kirk qb poll

halp

hey, would have liked a ; both are the best choice. ok, so i'm indecisive. can't be. i made a decision!!!! ;)

I can see your point. An extremely tough choice indeed. Both were equally as good skill wise, I mean c'mon, they both led their respective teams to the pinnacle of the sport, and both nearly won it. The ONLY reason I picked Anderson over Esiason was the incredible NFL completion percentage record that Anderson still holds to this day! B)

As for me Billy:

Anderson to this day is the most accurate passer I have ever seen from 30 yards in...!! I know Boomer had the stronger arm and was incredible w/ the play-action fake, but Anderson was like a 90% free throw shooter... At their pinnacle they both had fantastic offensive players around them, but I think Boomer had more of such skills surrounding him for his Bengals tenure then did Ken, yet Ken was always a "top-rated-efficiency" passer... Just put Ken Anderson in that San Fran offense and see if he isn't just as prolific as Joe Montana was.... Boomer wasn't as consistent, but was more dynamic as he hit the deep ones very well - mainly due to how great the Bengals ran the ball in he mid-late 80's... I obviously thin Ken was the better of the two, but it depends on what type of QB you want, as they were completely different...

i'm a newcomer to this site and a 32-year-old bengal fan. maybe i'm wrong, but, to me, the only reason why boomer is winning this fan poll is because the majority of the voters didn't see ken anderson play. as my peers will surely attest, ken deserves to be in the hall of fame, no question about it. simply put, if you average his numbers out against other qbs, he was the most accurate passer in the history of the NFL. THE HISTORY! while i liked boomer, he was, well, just okay. (honestly, when he had time in the pocket, didn't you think he was going to overthrow eddie brown over the middle?) kenny carried his team, year after year. please, other 30-somethings and 40 somethings, speak up now about our man who should be in the hall...

this is a disgrace!

i'm a newcomer to this site and a 32-year-old bengal fan. maybe i'm wrong, but, to me, the only reason why boomer is winning this fan poll is because the majority of the voters didn't see ken anderson play. as my peers will surely attest, ken deserves to be in the hall of fame, no question about it. simply put, if you average his numbers out against other qbs, he was the most accurate passer in the history of the NFL. THE HISTORY! while i liked boomer, he was, well, just okay. (honestly, when he had time in the pocket, didn't you think he was going to overthrow eddie brown over the middle?) kenny carried his team, year after year. please, other 30-somethings and 40 somethings, speak up now about our man who should be in the hall...

this is a disgrace!

You obviously saw both Ken and Boomer play as it happened, as did I...!! I think our opinion is close to the same regarding Ken... I just cannot believe Ken Anderson is not in the Hall of Fame - that shows what a political honor it really is...it is literally ridiculous...!!

Politics.. you want to hear a story about the politics of the Hall of Fame balloting.

---Harry Carson the former linebacker of the New York Giants recently told the selection committee to remove his name from next year's ballot , and from all future ballots. -His main reason for doing so, is because he's grown tired of being on the final 15 choices before the final cut the last 9 years straight. While he admits many players have had to wait longer , The growing frustration of the People that make the choices ( especially in N.Y.) have left a bitter taste in his mouth ,so he simply is walking away from it.

---Harry, we Bengal fans feel your pain, but you're one individual.The Cincinnati Bengals can't get worthy hall of Famers elected simply because our franchise was run by an idiot for the last 14 years !

Ken Anderson--2 time MVP. Numerous NFL man of the Year awards. 32,000+ yards passing. etc..

Ken " the Rattler " Riley--- 63 career interceptions. 5th on the all time list. Played his entire career with one team.

---These two deserve it before anyone else.

I am so glad to see someone stepping up to vote for Kenny.

As I said on the other thread, I have no doubt that most people who are saying Boomer without a doubt are guys who are too young to have seen Ken Anderson. Virtually everyone that I know who have seen both say KA without a doubt.

