Reds Rivalries

Kirkendall

I was thinking, what teams do the Reds have or used to have a rivalry with. The one that I truly miss -- while it's not a rivalry anymore -- is the Reds-Dodgers matchup. But the ol' Pirates used to provide great games.

What do you guys think?

I too miss the Reds/Sparky Anderson and Dodgers/Tommy LaSorda rivalries. After watching this last game with the Cubs...this team may be our new rivals! Very entertaining game, even though we lost!

I have a personal vendetta toward the Cubs as of this afternoon back to back home runs by Alou and Sosa. I hated Sosa before, but I don't think I have cursed at the TV as much as I did today after his homerun. :angry:

We aren't real big with Cubs fans either. There seems to be quite the rivalry there .... on their part anyway, and I'm not sure where it came from.

Dodgers when LaSorda was the manager ........... classics B)

Now hold on. I work with several Cubs fans, and with the Reds it a friendly rivalry. I think it stems from the friendship Sammy and Junior share.

The club they tell me they really don't like is outside our division. Those insipid, tomahawk choppin, America's team claimin', Ted "The Turd" Turner owning Atlanta Braves!! I hate them as much as the Yankees myself! :lol:

Now hold on. I work with several Cubs fans, and with the Reds it a friendly rivalry. I think it stems from the friendship Sammy and Junior share.

The club they tell me they really don't like is outside our division. Those insipid, tomahawk choppin, America's team claimin', Ted "The Turd" Turner owning Atlanta Braves!! I hate them as much as the Yankees myself!  :lol:

It may be with those guys ..... I have " friendly " discussions with Bills fans too. I have heard references on Chicago radio stations and from fans in the city that weren't so friendly. The one that stuck with me was " I don't care where we finish as long as it's ahead of the Reds." Other cities they aren't too wild about ... Detroit ( Red Wings ) & Green Bay ( Packers ).

As for the Braves, Ted Turner and Hanoi Jane would be enough to turn anybody into a hater of anything they were connected to. I really dislike the owner more than the team. They actually have a great farm system and they rarely get burnt on deals they make. Good organization. s**thead owner ......... sound familiar ???????