what team is the team to watch out for

tjs

I knew San Francisco had a decent record last year and almost made the playoffs but look out for them. Believe it or not I think they can be a serious contender to win the NFC this year. Also, if Arizona finally lives up to all the expectations of those great players on offense they should be able to compete with SF in that divison.

I knew San Francisco had a decent record last year and almost made the playoffs but look out for them. Believe it or not I think they can be a serious contender to win the NFC this year. Also, if Arizona finally lives up to all the expectations of those great players on offense they should be able to compete with SF in that divison.

No kidding. I'm waiting for the schedule to come out so I can plan a west coast business trip around the SF game. Can't wait.

No kidding. I'm waiting for the schedule to come out so I can plan a west coast business trip around the SF game. Can't wait.

Now there's a hell of an idea...I'll probably be taking at least one trip to the bay area this year, might have to see if I can pull that one off.

Now there's a hell of an idea...I'll probably be taking at least one trip to the bay area this year, might have to see if I can pull that one off.

I hate Pittsburgh but I think they are the team to watch, those jokers are mad about being embarrassed last year.

I hate Pittsburgh but I think they are the team to watch, those jokers are mad about being embarrassed last year.

I would be mad to if my team colors were piss yellow and black and had to play in that s**t hole that they call pittsburgh ^_^

It will be San Fran, or the Titans

Titans is too easy. What did they do, finish the season 6-2 or something when they plugged Young in?

There weren't as many putrid teams this past year as in years past, so not many teams will be that much of a surprise - picking a 7-9 or better doesn't count for me. Cleveland, Oakland, Washington, Detroit, Tampa, and Arizona are the only teams that were 5-11 or worse. Add in 6-10 and you get Houston and the Vikings.

Lions: With another year of the Martz offense and improvement on D, the Lions could finally break through. Arizona has had the offensive talent for a few years now, but it's not clear if they'll ever buy a defense.

Oakland: Getting rid of Art Shell should make for 2 game improvement, but with a very inexperienced coach? Don't think so. Who's the QB? Rookie? Nah.

TB: I'm thinking TB could make a comeback if they can get a non-Simms QB on track, they have a high pick to get an instant difference-maker, could be better.

Washington: probably will be better - Campbell seems pretty good, they have a good defense.

Cleveland: Still not seeing direction for that franchise. Weak at nearly every offensive position. Not ready.

Arizona: Could break through at any point - next year or never. How quickly can Whisenhunt get rid of the candyasses?

Houston: Set themselves back by keeping Carr last year only to cut him now. Not feeling the hype on Schaub if their O-line still sucks.

Minnesota: O-line's good but everything behind it sucks.

How about picking for a nosedive? Norv Turner is steering the Chargers now and the Cowboys have Wade Phillips.

It will be San Fran, or the Titans

Lions: With another year of the Martz offense and improvement on D, the Lions could finally break through. Arizona has had the offensive talent for a few years now, but it's not clear if they'll ever buy a defense.

Arizona: Could break through at any point - next year or never. How quickly can Whisenhunt get rid of the candyasses?

I disagree about the defense of Arizona. Very underrated IMO. Denny Green just wasn't a very good coach for them. I think Whisenhunt will be a great fit for them. He knows how to work an offense and Arizona has a lot of talent on that side of the ball.

Everyone has been looking at Arizona as the breakout team for the past few years now... I think Whisenhunt will be the difference maker for them, but their offensive line has been nothing worth noting and whatever positive impact the new coach makes, I don't se it happening in year one. They will be improved, but nothing great this year...

The Lions ?? I've got one word for you... Millen

WHODEY !!!

I expect the Titans to either break even or lose ground this season, so I'll say the 49ers have the best chance among recent losing squads to break out and perform well. The Cardinals are always in this discussion, and if they draft well on the offensive line, maybe they'll be worth mention too. They rarely do, however.