonetheless, had Faneca not performed at all like he did the last few years, he would be on the scrap-heap this summer. In then end, this all comes back to the fact that this structure puts the player in a 'tough' spot when entering the final year. (If you call making millions 'tough') You know, the thing about this one that strikes me as interesting is the guts that Faneca is showing. Usually a guy will hold out or drop it. Especially in Urinetown. But not Faneca. He comes in, not giving folks a reason to say he isn't fulfulling his contract. BUT ... he is CLEARLY saying he does not want to be a Steeler. He CLEARLY is saying he doesn't want to be part of this organization. YET, he is putting in his time. Now that is different. And it cracks me up to hear the fans as they struggle to deal with this. Oh, and the six o'clock news ... too funny. Urine-Nation is wetting itself.

Whenever another of these 'one year left on contract' cases comes up, I just shake my head. The reason is that it is the goofiest scenario, and it's hard to not see the anger, frustration, etc on both sides.

There's definitely two sides to these stories and both have valid points. But my question is more Pitt-specific: WTF are they doing with their cap space? I mean, like the Bengals they rarely play in outside FA. Certainly they didn nothing this year. And the last few years every time some name player has come up for a payday the Steelers have cried poverty and let them walk -- or cut 'em. Hope, Burress, Porter, etc. Now Faneca. Per askthecommish.com they came into March with $11 million in cap space. Even subtracting a rookie pool and injury reserve they appear to be sitting on $5-6 million. So if they aren't going to give in to Faneca, what are they going to do with it? Seems to me the smart move would have been to bite the bullet and give him a new deal, especially with the coaching change. And if Faneca really is against Tomlin and wants out to go to AZ you should have worked something out in trade which would have given you an extra $4 million or so in FA to play with. Instead the Steelers bought the worst of both worlds...:wacko:

Seems to me the smart move would have been to bite the bullet and give him a new deal, especially with the coaching change. And if Faneca really is against Tomlin and wants out to go to AZ you should have worked something out in trade which would have given you an extra $4 million or so in FA to play with. Instead the Steelers bought the worst of both worlds...:wacko:

I agree 100%. Folks can yell all they want about what Faneca is doing, but really the Steelers have allowed a situation to exist that is very unique to them. It is further made bad by the fact that just a couple months ago, they allowed another guy on the other side of the ball to go when he had one year left and was expecting a big pay day prior to entering his final year. Joey had voiced his expectation at the start of last season, and they told him to wait. He did. They weren't willing to pay him. So they released him. Why not the case with Faneca? I'm not trying to defend Faneca, but looking at the Joey situation that occurred no more than a couple months ago ... well, that would drive me crazy.

Hey, here's a new fun one from Stillers...poll on what you'd do as GM about Faneca...so far the "kill him" option is tied for the lead...way to go pittsburgh...

http://p087.ezboard.com/Youre-the-GM/fstil...cID=32510.topic

... and if you for one moment think the majority of those who vote 'kill him' are joking ... well, you are only kidding yourself and surely have never experienced the core of this fanbase firsthand. I know. I have lived it. My children have lived it. If you don't want to wear the Black and Urine, then you should voluntarily leave or be killed. Sounds crazy. They are. Amazing ... but not surprising.

Out of the link posted, the comment I found most funny was the one from James Farrior about Joey Porter..."Sometimes change isn't always bad..."

Sounds like not everyone liked Porter's loud mouth in the locker room. I can't imagine what that idiot acts like.

Uh-oh...PFT's Steeler fandom is showing...li'l Florio seems all upset that Faneca is disturbing his favowite team. :lmao:

POSTED 9:36 a.m. EDT, May 12, 2007

STEELERS OFFERED FANECA $19 MILLION OVER FIRST THREE YEARS

A source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers extended an opening offer to guard Alan Faneca for a contract extension that would have paid him $19 million over the first three years of the deal.

Per the source, Faneca wants $24 million over the first three seasons, and isn't budging.

As we explained on Friday, Faneca's anger regarding the gap between his demand and the team's offer is misplaced. The team has no obligation to pay him more money than the team believes that the 30-year-old offensive lineman deserves. And by publicly crying about the situation, Faneca is no different than Pacman Jones or Chris Henry or T.O. or any other selfish a**h*** who puts his own interests above a system that has made many men with few if any other marketable skills rich beyond their wildest dreams.

