Griffey strained right calf

middy19

Ken Griffey Jr. strained his right calf while running out a groundball Monday night and left the Cincinnati Reds' game as a precaution.

Not sure how serious it is but this is just what the Reds need.

You GOT to be joking. :blink:

And great avatar.

sorry guys....but the never ending saga....grif is a great guy.....BUT.....it just isn't happening here for him. last winning season was before he arrived. nothing personal.....but i do hope for HIS and OUR sake he gets traded some where and all benefit. go reds

Yeah , I have to agree, I think Grif jr. did rely too much on his natural talent, and didn't prepare his body for his 30's.

He's taking a pounding playing Baseball, and that don't make sense unless you're a catcher. I'll give him credit though, everytime he gets hurt, he's trying to make a play.

He's kind of like a Boxer, that doesn't know when to hang up the gloves.. like Holifield. Sure he still looks the part, but after 20 + years of taking the hits, his mind can't comprehend what his body won't do anymore.

cant we do griffey like a wounded horse, shoot his ass and put him out of his misery. My god, he tried to turn to run to first for godsake. MY GRANDMA COULD DO THAT WITHOUT GETTING INJURED!!!!!!!

Ken Griffey Jr. strained his right calf while running out a groundball Monday night and left the Cincinnati Reds' game as a precaution.

Not sure how serious it is but this is just what the Reds need.

Well it must not have been too bad. He just took Maddux deep for a two run homer in the third inning! Please God let Junior be a force this year!! B)