My Dream Draft

1st. Vince Wilfork DT or Will Smith DE. I would love it if either of these guys fell to us. We really need help on the D line and these are two multi-dimensional players who can stop the run and rush the QB. If they were both available i would have the choose Smith as the are lot of quality run stuffers to be found later in the draft. We have a tiny bit of depth behind Thornton and Williams but we have no depth behind Clemons. Speaking of him, Smith would make Clemons a situational pass rusher where he could thrive. If we bulk up the line don't be surprised if it is still Clemons who leeds the team in sacks.

2nd. Matt Ware CB/FS. This guy perfectly fits into our system. Tall corner/safety with plently of range. The kind of player which Marvin and Frazier covert. Ran about a 4.45-4.48 I think so he has enough speed. Just imagine our secondry with him opposite James. We would have an average hight of about 6-2.

3rd A. Demorrio Williams OLB. I hear Marv loved this guy at the senior bowl. Some say he's as good as John Vilma and therefore would be a great find in the 3rd, which is where he's rated because of his size. He's bulked up to about 230 and can still run like before (4.5 at the combine). He's a better tackler than Michael Boulware and gets much more production. He copuld eventualy replace Hardy.

3rd B. Junior Savaii DT (sp?). Huge, montrous run stuffer. The Tony Siragusa type that MArvin has been looking for. Would instantly demand double teams simply because of his size and strength, opening it up for Smiths of the ends. I hear that Marv likes Isaac Spoaga as he attended the Hawaii pro day but he will probably be gone by now.

Junior Siavii

Pros: Junior is HUGE, strong, physical, mean, nasty, has a great motor, work ethic, and power. He is quick for a guy his size and is dominate against the run. Is athletic and is progressing rapidly in his improvement in all areas.

Cons: He is another JuCo transfer which leaves him with a lot of technique work ahead of him but in this case because of his extreme physical tools, size, strength, power, athleticism, and attitude, he will develop fine.

6"4" 344lbs the guy is animal!

Matt Ware

Pros: Awesome prospect who combines size, speed and athletic ability to shut down a receiver. Can play corner or safety in the NFL. Outstanding in coverage a good tackler and good character kid. Fluid in transition and able to jam at the line. Can still get eve

Cons: A little raw because of the position changes and summers spent playing pro baseball (Drafted by the Mariners.) A few minor injuries that will need to be checked out. Would need to improve as a tackler if he remains at Safety. May need to improve his speed

Draft Exchange Analysis:

Pro Day Update :

HEIGHT:6.02.2

WEIGHT:210

225# REPS:15

40 AVERAGE:4.50

SHORT SHUTTLE:4.33

LONG SHUTTLE:11.47

3 CONE:4.22

VERTICLE:39.5

LONG JUMP:10'1"

COMBINE UPDATE:

HEIGHT:6.02.3

WEIGHT:210

225# REPS:15

40 AVERAGE:DNR

VERTICAL:DNJ

*JUNIOR PROSPECT - DECLARED

Well rounded player in every aspect of the game, just needs to be placed at one position and clean up the rough edge’s. The sky’s the limit for his success in the NFL. Has the pure size and natural ability to be a dominant fixture in an NFL secondary and still has room to grow.

THese are two very interesting picks....6'2" is a +++++

My dream draft - would include a Dillon trade for a 2nd rounder.

1.Will Smith De Ohio st.

2(a).Donnell Washington dt Clemson

2(B).Derrick Strait cb Oklahoma

3(a). Sean Jones s Georgia

3(B). Alex Stepanovich c/g ohio st.

4. Maurice Clarett rb Ohio St.

5. Marcell Almond cb U.S.C.

6. Jordan Carstens dt Iowa st.

7. Kris Wilson te Pittsburgh

-- but that's why they call them dream' drafts. :lol:

I actually think he's by far one of the better interior lineman in this years draft... He'll probably go higher than the 6th round. But he's about 6-4/ 310 and moves pretty well.. 5.02 in the '40.

