Correction

Esiason#7

Just a minor correction to Josh Kirkendall's article on the 2004 schedule: The 1989 game played betwen the Bengals and Vikings was a 29-21 vikings win in Minnesota. The last Bengals home game on MNF was a 21-14 victory over the Browns in Riverfront. Its the game where rookie RBEric Metcalf of cleveland made that incredible fake out move on Eric Thomas to score a touchdown.

Actually it was a 28-21 loss to the Vikings, but you're right about the Cleveland game; at least I got the year right.  I guess doing my own research doesn't pay off!  :angry:

Hate to tell ya Kirk but the Media guide says 29-21. :(

Really? ABC Sports, MNF History section, said 28-21 so I'm not sure who's right or wrong.

Actually it was a 28-21 loss to the Vikings, but you're right about the Cleveland game; at least I got the year right.  I guess doing my own research doesn't pay off!  :angry:

Hate to tell ya Kirk but the Media guide says 29-21. :(

Really? ABC Sports, MNF History section, said 28-21 so I'm not sure who's right or wrong.

:( What's it really matter? It's still a painful loss. :(

It was 29-21. I remember Boomer threw a touchdown with about five minutes left to pull us within 22-21 of the Vikings. But I believe it was Hershal Walker had a long kickoff return, and a few penaltys put Minnesota in the endzone. I rememeber it so well for two reasons:

(1) It was Reggie Williams last game

(2) my step-dad was a freakin Vikings fan and he never let me live it down.

Someone refresh me--did the 1989 Cincinnati BENGALS go to the playoffs??? I thought they did.

I'm too busy (lazy playing video games) to look it up.

:D

Holy S**T!! Did "Barbarian" just say "Bengals!?! I think there's something wrong with my computer! :blink: I gonna reboot it to make sure!! :lol:

Someone refresh me--did the 1989 Cincinnati BENGALS go to the playoffs??? I thought they did.

If they win...they in! I think that game cost them a spot in the playoffs that year. The bad part was it was Christmas Day night and it seemed like it took forever to get there and then to lose and not make the playoffs after going to the SB the year before really sucked.

Yeah, Cincy finished 8-8 that year. If they had beaten the Vikings, they would have gotten in the playoffs instead of the Steelers. I remember because after each scoring play they would show the Steelers players gathered at a location to show their reaction. If I remember correctly, they also showed the Packers players also because if Minnesota had lost then Green Bay would have gotten into the playoffs also (with a little help from the "magic man" QB) Yeah that sucked to go from a Superbowl team to not making the playoffs.

Someone refresh me--did the 1989 Cincinnati BENGALS go to the playoffs???  I thought they did.

Holy S**T!! Did "Barbarian" just say "Bengals!?! I think there's something wrong with my computer! :blink: I gonna reboot it to make sure!! :lol:

Don't get too excited, the dips**t only said Bengals cause it was an older team...The idiot still refers the current team as the B word