Henry's Traffic Charges Dropped

rishipatel

Too bad they already played a part in his suspension. :rolleyes:

Which makes it all the more better for an appeal... He should fight the 8 game suspension.

:lmao::lmao: @ the fools who took stink about Henry's latest arrest, Some of who actually said enough, it's time to get rid of him.

Keep laughing AG....it ain't over yet. :sure: Call me skeptical.

Also, I don't think he got an eight game suspension because he had a suspended license. Again, let's keep the facts straight.

I do, however, think that the suspended liscense added another game or two.

I think it resulted in more than that, but we're all guessing. All we know for sure is the traffic flap gave ammunition to those who argued that it was proof that Henry hadn't learned anything and that dovetails neatly with Goodell's remarks that it was indeed a factor. Plus, it derailed Henry's defense that he had stayed out of trouble since his offseason meltdown.

No further proof is needed that if everyone is willing to call a molehill a mountain then a mountian it will be.

I'm not a Henry defender... but I am a Bengal defender. So... my question is, why are Henry's troubles always linked back to Mike Brown and an embarrassment to Cincinnati, while Mike Vick is just considered an idiot - and it is not traced back to the Falcons?

Vick in my opinion is every bit as bad as Chris Henry. Henry's greatest mistake was waving a gun around in public. Certainly nothing to sneeze at... but his other stuff has been relatively common in the NFL.

Vick on the other hand had the whole Ron Mexico scandal, had his property being searched on drug raids, is going to court for tresspassing charges, and now is being investigated for running a dog fighting ring? Good God! He's a train wreck!

They also have Jonathan Babineaux, arrested for animal abuse, and Patrick Kerney (his fault or not) had a rape occur in his home. Yet Falcons owner Arthur Blank says "I wouldn't compare us to the Bengals. I think all their players have been convicted. [Actually, not all have.] Michael [Vick] was never convicted of anything. Jonathan [babineaux] hasn't been convicted of anything."

The Falcons have made a decision to put all of their proverbial eggs in Vick's basket by trading away Schaub. But do they get criticism for enabling him? Why are the Bengals different? What sets them apart? Apparently having too many drinks (the most common Bengal transgression) is worse than animal abuse.

I'm not a Henry defender... but I am a Bengal defender. So... my question is, why are Henry's troubles always linked back to Mike Brown and an embarrassment to Cincinnati, while Mike Vick is just considered an idiot - and it is not traced back to the Falcons?

People around here merely tolerate Mike Brown but they have never and probably never will embrace him. There are many reasons for this but suffice it to say that he has been the poster child for everything that ails this team. Meanwhile if you listen to some of the oldtimers, MB was the man behind the scenes for some of the early Bengals successes in the 70's and 80's but will never get credit for it because of his father.

I agree that Mr. Blank and his team should be held to the same standards as the Bengals. Saying that "at least we aren't as bad as so-and-so" is a classic tactic to divert blame from their team and justify their actions.

I don't really care about Mike VIck but he is one of the most overhyped players in the last decade. I think the new commish has no concern about past friendships or PR-spin doctoring and damage control that PTags may have engaged in. The guy has a chance to make a few examples even if it is Vick and I hope he does it for the good of the game. The NBA suffered from some of the same kind of behavior and I hurt them badly.