Reds crush twins

WhoDeyForever

Reds 14, Twins 1

at Sarasota, Fla.

Saturday, March 3

Reds at the plate: Scott Hatteberg hit a two-run home run to right field in the first inning off Twins starter Boof Bonser. Hatteberg was 2-for-2 in the game. Josh Hamilton was 3-for-4 with two doubles, a single and a walk. Brandon Phillips added a solo home run to left field in the fourth inning off Jason Miller. Cincinnati collected 25 hits in the game, its first 20-plus hit exhibition game since 1994.

Reds on the mound: Reds No. 1 starter Aaron Harang allowed one earned run and five hits with no walks and two strikeouts in two innings. Left-hander Bobby Livingston, who is vying for the rotation's fifth spot, pitched two scoreless innings and allowed one hit and struck out two. Another rotation candidate, Victor Santos, also turned in two scoreless innings with one hit.

Grapefruit League records: Reds 3-0; Twins 0-3-1.

Up next: The Reds head to Bradenton on Sunday for a 1:05 p.m. ET game against the Pirates.

-----------------------

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/articl...sp&c_id=cin

Looks like Josh Hamilton is the real deal

That's for sure. I thought he would be. As long as he had his drug problems behind him he would be a star. He was a number 1 overall pick a couple years ago. B)

Unlike Henry, I think Hamilton learned his lesson.

There's a lot of optimism with the Reds this year. Even Steve Phillips said the Reds could contend for the NL Central title -- which we have if it wasn't for the second half of the season.

Josh is a gifted athlete, the best all around player on our team. It is going to take him a year or so to reach that status but we'll see a little bit here and there. A lot of people call him a long shot but I think he'll make it no matter what. I think he should start in right field and we should keep freel as the utility player.