Trade of Justin Smith

bengal4life

I heard from a little bird that St. Louis was thinking about offering the Bengals first and third round picks for Smith. They said that Smith's play is not worth two first rounders. I have no proof of this, but I was wondering if anybody else has heard about it. I would consider it if the picks were both for this years draft and not one this year and one for next year.

No way this happens. I just can't see the Rams giving up the 13th pick and a third rounder for Justin. It would probably be a swap of firsts and a third if anything.

That said, if the Rams are stupid enough to offer their first and third for an above average DE and the Bengals don't jump on that immediately, we all need to gather together and go after Mike Brown's house with torches and pitchforks.

To bring together multiple threads today...how about we sweeten the deal by giving them Smith AND Thornton? Hmmmm?

Honestly, I think I would do that. Smith and Thornton gone, but give me #13 and a 3rd rounder this year.

A first (No. 13 overall) and third for Smith? Yeah, I think I'd do that. But the Rams can land a top DE prospect where they are so I don't see it.

Draft day trade?

See, now I have a whole new interest in the draft!

To bring together multiple threads today...how about we sweeten the deal by giving them Smith AND Thornton? Hmmmm?

I would do that in a New York minute. You'd definitely get either Okoye or Branch at 13 and still get the 18th + your 3rd rounder as well. Now, the Bengals signing two top 20 picks in the same year would be a different story...