But, hey, at least Faneca showed up for a mandatory minicamp.

who ever wrote that article at PFT is incredibly self-righteous. I mean, I would love to see that writer call Faneca, to his face, a "few if any other marketable skills" man. SIMPLY LOVE IT. get a grip you egotistical, penis envying, black and urine man-crushing chump.

:-)

who ever wrote that article at PFT is incredibly self-righteous. I mean, I would love to see that writer call Faneca, to his face, a "few if any other marketable skills" man. SIMPLY LOVE IT. get a grip you egotistical, penis envying, black and urine man-crushing chump.

:-)

Oh, Florio at PFT is acting as a willing participant in the media spat between Faneca and the FO. Note, for example, that while he tells you the FO offered Faneca a deal that would pay him $19 million over the first 3 years, he doesn't tell you the total length or size of the extension. Or how that $19 million is structured. What if $10 million of that is a roster bonus in 2009? I'd tell 'em to shove it, too.

Mike Florio, Steelers homer... :lmao:

Boy, the entire URINE-NATION is oh so mad at one Mr. Faneca. It has been the leading story of the nightly news for two days running now. And more and more hopes by the brilliant fanbase looking for his knee to "explode". URINE-NATION is a very nasty thing.

Seriously, this town is all crazy about this. I said it several months ago, and I will say it again ... there is a smell in the air in Pissburgh and it seems a lot like bad things to come for a few years. Could be a very fun ride for us Bengals fans as we watch URINE-NATION start to fight among itself. Life is good ... even in Pissburgh.

And you know what drives me nuts? Imagine someone on our board using the phrase "hope he blows his knee out" in reference to a guy mad about his contract. Yeah, right. First, I doubt it would happen ... the class of guys here is too high. We are football fans ... with brains. Not like those idiots over there. Second, imagine the comment is made and EVERYONE does not go completely nuts on this guy. Heck, I would get to the point where I would insist either the guy is removed or I leave forever. You take a stand. There is something higher than the sport ... than the organization ... and it's called ethics. These folks obviously have no sense of ethics ... no sense of morality ... no sense of right and wrong. It's information like this that makes my case more and more as to how low this fanbase is. I've said it before, and I will say it again ... try living here. Cracks me up to hear them try to make fun of Cincinnati or Kentucky or West Virginia, when they are collectively so much more ignorant. Heck, just today I pointed out to my wife how the literacy differences show up even in email. We get dozens of emails from friends born and raised in Pissburgh, from others born and raised in Cincinnati, and many from various places in Kentucky. The Pissburghers, BY FAR, are the absolute worst at spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. ... and you can always bet which group will be the very first to blame life situations on anything but their own choices. Pissburghers. "hope he blows his knee out" ... go figure. Unfortunately, it's expected.

:cheers: Beautiful. Honestly, for me, there's nothing that beats reading a Duus take on the Black and Urine fans. It's good to know somebody out there hates them as much as I do, and can show them to be the fraudulent fans that they are.

It's easy to be a Steelers fan when things are going good, (One for the thumb, so on and so on) however, (And I've said this a million times) when things turn ugly, their fans are the worst !!! They don't support their players (A deserving pro-bowler at that) or their organization (Cowher was the problem) when things go poorly. What an embarrassment !!! Don't get me wrong, there are some great Steelers fans out there, but by and by, they are becoming harder to find !!!

Oh yeah, he restructured his contract to HELP the Steelers get under the salary cap as well. What an assh*le huh ?? UNREAL !!!

WHODEY !!!

Boy, the entire URINE-NATION is oh so mad at one Mr. Faneca. It has been the leading story of the nightly news for two days running now.

:lmao:

Seriously, this town is all crazy about this. I said it several months ago, and I will say it again ... there is a smell in the air in Pissburgh and it seems a lot like bad things to come for a few years. Could be a very fun ride for us Bengals fans as we watch URINE-NATION start to fight among itself. Life is good ... even in Pissburgh.

Yeah, they aren't having a good time, are they? In addition to Faneca, both their No. 1 and 2 picks, Timmons (groin) and Woodley (hammy), got hurt in minicamp.

Man, if Pitt flops this year and the Cards make the postseason, Pittsburgh might just spontaneously combust! :blowup2: