Pacman/Henry

I was just watching the NFL Network.

Pacman Jones has been suspended for the entire season and Chris Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the season.

What was the reason for them talking to the Commisioner they did not get a reduced sentence at all in my eyes. That's going to hurt both of their pockets but hey they deserve it, he sent a message to their butts especially Pacman the only thing next for Pacman is to be banned. I can't wait until this stuff with Joey Porter comes out, I guarantee if it happened like Levi said it happened Joey Porter will be home for the 2008-2009 season. I'm not so worried about Chris Henry, its a bit of a loss for the Bengals but they can get past that if one of those other wide receivers step up.

I was just watching the NFL Network.

Pacman Jones has been suspended for the entire season and Chris Henry was suspended for the first eight games of the season.

What was the reason for them talking to the Commisioner they did not get a reduced sentence at all in my eyes. That's going to hurt both of their pockets but hey they deserve it, he sent a message to their butts especially Pacman the only thing next for Pacman is to be banned. I can't wait until this stuff with Joey Porter comes out, I guarantee if it happened like Levi said it happened Joey Porter will be home for the 2008-2009 season. I'm not so worried about Chris Henry, its a bit of a loss for the Bengals but they can get past that if one of those other wide receivers step up.

Well they deserve it!

Just like you said that it is a bit of a loss for the Bengals.It kind of was but think, the NFL draft is coming up in 19 days.Maybe Marvin might find a great replacement for him and maybe that replacement might be so good that Marvin will just make him 1st string and Chris Henry 2nd string.

Pacman's punichment was too weak and Chris Henry's too strong.

Having people shot, and driving drunk, smoking weed, and puking out car windows are two totally different worlds.

Chris Henry essentially got half the punishment for far less than half the crime.

Looks like Pacman is appealing his suspension:

Pacman says he'll appeal season-long suspension from Goodell - April 14, 2007

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said Friday night he will appeal his season-long suspension and thinks NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made him the league's poster boy for disciplining players.

Jones has not talked to reporters since the suspension for conduct detrimental to the NFL was announced Tuesday. Jones' attorneys had said they were discussing his options and have not returned telephone messages since Tuesday.

But Jones was in Tunica, Miss., and he talked to an ESPN reporter while at Friday Night Fights about being suspended -- without pay -- for the 2007 season. His case will be reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, leaving the chance for a return.

"I think it was a little bit harsh," Jones said. "I expected the suspension, but for a whole year for a guy that hadn't been charged with nothing? I really didn't agree with it. But for the most part, I'm taking it like a man. I'm going to appeal it. We'll see what the future brings."

Any appeal would be heard and decided by Goodell.

Pacman thinks a year is extreme because he hasn't been charged with anything. Cincinnati receiver Chris Henry, a teammate of Jones at West Virginia, also was suspended. But Henry received an eight-game ban.

Jones, the sixth pick overall in the 2005 draft and the first defensive player taken that year, has talked with police 10 times since being drafted, and arrested five times. He has not been convicted of any charge since being drafted.

But Las Vegas police want to charge Jones for inciting a strip club fight Feb. 19 that led to a triple shooting. Jones also did not inform the Titans of two arrests in Georgia last year, and a felony obstruction charge for allegedly biting a Fayetteville, Ga., police officer was delayed until May.

Asked if he was being used as an example with the severe punishment, Jones agreed.

"Clearly you know for a guy that hadn't been charged, I'm clearly made to be the poster boy," Jones said.

Jones said his teammates have been calling him every day since news of the suspension. He said defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch has been a close friend over the past few days.

"What I'm going to do, I'm going to work out every day and make sure I'm in top-tip shape. But come Week 11, I plan on being back on the field," Jones said.

Titans owner Bud Adams said Tuesday they weren't sure they want Jones back unless he changes his behavior and avoids controversy off the field.

I was wondering when the appeal was going to come and I'm wondering if Henry is going to jump on this as well. It would seem like he would. I still say 8 games was a bit much and also agree with Jones that they were the poster children for the commish... That being said, I don't condone what they did (so get off it) and feel they should be punished, but there are other cases out there and I feel it was a bit harsh...

WHODEY !!!

I was wondering when the appeal was going to come and I'm wondering if Henry is going to jump on this as well. It would seem like he would. I still say 8 games was a bit much and also agree with Jones that they were the poster children for the commish... That being said, I don't condone what they did (so get off it) and feel they should be punished, but there are other cases out there and I feel it was a bit harsh...

WHODEY !!!

Yes, it's harsh, but the commissioner is obviously trying to send a message, so I doubt any appeals will will come to pass.

WHODEY !!!

Yes, it's harsh, but the commissioner is obviously trying to send a message, so I doubt any appeals will will come to pass.

I think they are paying literally for not knowing how t o behave, wether it be harsh or not, don't do the crime if you don't want to pay the consequences. In the past these guys continue to act up because they just got a smack on the hands. They make to much money to be doing such foolish things, if your gonna go out and drink rent a limo(you can afford it). Don't think because you play football you can wave guns reckleessly, and just act a plum fool. Maybe this will be a wake up call for them and others in the league.