Whose draft did you like...

Well, I know folks have their reasons for not believing what the Browns did was that great, but I still like their draft. I think they did a great job. Will it all work out? Time will tell. But FOR NOW, it looks really good.

Also, I think SF did a great job. And NE ... for what they did at draft time as a whole, including making use of picks over the weekend, plus ensuring they have good picks next year.

I would rank our overall draft below those, but not much further. I would say we were in the area of best 5-10 overall, but definitely not top 5 like those.

Well, I know folks have their reasons for not believing what the Browns did was that great, but I still like their draft. I think they did a great job. Will it all work out? Time will tell. But FOR NOW, it looks really good.

Like the Joe Thomas pick. For me, a 2008 1st (which will probably be high) is too much blood to jump from the 35th to the 22nd. But if the Browns really did have Quinn rated #5 (for instance), that's a bargain. So it just depends how you look at it. The Cowboys definitely did good in that trade.

I like Carolina's draft the most. I thought they got solid contributors in the early rounds.

I think the Brown's draft could be very similar to our draft in '05. Solid guy in the first, but the second and third picks have a ton of question marks. People are split on Quinn up here in Cleveland, and they took the biggest character risk in the draft with Wright. Quinn was a good pickup at late first round, but they mortgaged their future on it. Think of what Cleveland fans will do if Quinn is just so-so, and they had a top pick again next year with the like of Brian Brohm sitting there and Dallas owns it. Short term it looks good, but I think it could be a horrible pick when you factor in the QB talent for next year. Who knows though, I have heard on the radio up here that Quinn is the next Couch and also that he is the next Peyton.

I have heard on the radio up here that Quinn is the next Couch and also that he is the next Peyton.

I highly doubt he is either of those guys ... but surely the likelihood of being the next Couch is greater than being the next Peyton. I think someone in the middle. I suspect he ends up very good, but not 'special'. He will likely be the next Delhomme or Pennington ... or someone similar. You know, very good at what he does, but needs guys around him. Uh ... Roethlisberger come to mind there too?

I like Carolina's draft the most. I thought they got solid contributors in the early rounds.

I think the Brown's draft could be very similar to our draft in '05. Solid guy in the first, but the second and third picks have a ton of question marks. People are split on Quinn up here in Cleveland, and they took the biggest character risk in the draft with Wright. Quinn was a good pickup at late first round, but they mortgaged their future on it. Think of what Cleveland fans will do if Quinn is just so-so, and they had a top pick again next year with the like of Brian Braham sitting there and Dallas owns it. Short term it looks good, but I think it could be a horrible pick when you factor in the QB talent for next year. Who knows though, I have heard on the radio up here that Quinn is the next Couch and also that he is the next Peyton.

I think how Quinn develops relies more on the coaching staff and solidifing the offensive line, which is why I think drafting Thomas a brillant move. If Quinn is able to sit for a year, get coached up on his weakness and is able to compete for the starting job in a year or two with a solid o-line and running game to support him he will succeed. He's got all the measureables you look for in a qb, his mechanics need a little work, but who is perfect coming out of college, hell even the great Carson Palmer rode the pine for a whole season.

The reason why guys in charge in Cleveland trade next years first round pick is because they know they could all be out the door in 2008, so who cares!! I think Quinn will turn into a fine player and Browns will be in competition for 3rd place in the division this year. :P Seriously though, as much as it pains me to type this I think Brownies may have begun to turn the corner this offseason through FA and the draft.

Also I'm giving NE the Daniel Synder trophy, which is award to the team who had the best offseason, after they got 2 pro bowl players in A.Thomas and R.Moss and they got a beast of safety in the draft in Merriweather. Why no one is giving them s**t for drafting a precieved "character risk" guy is beyond me, but I guess the Pats can do whatever they please??? With all of there offseason moves NE has to be odds on favorite to win the Bowl this year, anybody got the Vegas line?

Oh people have started giving the Patriots a hard time. Not nearly as hard of time as they deserve but both SI writers talked about it in their draft recaps.

Plus it was on Mike and MIke in the morning, etc.

Now if we would have done it, there would be a backlash that would make the sports writers slobber.

Quinn qill not be the next Couch and to think so is ridiculous. Tim Couch played on what may go down as one of the WORST TEAMS OF ALL TIME. Yes, even worse than the bengals in their poop period.

