Quote from Dillon

Noxiously

I don't know if anyone read this or not but just wanted everyone here to see what Dillon had to say about when he gets healthy again.

“I don’t know who is going to get it, but somebody is going to get it,” Dillon said. “It’s going to be something serious, it’s going to be (bleep) and vinegar, son. I’m hot. Believe me, they’ve thrown a little gasoline on that fire. I am (bleeped) off. I’m going to be nothing humble when I get back. It’s me being ticked off at the world again, and this time I’ve got good reason to be ticked off. I don’t know who’s going to get it, but somebody is going to get it.”

Sounds good to me, that's what I wanted to hear from him, Dillon being pissed off is a good thing. When he's pissed he runs like a beast. Hopefully what he says is true though, especially if it is against the Ravens after the bye week.

I smiled at that quote, too (and the earlier, not-so-veiled slams at Mikey, in the same story). Good to see Corey fired up.

The quote on bengals.com that really got *me* fired up, tho, was this one from Marvin:

We moved on at about 1:35 in that (meeting) room today, when I went through the film and showed that we are not the ’68 Packers yet,” Lewis said. “It’s always going to be that way.

“The hammer went down yesterday at the end of the football game. All that did was give us more legitimacy to what we’re doing. The better you practice, the better you play. When we play well, we’re going to practice harder the next week. We’re not going to ease up. We’re not where we need to be,” Lewis said.

Compare that with the we-win-take-a-day-off attitude of LeBlow and Coslet. Sometimes it amazes me that we managed to win as many games as we did in the last 12 or 13 years with dingbats like them in charge.

But Lewis...Lewis is forging a weapon of mass destruction here. It will probably take more than just this season to temper it to a keen edge, but when his work is done the Bengals aren't just going to win, they're going to obliterate the other guys.

That's true. I'm still a little reluctant though on being so positive about the Bengals. You know how it is, they start to look good, your hopes rise so far up and then WAM, something stupid happens and you get tossed back down to the bottom of the pit again having to live through all the jokes and slamming you get for being a Bengals fan.

Lets go Marvin, lets get these Bengals back to being respectful again in the NFL.

That's true. I'm still a little reluctant though on being so positive about the Bengals. You know how it is, they start to look good, your hopes rise so far up and then WAM, something stupid happens

Oh, yeah, I know. And don't get me wrong, my expectations for this season are pretty low. If they manage to get 7 wins I'd be thrilled. But as the season goes on, one thing is becoming crystal clear: the hungriest person on this football team is Marvin Lewis. Nobody from Mikey down to the equipment manager wants to win worse that this guy.

I don't think he'd ever admit it but I think he's got a chip on his shoulder that's about the size of PBS. I mean, here's a guy who put together one of the best defenses of all time, has a Super Bowl ring to show for it, and then spent 3 years doing the always-a-bridesmaid-never-a-bride thing in the annual head coaching game. I think he wants a Lombardi Trophy for the express purpose of cramming it down 31 other teams' throats for passing him up.

We didn't have that with Coslet and LeBeau. Coslet was Cap'n Clueless -- how many times did we hear some variation on "I don't know what's wrong" in his press conferences? -- and eventually lost the team's respect to such an extent that he quit. And LeBeau was mister laid-back, you-guys-are-pros, hey-look-we-had-some-good-stats. For the first time in a long time we have a coach who wants to win, and will not tolerate losses.

And that more than anything else gives me hope. They may not win a lot this year but they will be better, and it won't be another one-year-wonder type of improvement because Lewis isn't going to take his foot off the gas.

that's why, to me, a loss is tolerable this year. especially to the high caliber teams. we are gaining and growing. it's a great feeling to get pumped up and behind this team. find a balance for this year. avoid the high high's and the low lows. this will help keep you sane!!! :rolleyes:

Finally someone on the Bengals with some swag. Three cheers for Dillon. We always needed someone with a chip on their shoulder. REPEAT AFTER ME. -Joe Montana was a bad, evil man sent to earth to haunt Bengal fans around the world. Demons be gone. Run Dillon run. Find somebody and hit them. Long live Boobie Clark.

REPEAT AFTER ME. -Joe Montana was a bad, evil man sent to earth to haunt Bengal fans around the world. Demons be gone. Run Dillon run. Find somebody and hit them. Long live Boobie Clark.

Amen to that BB but like me you are showing your age if you remember the 2 SB titles that we was robbed. THe whiners just barely won both of em. I still remember wanting to throw my shoe right thru the TV screen. In fact in 81 I got so sick from reese cup overdose. and yes long live Charles Boobie Clark and the Woods shuffle. B)