What we should focus on this season

cinci_bengals

1.We need to get more envolved in the running game.Carson doesn't need to sneak the ball I am talking about Rudi.Rudi is a good back and Carson knows that,the team knows that.So we need to run him down their throats!I am hoping to see Rudi get the ball a little more and get a little better with it.

2.STOP THE FUMBLES!!!!Last season Rudi couldn't keep the ball in his hands and sometimes Chad couldn't either!If that happens to us next year, we could get knocked out of the playoff's in an instant!

3.Carson needs to start throwing it to the open guys.When some one comes at him he just throws the ball off or away.I am thinking that our o-line should stop letting that happen.

3.The defense needs to start getting more picks and sacks.Madieu Williams is a good example.He gets out there and gets the job done.So does Justin Smith, but what I'm saying is that there needs to be more guys out there like them that can do that.

4.The defense needs to start with more pass rush.If one of our guys runs up to a QB and bats it down.We need a fast guy that can run up, grab it and possibly return it for a touchdown.

5.Pressure, Shayne Graham is horrible with alot of weight on his shoulders.We need a good kicker like him but doesn't screw up when there's pressure coming down on him.

Anyone else got anything to improve on?

1.We need to get more envolved in the running game.Carson doesn't need to sneak the ball I am talking about Rudi.Rudi is a good back and Carson knows that,the team knows that.So we need to run him down their throats!I am hoping to see Rudi get the ball a little more and get a little better with it.

2.STOP THE FUMBLES!!!!Last season Rudi couldn't keep the ball in his hands and sometimes Chad couldn't either!If that happens to us next year, we could get knocked out of the playoff's in an instant!

3.Carson needs to start throwing it to the open guys.When some one comes at him he just throws the ball off or away.I am thinking that our o-line should stop letting that happen.

3.The defense needs to start getting more picks and sacks.Madieu Williams is a good example.He gets out there and gets the job done.So does Justin Smith, but what I'm saying is that there needs to be more guys out there like them that can do that.

4.The defense needs to start with more pass rush.If one of our guys runs up to a QB and bats it down.We need a fast guy that can run up, grab it and possibly return it for a touchdown.

5.Pressure, Shayne Graham is horrible with alot of weight on his shoulders.We need a good kicker like him but doesn't screw up when there's pressure coming down on him.

Anyone else got anything to improve on?

I'll take a crack at this...

First, I'd like to see more of Rudi as well, but will disagree with your thought of him having problems holding onto the ball. Rudi has been money holding onto the ball over the past few years and gave it up 6 times on 341 last season. We only lost 2 of those to turnovers. No issue there... As for Carson throwing the ball to an open guy, I say hell yeah, but I also have no problem with him throwing it away. Carson is a great decision maker on the field and I have no doubt that the majority of the time he lets one sail out of bounds, there was no one open. No issues there... You really need to stop with Shayne as well. Give the guy a break... He has been nothing but golden (Please leave the cereal reference alone) and made one (I know it was huge) mistake last year. No kicker is going to be perfect and when Shayne lines up, I'm pretty confident the ball is going through the uprights. His kickoffs have improved and was coming off a probowl season. There's NO reason he won't be back again next year. As for the defense, we could start in at damn near any position and find issues, this I will agree upon. I don't have enough time to go into depth, but will say if we don't draft some defensive studs and get some stellar play out of who we have, the playoffs won't be an issue to be concerned with and 8-8 will become a constant around these parts. I hate our f*cking defense !!! Please Marvin do something with the defense !!! Even a middle of the pack defense gets us to the Superbowl in my mind. Oh well, have a good day you guys !!!

WHODEY !!!

1. I think we need to get more creative in our offense. Last season there were times when the offense was out of sync and rhythm. Hopefully a healthy Tab Perry and Chatman will help. I also think they need to incorpoarate JJ in the offense more, especially on pass plays. Also, get more creative with McNeil. Not going deep to Chad at least twice a game is a crime.

2. My only knock on Palmer is he needs to protect the ball better when he's in the pocket. Hopefully after one year removed from knee surgery, I'll see more rollouts as well. Lastly, he needs to stop hanging his recievers out to dry. Henry, Chad, and Housh, all got smoked last year because of bad placemnet of the ball or poor decisions.

3. RJ is a fine. His avg. yard per carry will go up next year. If they can't get a scat back type in the draft, then they need to stop f**kin around and put Quincy Wilson as 3rd running back. I was impressed with him last preseason.

4. Shayne Grahm is still Money Grahm in my book. Plus it's hard to find a good kicker these days. They might want to coach McNeil up as a holder for certain situations.

5. I'm excited for the defense. Depnding on who falls, we'll most likely get a LB or DB in the 1st round. Either way have a nice mix of vets and young blood even with Thurman and Pollack out. It's not the talent I am worried about, it's the coaching. Nothing sickens me more than to watch the Bengals trying to play defense against the Colts and Patriots. Our defense needs to start dictating what the offense does. f**k this bend but don't break style of defense. We need to get more creative on defense scheme wise.

6. Chris Perry.......remember when Jamal Williams came out of no where and rocked him on the sidelines...damn. Anyways he would be the perfect back for us but he's always getting hurt. If he doesn't learn how to protect himself when he's running then he's done. He needs to look at some Marcus Allen tapes or something becaue his style of running is not good at NFL level. Takes too many unecessary hits.