He had No O-line, no WR, no TE, TRAVIS FREAKING PRENTICE at running back, and no defense.

Knocking Tim Couch is like knocking the guy who gets killed at war, because he was shooting a potatoe gun. It just ain't right. Knock the team, knock the organization fine, but do not knock tim couch.

Brady Quinn has a much, much, much better team, and that ain't saying much :lol: but he at least has an O-line (decent) a running back (decent), and some very good weapons, and the defense is (sadly) much better than 2000.

Quinn has star written all over him, UNLIKE guys whom you compared him to Pennington, Delhomme, neither of which have star anywhere near their name.

To get Quinn, we gave up 1st round pick and this years second.

THAT IS HARDLY "Mortgaging the future" HARDLY!!!!!

At MOST it sets us back one draft pick, the first rounder, because we ended up with a seond round pick in this draft anyway.

We didn't trade a whole draft for ricky williams so please quit with mortgaging the future. FALSE

We got three STARTERS out of this years draft.

Quinn

Thomas

Wright

As far as I am concerned anything else we get out of the other guys is just gravy.

The saddest part, is that Wright was the BEST cornerback in this years draft, and the benglas couldn't touch him with a ten foot pole because of Chris Henry.

Phil Savage said it best "4-28-2007 is the day people will look back and say, that is the day the Browns Franchise turned around".

All just my opinion

Knocking Tim Couch is like knocking the guy who gets killed at war, because he was shooting a potatoe gun. It just ain't right. Knock the team, knock the organization fine, but do not knock tim couch.

Dan Quayle, I didn't know you were a Browns fan! And an astute Couch apologist as well, I see! ;)

Quinn has star written all over him, UNLIKE guys whom you compared him to Pennington, Delhomme, neither of which have star anywhere near their name.

The saddest part, is that Wright was the BEST cornerback in this years draft, and the benglas couldn't touch him with a ten foot pole because of Chris Henry.

Your falling star was the story of the draft, but the thing that sticks with me is what a suck up he was all week. I swear Brady Quinn was everywhere, from camping out in the lobby in the Radiers office, to mugging it up with Al Roker on the Today show. In fact, I'm pretty sure he delivered my mail yesterday. And if he was really a star wouldn't he have a hotter girlfriend? (Ewwww.)

As for Eric Wright, I actually agree that he was a player the Bengals had to remove from their draft board, but only a dedicated glue sniffer would claim that Wright was the best CB available in the draft. Most rankings slotted him as the 5th or 6th best based soley on talent and quite a few dropped him out of the top 10 rankings due to the type of character issues you used to make fun of, but now defend over and over again.

That said, how fitting is it that Browns fans now seem to be in ecstasy over the pick?

I am not defending him, we met with him like 5 different times before the draft. If he hasn't cleaned up his act and promptly goes out and commits crimes, then and only then will I let you say I am defending him. The guy cleane dup his act went to UNLV, and if you want trouble, Vegas is the first palce you should go.

Who said I was in excstacy? Oooohh thats you again trying to put words in my mouth.

You are dispicable, you do this everytime you respond to one of my posts. Change my contexts and try to put words in my mouth, it is quite comical.

Ya his grilfreind is ugly, ya he dropped like a rock. So what does that say? The Browns did the right thing and drafted Thomas, then added Quinn.

He is a suckup, any smart kid would be he wanted to make millions.

Had he come out of USC and not UNLV he would have been if not THE one of the top 3 corners in the draft.

Did you watch any of the games that Quinn has played against top tier teams?

He was great against lower talent and average at best against the good teams. He will need to improve lots to be a star in the NFL, and he may be able to, but I have doubts he will ever be as good as Manning as some have been suggesting.

I for one thought Couch was a solid QB that got train wrecked by playing on a crappy team also.

Woah!!! Nelly

I never said Quinn was gonna be Manning, never.

But he does have the tools, the smarts, the attitude and the work ethic to be a very good NFL QB.

I ws a huge Quinn hater before the draft, I thought taking at #3 would be a mistake even in the mock draft this site put on I took Joe Thomas.

I am fully aware of his struggles against good teams, and you have to remember it is a team game, and the fighting Irish as a team were grossly over rated last year.

