Norman Hand DT released.

chrishcovga

Well If Marvin Lewis , is still interested in bringing in a veteran defensive tackle, here his chance.

--Norman Hand, former All pro with the Saints, was just released by the Seattle Seahawks.

--Hand has never really been a great pass rusher, but he is very adept at clogging running lanes.

This is his link from NFL.com It'll tell you his career stats.

--If anyone remembers him from his days with the Saints a few years back, he could be worth bringing in as insurance !

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3571

Gardner is a timb bomb. He has Coreys attitude as well...He plays when he wants to and that's pretty damn seldom. The only coach to ever get anything out of him was caoch Lewis, that's why his name keeps popping up. I would rather see Hand than Gardner in stripes, of course Gardner would be okay if he signed for the vet minimum and maybe had some incentives built in to his contract

Gardner is a timb bomb. He has Coreys attitude as well...He plays when he wants to and that's pretty damn seldom. The only coach to ever get anything out of him was caoch Lewis, that's why his name keeps popping up. I would rather see Hand than Gardner in stripes, of course Gardner would be okay if he signed for the vet minimum and maybe had some incentives built in to his contract

Gardner signing for minimum may not be as far fetched as it sounds. I read a blurb from an interview with him where he acknowledged the problems he'd been having and said that he knew he would have to go somewhere and prove that he could still perform before seeking the payday.

My biggest worry would be that he'd be great for year 1 and then revert to form after landing the payday. After reading what you guys had dug up on him ............ he still sounds a little to iffy for my liking.

Gardner signing for minimum may not be as far fetched as it sounds. I read a blurb from an interview with him where he acknowledged the problems he'd been having and said that he knew he would have to go somewhere and prove that he could still perform before seeking the payday.

My biggest worry would be that he'd be great for year 1 and then revert to form after landing the payday. After reading what you guys had dug up on him ............ he still sounds a little to iffy for my liking.

Well Gardner has said he would love to play for Coach Lewis again, and I have a feeling that Coach Lewis is the only one out there that will touch him, unless a team get's desperate...He's the kind of player you never give a big signing bonus too though. Put incentives in his contract, make his erratic ass earn it....Of course I think every pro player should make most of thier money by incentives....earn it damn it.

I have nothing against Gardener and it appears he responds to Marvin - but the bottom line is Gardener won't be available until summer and Hand, who fits our needs perfectly, is available now. He'd make a good consolation prize, IMHO, and it would be nice to reduce the priority of either CB or DT before draft day.

But I'm with ditty on this one: take 'em both! Now that would be a major upgrade to the d-line.

My Ideal draft for Cincy' would be to land Wilfork or Smith/Udeze in round 1. and Odom,or Washington/Lavalais in round 2.----

--If we could get that extra pick between 17 and 49,we could take care of a corner need.

We can always add a center or guard later,but 2 d-lineman and a corner are needed right away.

My vote is for neither.

In New Orleans, Norman Hand was signed to be a constant "run stuffer". Well, they didn't get what they bargained for. New Orleans had one of the worst run defenses in the NFL....and they had 2 fat asses up front--Norman Hand and Grady Jackson!!!

I'm glad that the Bungles didn't try to sign Grady Jackson last year after New Orleans cut him last year.

Both are big pieces of s**t!!! They both have problems with weight. Norman Hand is wayyyyyy overweight and can't play every down.

Gardner is over-priced, overrated, and has a very big ego. Since Mike Brown is cheap, you might as well forget about signing Gardner....it isn't happening.

I say draft a Defensive Tackle with the 1st pick of the draft!!!

;)