Advance Auto Parts 500

BengalszoneBilly

Well this race, which is the weekend after Easter, is a short track, and I'm still sticking with Rusty Wallace. He's had two consecutive top 5 finishes, and this is at a short track, which is his strong suit!

And SURPRISE!!! I'm calling Kahne second again! What an impressive rookie!!

Kenseth third, Gordon fourth, Busch fifth! B)

Ah, home....Damn I love racing at Martinsville. Nothing beats it, I hate not being there come raceday...

My picks, are either Dale Jarrett or Kurt Busch, I think Kahne gonna have trouble cause that track is pretty brutal on young guys. I'd have to agreee with you about Rusty though, if any track is gonna help him break the streak it would be Martinsville, hell in the mid 90's Rusty ruled there....

Ah, home....Damn I love racing at Martinsville. Nothing beats it, I hate not being there come raceday...

My picks, are either Dale Jarrett or Kurt Busch, I think Kahne gonna have trouble cause that track is pretty brutal on young guys. I'd have to agreee with you about Rusty though, if any track is gonna help him break the streak it would be Martinsville, hell in the mid 90's Rusty ruled there....

You forgot 3rd, 4th, and 5th placers! Must be that good beer you're drinkin' down there!

Budweiser SUCKS!! :angry: King of Beers!?! My Ass!! :lol::lol:

You forgot 3rd, 4th, and 5th placers! Must be that good beer you're drinkin' down there!

Budweiser SUCKS!! :angry: King of Beers!?! My Ass!! :lol::lol:

Ah beer :D , I need a smiley that drools...

Anyway, I didn't know we were picking 3rd, 4th and 5th.....Gordon, Wallace, Jr...

Hate to say it, but Kenseth will be lucky to crack the top 10, especially if he can't qualify well there.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to go with Kahne, but he didn't do well at Bristol; but it wasn't his fault so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Here's my top three in no order, I just want to pick the winner.

1. Busch

2. Wallace

3. Kahne

Yea, other than Kahne, I kind of took the Bristol results. I'm happy Nextel is back this weekend.

Man I have NEVER seen a race delayed for more than 90 minutes because the track came apart!! I'm all for racing the historic old tracks...but if this is what you get because it's too old, repave the entire track or move the race! :angry: That was bulls**t! Totally killed the race. If Martinsville is too cheap to provide a safe racing surface, screw 'em. The racing there ain't that good anyway, the may as well name it the Jeff Gordon Speedway! I've seen faster bicycle races! :lol:

Sorry kevnz...your track wasn't up to the job today. :wacko:

Well that's shocking I must say. Normally it's a great track surface wise. Maybe she was just a little upset at the way Gordon had been running and had to teach him a lesson.

And Martinsville isn't cheap they are forever adding things to make it a better facility. I can promise you it won't happen again.