Trade evalution

duus

So, I have run a league in Pissburgh for 15 years. Of course, half the league is made up of Steeler fans, but, what the heck, I get by.

Over the years, I have broken a fantasy rule and have held to a longstanding rule that I will never a own a Steeler. Perhaps not wise from a fantasy perspective, but I have won multiple championships anyway.

On the to the question ...

I have both CJ and Palmer. Don't ask ... it just happened. Call me a homer, but I couldn't pass it up this year during the draft. But my RBs are weak, which is not good. I have Branch hopefully going to help, so I feel like I might trade CJ for the right price. It actually doesn't bother me as much as I still have Palmer. The trade? Well, it's with a bigtime Steeler maniac and I feel like I would get the best of it but wanted to run it by you:

Players I give up --> RB Westbrook + RB Buckhalter + RB Bush + R CJohnson

Players I get --> RB Barber + RB Dunn + R SMoss + R JHorn

It's basically a performance league, with TDs and yardage both giving points. You are forced to start 3 RB and 3 R (no TE). My other RBs are TJones and MBarber. My other Rs are MJones, DBranch, and CHenry. BTW ... for what it is worth, the reason the trade can include an uneven number of RBs vs. Rs coming and going is that I introduced this concept of a Practice Squad many years ago. We simply draft a few extra guys at whatever position you feel. Makes it pretty fun to promote guys, etc. There are limits, and a timeframe exists where we are forced to drop these guys, etc.

So, what do you think?

I don't like the trade... I'd be willing to part with Chad, because of his usually unimpressive TD totals... but I don't think losing he, Bush, and Westbrook is worth the tradeoff. The only sure-fire hit you'd be getting is Warrick Dunn, but he's on a team that runs the ball with three different people. Santana Moss isn't going to do anything with a washed up Brunell, Marion Barber will be very inconsistent as a 3rd down back, and Joe Horn is on an inconsistent team...

Being weak at RB always makes the season more challenging, but I don't think that trade would really do much to fix the problem.

I say don't do it.

Oh, well then damn!

Do it! :lol:

Yeah, I feel I am getting the really nice part of this one! And he is a Steeler fan no less. Makes it nice.

One problem ... he says that he must be able to trade CJ to allow the trade to occur. He wants to use CJ as bait to get a couple Steelers or something. I don't know the whole of it, but I'm hoping he gets some takers.

Oh, well then damn!

Do it! :lol:

I'll jump in and second that. If you're weak in RBs, Tiki and Dunn will go a long way to shoring you up there. Plus, I'd guess you'll play all 4 guys pretty much every week, whereas you're giving up only 2 solid every-week starters (though I'm sure you've been playing Bush, too).

I guess the one caveat is that it seems like you might be giving up a lot at WR. SMoss is languishing on a crappy team (although maybe things turn around when Portis comes back?) and Joe Horn... well, he's old and he plays for the Saints. But over the past 6-7 years he's been about as consistent a WR as you could find. So losing CJ is a big step down. But at least you have Henry to catch the love from Carson!