- He's got good production numbers, and at worse would take a year to develop into a starter.

By the way, what happened to our Mock Draft predictions that BillyBroome pinned?

I ditched it until a few days before the draft. Too many things happening right now for it even to be worth a decent guess. It'll be back up, but I'd like input from everybody on how it should be set up.

Should we pick the first three, or go even deeper. You experts tell me what's do-able. I'm a real novice here compared to you troopers! B)

Since it's going to be done right before the draft..

* everyone post their 8 selections.

* when the draft comes - have a "top 5" players available poll for each selection..

example. Round 1, we landed Vince Wilfork DT, Miami Fla.

--# 49 is coming up next who should we draft that's still available ?

1.Donnell Washington

2.Matt Ware

3.Sean Jones

4.Chris Snee

5.Chad Lavalais

And do this for each round. -

*-* Also a full round mock done pick by pick for the first round done like a poll. * i.e. - 32 people get to select for each squad..one by one, and you can only post once. like a vote.

Since it's going to be done right before the draft..

* everyone post their 8 selections.

* when the draft comes - have a "top 5" players available poll for each selection..

example. Round 1, we landed Vince Wilfork DT, Miami Fla.

--# 49 is coming up next who should we draft that's still available ?

1.Donnell Washington

2.Matt Ware

3.Sean Jones

4.Chris Snee

5.Chad Lavalais

And do this for each round. -

*-* Also a full round mock done pick by pick for the first round done like a poll. * i.e. - 32 people get to select for each squad..one by one, and you can only post once. like a vote.

Thanks Chris. Thank makes alot more sense than the layout I had. I'll pin this topic today. It's as good a place to start as any!

Everybody who would like to participate please make your best guess along Chris's aformentioned layout. I think it'll be really interesting to see who comes closest come draft day! :D

With regard to the draft itself, I understand it's televised in the States. Does anyone know if it's going to be shown on NASN, because I've got that channel from my cable provider and the rest of the United Kingdom's tv channels don't acknowledge the existence of football at the best of times...

With regard to the draft itself, I understand it's televised in the States. Does anyone know if it's going to be shown on NASN, because I've got that channel from my cable provider and the rest of the United Kingdom's tv channels don't acknowledge the existence of football at the best of times...

Hey UK, I'm not aware of any live coverage of the draft outside of the U.S., except for maybe Canada or Mexico. I will say the chatroom here at "Bengalszone" will most likely be up and running as the draft progresses. You will certainly be kept informed up to the minute here! Just log on to this link:

http://www.bengalszone.com/chat/

with a java enabled browser on draft day! See you then! B)

Hey UK, I'm not aware of any live coverage of the draft outside of the U.S., except for maybe Canada or Mexico. I will say the chatroom here at "Bengalszone" will most likely be up and running as the draft progresses. You will certainly be kept informed up to the minute here! Just log on to this link:

http://www.bengalszone.com/chat/

with a java enabled browser on draft day! See you then! B)

Keep in mind though, the Chat room doesn't fire up until Terry connects it, so no one can use it right now. I imagine he'll have it up and running about an hour before the first pick.

Keep in mind though, the Chat room doesn't fire up until Terry connects it, so no one can use it right now. I imagine he'll have it up and running about an hour before the first pick.

Hey Josh, the chatroom is up and running 24-7 it seems. I've logged in there a few times in the past week, and I'm logged in there now as we speak. I wonder if Terry is aware of this? :blink:

Hey Josh, the chatroom is up and running 24-7 it seems. I've logged in there a few times in the past week, and I'm logged in there now as we speak. I wonder if Terry is aware of this? :blink:

Are you serious? I just tried and couldn't get in. Maybe he has it scheduled for certain times...

Nope.  I'll bet my works' firewall is blocking it.. damned government.

That's probably it. Try from home after work.

Can't. I'm hitting the links here in about an hour and then I'm going on a 36 hour drinking binge... if I die, you can have Playboy featuring Tory Wilson and Sable (HOT DAMN!)