Dillon a Bengal in 05' ?

Jonboat

Oh no , say it ain't so, bengals .con quoted ML. saying he's prepared to have Dillon back in the mix w/ Rudi next year also, said Dillon knows the rules & has to abide by them. I' m sure he was just saying the political stuff since no trade has been made / announced , but that's a scary thought isn't it? Having him on the sideline next year ! HELL NO CORYS GOTTA GO!!! GO BENGALS!! Jonboat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to believe that Marvin would actually keep CD if they can't get good value for him. I know it's scary, but maybe his value increases when a playoff team loses their running back mid-season. I would hate to see that cancer back in the locker room, but his bid to try and force a trade could just piss Marvin off enough that he keeps him and let's him watch R-U-D-I break all of his records while he rides the bench. :lol:

You gotta wonder what got Dillon all jacked up. The guy was injured and just couldnt get it done. Lewis tried putting him in and gave him the chance. I think all the crowd chants of RUDI must have got him all bent out of shape. Thats just us routin a guy on and hey RUDI was kick-a$$. Im in no mood for CD antics. The guy has no class and is a far cry from a team player. He is right up there with Pickens in my book and we all know what happened to him. Keep your fingers crossed we get something for him but I cant see CD ever suiting up in stripes again.

You guys are forgettin' something-- If Dillon is a Bengal for the next 2 seasons.. who do you think ML is gonna' start..?

* Dillon of course. Dillon is the better runningback. He may not be the crowd favorite, but when he's healthy, he's by far one of the most consistent , and powerful running backs in the league.-

-- Unless a trade is worked out, I don't see Mike Brown parting with 4 million to a guy , that could be playing for him.

no way will we cut dillon, hes worth 4 mill vs the cap and hell brown is fighting for that much at the owners meeting, no way he'll just throw that away. If we cant get good value for dillon, hes taking over half the snaps next year, thats if he shows up....

EdwardG, COREY HAD A GROIN INJURY!!!!!!! That is a major contributor to the "poor play"! CD injured his groin on that wonderful substance Mike Brown calls "grass". The turf at PBS is the worst in the league!!!

He came back at the end of the season to have a couple of decent games.

Furthermore, some of you guys on here need to get a clue--whenever a player comes back from injury, he shouldn't lose his job because of it.

THAT'S WHY COREY DILLON WAS PISSED OFF!!! I don't blame him for being pissed one bit!!!

However, CD shouldn't have called out his coach and his Right Tackle on the Worst Damned Sports Show.

THAT WAS IDIOTIC, COREY.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Furthermore, some of you guys on here need to get a clue--whenever a player comes back from injury, he shouldn't lose his job because of it.

What about coming off a career year only to have a #1 pick take your job? (sorry, that was a shameful Kitna reference).

Dillon got injured, Rudi came up and performed better. If he was truly injured the whole season, why did he keep complaining about not getting enough carries. Is he an idiot? Does he not know the common phrase of simple "logic". Players are replaced all of the time because of injuries, mostly due to finances but it happens a lot. So to say you don't lose your job b/c of injury is a bit naive, just ask Trent Green or Kurt Warner or even Priest Holmes. It happens. It sucks for that player, no doubt.

Dillon didn't loose his starting slot because of an injury. He lost it because when he tried to come back, he didn't get the job done. He lost it because Rudi DID get the job done. He lost it because he took himself out of games. He lost it because he's a punk with a bad attitude and Marvin don't play dat!

If he's back, it WONT be as the starter.

I know Corey had a groin injury. Maybe he'll come back and be a productive starter. I don't know. But I don't buy Corey as a legitimate starter anymore, because he just isn't consistent enough to be an every down back. Every other play he gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage. It is difficult to run a good offense when your feature back often gets tackled for a loss. Rudi fits the offense much better, and he is the better runner, so we are going to stick with him.

I want Dillon GONE.

I'm not saying he isn't talented,but Rudi proved he could get the job done.He also has three things going for him,he is younger,cheaper,and more importantly QUIETER than Dillon.

I can only speak for myself,but I'm sick of Dillons self-centered rants and tirades.Let him be someone else's headache and clubhouse cancer.

I'll have to disagree with you Ed G. ! Corey Dillon has allways been the type of runner to fall forward after hits, and many a times give a 'lick himself.- He has by far one of the meanest stiff arms ever seen in the nfl. His production went down due to a groin tear..

-much like the one Pickens had at the end of the 98 or 99 season. How you can think Corey isn't an everydown back anymore after one season with a nagging injury considering he's played every season with a dislocated Knee cap is beyond me.

- Before last season, he averaged 1152 yards a season and 6 rushing touchdowns. at 4.3 yards a carry. He's still only 29 and won't be 30 till after the trade deadline in October.

- The only knock on CD is his attitude. Anyone that thinks Corey couldn't beat out Rudi' for a starting job is still waiting on the 'white rabbit ' to show back up. :D

I don't doubt his ability when healhty but I wonder about his sanity sometimes! Ijust can't understand his thinking I mean here we are starting to turn the corner & he not only wants out, in the middle of a contract he signed, but then rips the coach & Anderson who helped him get the yards he has! Maybe he was trying to tick MB & ML off enough that they'd let him go for less than what they want also, don't he know the reason there not the interest he thought there was gonna be is because of his piss poor attitude. It's a shame because he does have so much talent but , having said that I trust ML to make the right decision . I would be happy with a 3rd round pick especially since we got another 3rd as comp for Takeo. Sorry to ramble on but CD drives me nuts with this crap!! GO BENGALS!! Jonboat P.S this is a great site!!

Dillon's rushing yards for the last 6 games of 2002(healthy):60,70,55,59,126,53. The 126 came against the Saints and they quit playing a couple of weeks before this game.

The fact is Dillon is not the same Dillon you "supporters" claim he is. He has been falling off for some time. Compare length of runs with Rudi and tell me who is the better back. If you want to say Corey was a better back 3 years ago compared to Rudi now then you might have a point. People claiming that Corey is better than Rudi now have no clue and have'nt been watching the games.