7. I'm a little worried about special teams. We had some key losses during Free Agency. Hopefully we won't see Ratliff returning punts ever again.

But yeah, I'm excited, it's a new season. Last year it just wasn't meant to be. I was glad when they missed those fgs towards the end. We wouldn't have gone far in the playofffs anyways. I don't bitch about the FA because we already got our guys or will get them in the draft.

Looking forward to seeing:

Rucker, I live in L.A. and saw Rucker on a number of ocassions tackle people behind the line. Hopefully he can bring that to the next level.

Peko: the guy is fun to watch, I like a guy that doesn't stop until the whistle is blown. Reminds me of Blanka from Street Fighter. It's like this guy was meant to play for the Bengals with the hair and unis. I would make him a starter.

Ethan Kilmer: looks like we found "a football palyer".

I'm with billy.

Um he has kicked game winning fieldgoals before and if you were watching the bronco and steeler games those game winning Xtra pts wearn't his fault.

Round 1

CB,LB or SS mybe DT if Branch or Okoye are on the board

-I only list Okoye because I know I would be flamed otherwise by his nuthuggers.

Round 2

-What ever we don't draft in round 1

Round 4

If Soliai or Kevin Payne are on the board give me one of them ;)

After that its depth and people who can play special teams.

They might want to coach McNeil up as a holder for certain situations.

Good Idea. McNeal's speed would benefit should we attempt a Fake FG.

I was glad when they missed those fgs towards the end. We wouldn't have gone far in the playofffs anyways.

You can't be serious. Please don't tell me you didn't want to continue watching them because of draft position. It hurts me just to hear you say that. If the s**tsburgh Steelers can win the Super Blowed with a number 6 seed, we could've done some damage as well. You never know until you start playing the games.

I can't imagine any Bengals fan being 'glad' after the way that season ended.

ugh

Looking forward to seeing:

Rucker, I live in L.A. and saw Rucker on a number of ocassions tackle people behind the line. Hopefully he can bring that to the next level.

I'm in LA currently. Where do you go to get Bengals gear? I was on Venice Beach and this hat vending dude had ONE F'in bengals cap, that fugly 07 Draft cap. Makes me miss Ohio a bit......I shoulda brought my Bengals gear out here.

Peko: the guy is fun to watch, I like a guy that doesn't stop until the whistle is blown. Reminds me of Blanka from Street Fighter. It's like this guy was meant to play for the Bengals with the hair and unis. I would make him a starter.

ROFL. :lmao: If he only had that electricity charge Blanka had, he'd be getting into the backfield a LOT easier.

Too bad Blanka's Roll attack doesn't knock you down though. He could use the Electricity charge to stun the Center/Guards then charge up and crash into the QB with a Roll attack. :lol:

Ethan Kilmer: looks like we found "a football palyer".

co-signed.

Offense: Palmer's performance last season was pretty remarkable considering the circumstances, but too often his play was just slightly out-of-synch. His timing seemed to come and go from week to week and from receiver to receiver. Most damaging though was his sudden lack of pocket awareness....no doubt a result of the limitations placed upon him as he prepared for the season. In seasons prior Palmer routinely felt the pass rush coming and deftly avoided it by stepping up or sliding away from it, often with a single step or two. That outstanding ability simply wasn't there last season and the result wasn't reflected only in the sack statistics. The sight of defenders loading up and then successfully stripping the ball away from Palmer became all too common....and can't be repeated this season.

Defense: The focus has to be upon infusing youth into the defense. Granted, there's uncertainty almost everywhere now, but I warmly embrace any plan that includes blowing up a group of veteran players who had proved they would never perform at a high level. So expand the roles of Geathers and Peko along the line, let Brian Simmons go while commiting to the more punishing hitting ability of Ahmad Brooks, and continue adding young speed in the defensive secondary. And finally, identify which veteran defensive players need to be signed to contract extensions before next years free agency period nears...because the options there are only going to get increasingly worse and more expensive.

Sorry, I don't know how to quote.

"You can't be serious. Please don't tell me you didn't want to continue watching them because of draft position. It hurts me just to hear you say that. If the s**tsburgh Steelers can win the Super Blowed with a number 6 seed, we could've done some damage as well. You never know until you start playing the games.

I can't imagine any Bengals fan being 'glad' after the way that season ended."

All I'm saying is we basically needed to win one game out of the last three to secure a playoff spot, and we found a way to lose. That being said, I felt like we didn't deserve to make the playoffs. Losers find a way to lose. Plus the way we played against the Pats and the Colts............I did't want to see that matchup again. We simply did not have the horses on defense nor the coaching to win. But like they say, "any given Sunday" right ?

"I'm in LA currently. Where do you go to get Bengals gear? I was on Venice Beach and this hat vending dude had ONE F'in bengals cap, that fugly 07 Draft cap. Makes me miss Ohio a bit......I shoulda brought my Bengals gear out here."

Good like finding Bengal gear in Cali. Although I must say, in recent years it has gotten alot better due to the recent sucess of the Bengals. Me personally, if I want fresh Bengals gear, I usually have to order mine online.

"ROFL. If he only had that electricity charge Blanka had, he'd be getting into the backfield a LOT easier.

Too bad Blanka's Roll attack doesn't knock you down though. He could use the Electricity charge to stun the Center/Guards then charge up and crash into the QB with a Roll attack."

I'm telling you, he'll easily become a fan favorite on D if he puts up some numbers. Getting Peko in the 4th was a steal.