Kenny should absolutely be in the Hall of Fame!

Boomer to me is borderline at best.

Sorry Boomer, I love you, but you are not Ken Anderson.

Frankly, I think even Boomer would agree.

Before we get into wide receivers, if Isaac Curtis is left off of this team it will be a travesty. By far the best receiver in Bengal history!!

Chuck Taylor

I think Boomer77 hit it dead on. Boomer is winning because most of the people on here probably never saw Anderson play. I've been a Bengals fan since 1984. Boomer is my favorite player without a doubt. Now I think overall, Kenny probably was the overall better QB. But if I had to choose an all-time Bengals team, and watch them play a game, I would choose Boomer because I love to watch him play. He was tough, and I love the way he talked to his players in the huddle. I've got all kinds of film of Boomer from the 80's and just listening to the way he commanded the huddle....well, I just love it. Like in that 97 game when Cincy was down 30-0 in Tennesee and Blake was taken out. Boomer stepped into the huddle and said something along the lines of "I'm not gonna be getting sacked over and over on national TV so if you guys aren't looking at me when I throw then your gonna get football in the back of the helmet". I loved when he talked trash. i rememeber in the 1988 game at Houston when Cincy was down Chris Dishman stepped over a sacked Esiason and said "Your in the house of pain Boomer, its over!" Boomer simply said "Why don't you go over there and start covering Eddie Brown one on one so we can get back in this thing real quick". I love the guy, and love to watch his fire and determination. So thats why I would vote for Boomer to start the all time Bengals team. Because I love to watch him play. However I do think Kenny anderson was the more complete QB and think he should be in the Hall of Fame.

i'm a newcomer to this site and a 32-year-old bengal fan. maybe i'm wrong, but, to me, the only reason why boomer is winning this fan poll is because the majority of the voters didn't see ken anderson play.

myself included....I rarely saw Boomer, when he came back from his tour of duty....having said that, I'm not voting on the QB slot at all....I don't think it would be fair....I've never seen Collinsworth, Curtis, or Munoz play....I'm only 23 and I didnt get into football for quite a while.....

You went to the first Superbowl?? Wow, that must have been pretty freakin exciting! Closest I came to that was going to the 88 AFC championship game. By the way, sorry I've been out of pocket for awhile but I just got back from Kuwait just recently, so I plan to make post more regularly. Good to be back in the United States!!!

Before we get into wide receivers, if Isaac Curtis is left off of this team it will be a travesty.  By far the best receiver in Bengal history!!

I agree about Kenny Anderson, Isaac Curtis and Ken Riley.

I believe that Isaac has more yardage or Yards per catch than Lynn Swann. But all of the pub the Steelers got in the Super Bowl helped Swann into the HOF. He did make some great catches in the SBs but I think Curtis was everybit his equal if not better.

We've beaten the Kenny Anderson thing to death here but if you never really saw him play then it is hard to pick him instead of Boomer.

The knock on KA is that he was a "dink and dunk" passer but he averaged over 7 yards per completion which rates up there with many others in the HOF. Also back in the 70's a 300 yd passing day was not the norm but he had his share of those. The other problem was the lean years in the middle of his career in the later 70's after Paul Brown retired and Bill Walsh left.

I believe that Ken Riley is still in the top 10 on the NFL all time INT list. That should be enough right there.

My biggest gripe with the FB HOF versus the BB HOF is that the NFL seems to favor players from the name teams versus letting an individuals accomplishments get them in. Too many Steelers, Raiders and Dolphins. Were those guys all that great individually or were they a product of playing for great teams??

I never saw Ken Anderson play (too young, me) but I did watch Boomer and I have to echo the thoughts of others on here about his temprement and attitude towards the game. I love trash talking and the players who do it well, so Boomer is my kinda guy. Having said that, if there are Bengals fans of longer service than myself saying that Ken was better then I trust you. I vote for Ken, but Boomer's getting some snaps!