Question for Bengalszone Forum

BENGALTHEM

from what Ive heard Palmer was the best to ever come out of college. thats something alone. I dont know how true it is but thats wha i head. Also Eli will grow to be a good quarterback but not a great quarterback like his older brother. I say this because hes gonna play for the chargers and i assume they will continue to be a crappy team for the next couple of years.

Im not sure about Palmer being the best ever....and I do know that doesnt translate into s**t in the NFL...Curtis Enis would still have a job....

But yeah, Palmer is well prepared and should have a long flourishing career

HE couldn't gotten a better coach to work with....

-who would you rather have on your team? Palmer

-who will have a better season next year? Palmer

-who do you think will be the better pro over time? Close, but i think Manning would be slightly better.

-and if Carson Palmer and Eli Manning were in the same draft, who would be the #1 pick? Manning

i disagree i think palmer would be drafted first because A he played for a major college B arm strength and C there was no doubt when he went first...eli might not go first.

If Eli's last name was something besides Manning would he be so highly thought of?

I haven't seem him play much but I watched Palmer in the Rose Bowl against Iowa in '03 and he convinced me that we should take him #1. I think Iowa was in the top 5 that year and he dominated them.

If Eli's last name was something besides Manning would he be so highly thought of?

i saw manning play quite a bit living in the south. i always thought he was very talented, but i was never sold on him as the top qb. it's hard to judge, though, because he never played on a really solid team like his brother and palmer.

Who knows. It's a great name and a great football family. The knowledge and advice he's getting is incredibly valuable and will increase the time he makes an impact on the league. He's got an edge up on the QBs with his mind because of relations with pa and bro. This is the kind of stat no one can get at a combine or a college workout.

If you say Palmer, you're a HOMER!!!

There's no way in hell to predict this.

I'll say they're about even in NFL Regular Season Games though. har har har!!!

Since the only way to judge this is collegiate years:

Palmer had only 8-10 GOOD Games his senior year. It took him 5 years to learn the offense. Plus, Carson Palmer wasn't very durable in college. The QB AFTER Palmer, at USC, took basically the same team to Co-National Championship status. When I look at him, I see the likeliness of Akili Smith.

Ole Miss would have been jackschit without Eli Manning--Manning took Ole Miss to the cusp of the SEC Title--barely missing it. Eli was just a little more than a 8-10 Game flash in the pan. Many analysts say he has better tools than his brother.

So, if you guys are basing the argument on college days, I would select Eli Manning on his worst day over Carson Palmer on his best.

If you say Palmer, you're a HOMER!!!

When I look at him, I see the likeliness of Akili Smith.

I would select Eli Manning on his worst day over Carson Palmer on his best.

Here's Akili's career numbers

1999-2002

Attempts: 461

Completions: 251

Pct.: 46.6

Yds.: 2212

TD: 5

Int: 13

Rating: 52.8

For the 21 players in Bengals history with over 50 attemps, Akili's QB rating is third lowest, finishing ahead of Gus Frerotte (46.1) and Scott Mitchell (44.0).

I don't think Palmer could be that bad if he tried.

We will save you a seat on the bandwagon, when Carson has 2200 yards passing at midseason.

Between Carson Palmer and Eli Manning,

-who would you rather have on your team?

-who will have a better season next year?

-who do you think will be the better pro over time?

-and if Carson Palmer and Eli Manning were in the same draft, who would be the #1 pick.

I'm looking for 'Big Ben' to be better than Eli, but we'll see... CP is the man with the tools to do it. Hopefully he executes!

Between Carson Palmer and Eli Manning,

-who would you rather have on your team?

-who will have a better season next year?

-who do you think will be the better pro over time?

-and if Carson Palmer and Eli Manning were in the same draft, who would be the #1 pick.

To answer my own question

-CP

-CP

-CP

-CP

:D