See Ohio state put out 3 WR, two in the first round this year....how many did Notre Dame have?

I am not defending him, we met with him like 5 different times before the draft. If he hasn't cleaned up his act and promptly goes out and commits crimes, then and only then will I let you say I am defending him. The guy cleane dup his act went to UNLV, and if you want trouble, Vegas is the first palce you should go.

Who said I was in excstacy? Oooohh thats you again trying to put words in my mouth.

You are dispicable, you do this everytime you respond to one of my posts. Change my contexts and try to put words in my mouth, it is quite comical.

Ya his grilfreind is ugly, ya he dropped like a rock. So what does that say? The Browns did the right thing and drafted Thomas, then added Quinn.

He is a suckup, any smart kid would be he wanted to make millions.

Had he come out of USC and not UNLV he would have been if not THE one of the top 3 corners in the draft.

I'm glad that Browns fans are excited, but I believe cautious optimitism is more in order. Thomas is a far from a sure thing, he could be like D.Ferguson or R.Gallery, who knows. Quinn fell for a good reason, he's not very accurate and he doesn't play well in big games, two qualitites most teams don't want in a franchise qb. Eazy E or Eric Wright(it's all the same) was NOT the best corner in the draft, the only people who believe that are in Cleveland. Yes he fell to third round because of his character but he was #4 at best, at best I said.

All in all I think Cleveland made out well on draft day, but they don't give out the SuperBowl trophy in April, so you guys have a ways to go. You could easily be cheering for a team with a new head coach next year, so don't pop the champgene just yet.

Man, I could have sworn I posted nothing but guarded optomism.

"Yes he fell to third round because of his character but he was #4 at best, at best I said. "

Orr the second round.

You didn't hear me say the Browns are going 8-8 and gonna make a playoff push....did you??

I understand neither of the two guys are sure things, no players are.

Actually it was just a little joke about the type of drugs that were found in his room when police were investigating a possible rape. Combined with the way you lost your head by claiming that Wright was the best CB in the entire draft I thought the joke worked on several levels.

:sure:

Wright was the BEST cornerback in this years draft, and the benglas couldn't touch him with a ten foot pole because of Chris Henry.

That said, how fitting is it that Browns fans now seem to be in ecstasy over the pick?

ROFL

We once had a falling star around here. His name was Eric Steinbach. He was labeled a "steal" as the first pick of the second round in 2003 after many penciled him in as a first rounder. Sadly he has already been cycled out of Cincinnati.

I am not so sure that Quinn will be able to beat out Frye. At least not right away.

Also, isn't Quinn's girlfriend/wife AJ Hawk's sister?

We once had a falling star around here. His name was Eric Steinbach. He was labeled a "steal" as the first pick of the second round in 2003 after many penciled him in as a first rounder. Sadly he has already been cycled out of Cincinnati.

I am not so sure that Quinn will be able to beat out Frye. At least not right away.

Hawk's wife is Quinn's sister.

Woah!!! Nelly

I never said Quinn was gonna be Manning, never.

But he does have the tools, the smarts, the attitude and the work ethic to be a very good NFL QB.

I ws a huge Quinn hater before the draft, I thought taking at #3 would be a mistake even in the mock draft this site put on I took Joe Thomas.

I am fully aware of his struggles against good teams, and you have to remember it is a team game, and the fighting Irish as a team were grossly over rated last year.

See Ohio state put out 3 WR, two in the first round this year....how many did Notre Dame have?

Smarjde (Spell check please) would have been a 1st/2nd rounder if he would not have chosen his other sport.

Quinn's girlfriend is a soccer player from Miami of Ohio.

Also, the reason why Quinn performed badly sometimes against top notch teams, is because the defense was so bad that he had to try so hard to carry the team. I think he did quite well in some of the top games....what about the USC game where Leinhardt was pushed into the endzone illegally? I have watched quite a few Natre Dame games being a fan, and yes, at times I became frustrated that it seemed he didn't play up to potential every week, but one could see he has the talent. It all comes down to surrounding him with the right guys to allow him to utilize his talent and abilities without being pressured to carry the team. If he has to go out and try and put up 40 points every week, like he had to last year at Notre Dame, he won't be successful. But neither would anyone else.